Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Mysterious Ancient Tome

znihilist
09.26.2013 , 11:13 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBurton View Post
I heard that as well, but i believe that wasn't officially confirmed either. And it doesn't fit with Reids statement. Even the average player can try to fool the CS, but the average players don't force push each other to places that aren't intended to be reached. But like i said, it is indeed just speculation on my part, i'm far from having any proof. To be honest, i'm just as clueless as the rest of us, maybe i'm even more puzzled due to the many different statements we get from various members of the CS.
That is true, and I couldn't actually find the relevant post (doesn't really matter).
However, isn't possible that the force pushing etc etc is meant as he found this puzzle interesting and the not the whatever he exploited ? I remember reading about someone who actually followed him (stealth follow) in outlaw den and didn't see anything beyond that (as he already had the crystal).
Anyway we could send Eric a private message -but not today, perhaps on Monday- asking him to clarify this for us.

KarethRiker
09.26.2013 , 11:21 AM | #112
I think there has to be a real solvable puzzle here. If it was just broken the devs or CM team would have chimed in by now. Keeping silent implies there is something.
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

HekaHeh
09.26.2013 , 01:20 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post
I think there has to be a real solvable puzzle here. If it was just broken the devs or CM team would have chimed in by now. Keeping silent implies there is something.
But there is no logical reason why they couldn't give us the simple "Yes, there is a puzzle / No, there isn't a puzzle (atm.)" - this guessing game should be about the actual puzzle, and not about whether there is a riddle or not.

So I personally think this is again more a lack of actual "Customer Service" if you see the commitment of several players to the cause and not even bother to tell them, though highly requested, if they are wasting their in game time or not.

And btw - has anyone found "Sandclaw" yet?

WillHolmes
09.26.2013 , 02:26 PM | #114
just as a recap do you know what your looking for an item, door, ect ect. kinda got lost towards the end of posts
Shadowlands - Chandrian

Toasterman - Heal MercHanjabba - Madness Sin
10/10 DF/DP NIM

DarthBurton
09.26.2013 , 02:47 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by WillHolmes View Post
just as a recap do you know what your looking for an item, door, ect ect. kinda got lost towards the end of posts
Truth is, nobody knows. The user "swtor_miner"'s from reddit said, that you need a fourth buff to activate the ancient tome, in addition to the three buffs you can get from aggroing the vendors in the outlaws den. This fourth buff should have been obtainable by defeating an enemy named "Sandclaw". Since "Sandclaw" is not ingame (At least, nobody has discovered him yet), there's no way to activate the tome. "swtor_miner" also mentioned a clickable door he was going to investigate, but i've never asked him about it. Since nothing new has been revealed from that, i assume it was a dead end.

Take it with a grain of salt, it's your own choice if you trust "swtor_miner"'s information. I do trust them, he has proven himself on more than one occasion, but as he said himself, bioware constantly changes data files, removes them, adds them, let them lay dormant for months etc.. There's always the possibility that something slipped through unnoticed.

@Everybody, feel free to correct me if i mixed up something.
Kinara - Sage Lv. 55 - Mídori - Sorcerer Lv. 55 - Dárya - Sage Lv. 55
Kíeran - Sentinel Lv. 55 - Sául - Juggernaut Lv. 49 - Natálya - Guardian Lv. 50
Ayaná - Vanguard Lv. 55 - Murdoҫk - Commando Lv. 51
Nakajima - Scoundrel Lv. 55 - Caitlín - Shadow Lv. 55

znihilist
09.26.2013 , 02:55 PM | #116
Truth is, nobody knows. The user "swtor_miner"'s from reddit said, that you need a fourth buff to activate the ancient tome, in addition to the three buffs you can get from aggroing the vendors in the outlaws den. This fourth buff should have been obtainable by defeating an enemy named "Sandclaw". Since "Sandclaw" is not ingame (At least, nobody has discovered him yet), there's no way to activate the tome. "swtor_miner" also mentioned a clickable door he was going to investigate, but i've never asked him about it. Since nothing new has been revealed from that, i assume it was a dead end.

Take it with a grain of salt, it's your own choice if you trust "swtor_miner"'s information. I do trust them, he has proven himself on more than one occasion, but as he said himself, bioware constantly changes data files, removes them, adds them, let them lay dormant for months etc.. There's always the possibility that something slipped through unnoticed.

@Everybody, feel free to correct me if i mixed up something.
One thing missing (but not important) swtor_miner said that there should be a beam of light that transports you to the Ancient tome. So the pushback/etc/etc method to get to it is not the intended way.

DarthBurton
09.27.2013 , 01:38 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post
Another possibility is, that there's no puzzle currently, but bioware's planning to implement one soon, after they've seen people actually asking about the tome. That way, they don't have to say "there's no puzzle" and "now there is one!" after a few weeks. I assume that Bioware stays silent until there's a puzzle, and then they'll give the community a hint. In that case, Bioware doesn't even need to admit, that there's no puzzle at the moment.
Kinara - Sage Lv. 55 - Mídori - Sorcerer Lv. 55 - Dárya - Sage Lv. 55
Kíeran - Sentinel Lv. 55 - Sául - Juggernaut Lv. 49 - Natálya - Guardian Lv. 50
Ayaná - Vanguard Lv. 55 - Murdoҫk - Commando Lv. 51
Nakajima - Scoundrel Lv. 55 - Caitlín - Shadow Lv. 55

AlrikFassbauer
09.27.2013 , 05:40 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by JettZor View Post
You know you can already get a White Lightsaber crystal legitimately in the game right?
I heard about that, but never did it so far.

The fact, that you can obtain the crystal now legitimately was never the question.
I thought we were talking of *current* SWTOR. Sorry.

Another possibility is, that there's no puzzle currently,
Another possibility is that there might have been an event-specific puzzle which went forgotten.
"Just say no." If you feel like you are only there for generating Comms for someone else, then just stay away from PvP. Don't let yourself get farmed !

oasisX
09.27.2013 , 09:32 AM | #119
This may be a long shot, but the well-fed womp rat reminded me of the malnourished banthas that have been scattered across tatooine for a long time. They may have some sort of connection to each other, but I know from testing that getting the three buffs and killing one of the banthas does nothing, and I doubt they'd have you go that far from the outlaw's den if the puzzle is meant to be in there.

MeNaCe-NZ
09.27.2013 , 03:49 PM | #120
It is odd that no reply from BW. Take the dreadful orb for example - they atl east made a crpytic comment about that in reply to someone's querying it.
Speaking of dreaful orb ( a currently unsolved puzzle ) anyone tried possibly using this or maybe the puzzle is linked to something else on SnV? Is Dash'roode a duneclaw? *shrug*