Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcerer Suggestions

Takisha
12.23.2011 , 07:51 AM | #1
Sorcerer Suggestions by Takisha:

1) Increase the visibility of buffs/debuffs - they are very small and difficult to assess

2) Include Pet health windows in UI - unable to quickly target without mouse

3) Refresh health rate on UI windows in PVP
** Let me clarify here - I have been in numerous battles where my UI frames will show all the players around me being full health when infact they are dying. I have to target them with my mouse and not rely on UI frames for health updates.

4) Make pets smarter: They continue to beat on the first target selected which is often the crowd control - they should know better! /shock - Their AOE dmg should not break CC either.

5) I have so many spells and cannot use SHIFT + Number to cycle through them - so my UI looks a mess please add more spellbars that are keyboard friendly and not so much mouse clicky

6) Target of Target included in UI options: If we are to CC and Heal I need to see both the target and the target of target instead I'm forced to toggle with the mouse :x

As more suggestions arise I will continue to update - Any other sorcerers have solutions to this problem??
-Takisha (Death Wind Corridor)

JOutlaw
12.23.2011 , 08:08 AM | #2
My biggest complaint is not having a quick way to target the companion other than with the mouse. In saying that though, I'm going to be mucking around with it tonight to see if I can get a quick key to possibly be able to instantly target my companion. If I can find a way to do this I'll post it up.

In regards to the spell bar, I have a small case of OCD, so I have them grouped up nicely and use both the left and right hand bars for things I don't consider to be "Instant Needs"
Some say Tomato, others say Tomato, but when you write it down, it doesn't make a lick of difference.

Antrasith
12.23.2011 , 09:00 AM | #3
I just want 3 things:

- Make the operations window customizable (right now it's taking up a big chunk of the screen and it annoys the **** out of me

- Gimme a macro system with "Mouse-Over-functionality" integrated

- More (customizable) shortcut bars

---> Happy gamer!
Essencia ~ Sith Healer (50)
Essencia ~ Jedi Consular (leveling)

framdor
12.23.2011 , 09:06 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JOutlaw View Post
My biggest complaint is not having a quick way to target the companion other than with the mouse. In saying that though, I'm going to be mucking around with it tonight to see if I can get a quick key to possibly be able to instantly target my companion. If I can find a way to do this I'll post it up.

In regards to the spell bar, I have a small case of OCD, so I have them grouped up nicely and use both the left and right hand bars for things I don't consider to be "Instant Needs"
Pressing F1 twice will target ur companion. I find this handy since using tab cycles through the available mobs. I press F1 twice hit my comp, heal or bubble him, then tab to my targeted mob.

OP-"4) Make pets smarter: They continue to beat on the first target selected which is often the crowd control - they should know better! /shock - Their AOE dmg should not break CC either."

I have not seen this particular problem. This could be a problem of the companion's AOE firing and after that if may appear as if the companion is attacking the CC'd target. Once the CC is broken he will attack the target. When I CC a target my companion will either stand closer to the CC'd target to wait for the CC to cooldown or attack another target - if other targets are available. If I have forgotten to turned off his AOE prior to combat he will, of course break my CC.

There is a bug where we can turn off the companion's AOE, but when if the companion is dismissed or dies the AOE is automatically re-lit. Sometimes I forget to turn it off, this causes the problem stated.

hobofett
12.23.2011 , 09:12 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Takisha View Post

1) Increase the visibility of buffs/debuffs - they are very small and difficult to assess

** Let me clarify here - I have been in numerous battles where my UI frames will show all the players around me being full health when infact they are dying. I have to target them with my mouse and not rely on UI frames for health updates.

4) Make pets smarter: They continue to beat on the first target selected which is often the crowd control - they should know better! /shock - Their AOE dmg should not break CC either.

5) I have so many spells and cannot use SHIFT + Number to cycle through them - so my UI looks a mess please add more spellbars that are keyboard friendly and not so much mouse clicky

6) Target of Target included in UI options: If we are to CC and Heal I need to see both the target and the target of target instead I'm forced to toggle with the mouse :x

As more suggestions arise I will continue to update - Any other sorcerers have solutions to this problem??
1) Agreed
2) This is pretty visible IMO
3) Agreed
4) You can order your pets to attack your target, be pssive or do whatever.
5) More action bars in preferences options. another 2 or 3.
6) Agreed
The Ewoks will rise and under my rule will invade the galaxy!

So sayeth I Darth Grub, the universe's ONLY Ewok Sith Lord!

Bigmitch
12.23.2011 , 09:57 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Takisha View Post

1. I agree.
2. I have no problem with this. I do want a tab option that cycles through allies though. Maybe there is and I didnt see it.
3. I have not noticed but as I dont main heals I dont pay as much attention to ally hp.
4. It is very annoying to have to make my companion passive, cc a target, start attacking another, and then tell them to attack that one. At the moment I don't see a good way around it.
5. I honestly only cycle through around 5 or 6 skills regularly. They all fit on one bar. I have a second bar that is my less used abilities and abilities with long cooldowns. I put my cc on this second bar as they are not spammed and tend to have longer cooldowns.
6. Something like this would be nice.