Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Blazkowicz
09.26.2013 , 07:15 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
The app only connects to the internet before it starts to check for updates and when you are raiding.
At least for me "Combat Log" only works when I let the parser connect to the mentioned IP.
For me it looks like a mac skin and not so fond of it.
If all imperial moffs are like you, it's a wonder you can get your armor on in the morning, much less conquer an empire.

Devilk
09.26.2013 , 10:41 PM | #102
Can you explain the term effective healing? Is that healing that is actually used and not wasted to something like overhealing someone?

Shandellon
09.27.2013 , 12:20 AM | #103
Yes. If you hit someone on 31k/35k HP with an ability for 9k healing, your effective healing is only 4k. It will also result on parser in 44% effective healing. Numbers are taken from threat (I assume) as only effective healing generates threat and there is no other way in game log to calculate this
Cyntia - Sage Hp - Gunsliger Dps
<Not Good Enough>/<FriendlyFire> @ ToFN

Ardarell_Solo
09.27.2013 , 04:57 AM | #104
I like it a lot, brilliant work, thx.

But is anyone else experiencing increased lag since using this Parser?
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian) | Craeg (Scoundrel)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan>
T3-M4

Macio
09.27.2013 , 07:57 AM | #105
i think lad last two days there are issues with servers. We has some guys having problems logging in etc (they not using Parsec).

I like the app, but some users in my group stopped using it as it was impacting their computer performance. Sure one girl uses laptops with good spec but even on my PC which is I5 cpu with loads or ram etc, i noticed game lag while using Parsec. No issues using Torparser or MOX.

ANy idea why would that be ?
Golfik Gunslinger of Polish Galactic Legion on The Red Eclipse UE PGL
My Youtube channel with Swtor movies:http://www.youtube.com/user/maciopoka
AMR profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...0-7fa7701b0bdf

Macio
09.27.2013 , 07:59 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Shandellon View Post
Yes. If you hit someone on 31k/35k HP with an ability for 9k healing, your effective healing is only 4k. It will also result on parser in 44% effective healing. Numbers are taken from threat (I assume) as only effective healing generates threat and there is no other way in game log to calculate this
if thats the case, any fight where healers can be given guard will hit up the ranks due to much better ratio of heals given to threat generated
Golfik Gunslinger of Polish Galactic Legion on The Red Eclipse UE PGL
My Youtube channel with Swtor movies:http://www.youtube.com/user/maciopoka
AMR profile: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...0-7fa7701b0bdf

Shandellon
09.27.2013 , 09:10 AM | #107
It would diminish it, not hit up, but whayever. Anyway, being guarded is also inculed in logs, so its not a problem to take itno consideration
Cyntia - Sage Hp - Gunsliger Dps
<Not Good Enough>/<FriendlyFire> @ ToFN

DocZoloft
09.27.2013 , 06:00 PM | #108
Our guild has been using Parsec for the last few raid nights, and we're really enjoying it. Thanks for creating it and keep up the good work.
Zoloc | Xanaxa | Gardasil | Mohrphine | Prozaq | Valiumm | Klonopinn | Rytalin | Vicodina | Cilline

Felkroth
09.27.2013 , 10:19 PM | #109
Parsec has been fine. So I have nothing but good reviews thus far, but let me relate a funny experience that happened to us last night.

We were 20ish percent remaining on Styrak NiM (5ish percent before he revives the Kell Dragon)

Sooo, we're all clumped on the big ghost manifestations, walls closing in on us...gunslingers primed to utilize their Pulse Detonators to KB them back.

What happens? One of the Gunslingers misses, and the other one doesn't hit his BECAUSE Parsec opened some sort of message pop up. WIPE!

It was sad. 13 minutes into a 15 minute fight only to have Parsec open some popup window and mess up a key mechanic on an encounter.

It was lol.

Docmal
09.28.2013 , 10:55 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Macio View Post
i think lad last two days there are issues with servers. We has some guys having problems logging in etc (they not using Parsec).

I like the app, but some users in my group stopped using it as it was impacting their computer performance. Sure one girl uses laptops with good spec but even on my PC which is I5 cpu with loads or ram etc, i noticed game lag while using Parsec. No issues using Torparser or MOX.

ANy idea why would that be ?
From my experience parsec uses very little cpu (<2%) and a nominal amount of ram (<200 mb). Its network bandwidth usage is very small since it only does a server round trip every 3 seconds and its payload is tiny.

I have experienced increased lag lately when not using any parsers.
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...