Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NoFishing
09.26.2013 , 12:08 PM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
How do you draw this conclusion when they've had 3 weeks to answer THREE questions? And come on...Austin Peckingham was the only one doing "class balance" pre-2.0, he alone is this massive "combat team" you wrongly assume they're trying hard to assemble in one room.
The questions were submitted to the combat team on 9/16, so they've had the questions for about a week and a half. Not saying delaying the answers further is a good thing, it reveals that answering class questions is a very low priority for them. But we don't do ourselves any favors by grossly exaggerating the timeline.

Exly
09.26.2013 , 12:09 PM | #292
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news today. It looks like the Combat Team will need some more time to finish your questions, so we will be posting these next week. While it may seem like a quick and easy thing to answer these questions, the team wants to make sure you receive thorough answers, which does take time. I understand this is not ideal, but we appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay!
Please tell me that they are not too busy playing WoW to find time to answer them. Actually, go ahead and tell me that. At least then I could understand the delay.

TUXs
09.26.2013 , 12:14 PM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
The answer we really don't know. They said they're committed to doing this and they've been mostly pretty good so far. A pessimistic person can assume they're just shrugging it off or just screwing around but there's a good chance that there is actually a good reason why it couldn't get done. Also, just because Austin is the one guy communicating on the forum does not mean he's the only guy working on it.

As someone else said, they probably have a list of priorities on how they need to spend their time at work, and the last thing they want to do is come up with the next "heal to full" meme (or maybe they do, that was pretty funny for a while).
Austin had stated pre-2.0 that he is the ONLY one working on class balance. Not that he was the only one posting...the only one working on it.

And yeah, they said they were committed, obviously they aren't. I'm not "pessimistic" because I feel that way - the continual putting this off is proof for me that only someone foolishly optimistic would actually think they actually are. They've proven they aren't. What would it truly take to answer THREE questions? 10 min per question? 30 min per? It's going to be 3-weeks between submitting them and getting the replies...that's not "committed"...not even close.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

GalnarDegana
09.26.2013 , 12:23 PM | #294
Do you want it right or rushed? Geez people, you think you would have learned when SWTOR launched too quickly and needed major patches to bring it up to speed. Give them a break, let them do their job.

By the way, the PvP team initiated the Class Rep system. So they actually do care, and it wasn't just Eric, Courtney, and Amber brainstorming and saying "hey, we should get the PvP team to answer questions!" The PvP team wanted to do this. Let them do it right. I don't want the same quality of answers from the sage/vanguard incident, so I would like them to be more cautious and take their time.

idnewton
09.26.2013 , 12:23 PM | #295
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
The skill level of PR required to answer the Class Questions may be higher than the Combat Team feels comfortable with.
It's unfortunate such a great quote was lost in the pages of QQ. Just wanted to bring it back up. If I can fit it into my sig, I will
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 Dread Fortress PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

TUXs
09.26.2013 , 12:28 PM | #296
Quote: Originally Posted by GalnarDegana View Post
Do you want it right or rushed? Geez people.
They are answering THREE questions, not splitting atoms. I want answers in a timely manner.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

FriendReferral
09.26.2013 , 12:38 PM | #297
Quote: Originally Posted by GalnarDegana View Post
Do you want it right or rushed? Geez people, you think you would have learned when SWTOR launched too quickly and needed major patches to bring it up to speed. Give them a break, let them do their job.

By the way, the PvP team initiated the Class Rep system. So they actually do care, and it wasn't just Eric, Courtney, and Amber brainstorming and saying "hey, we should get the PvP team to answer questions!" The PvP team wanted to do this. Let them do it right. I don't want the same quality of answers from the sage/vanguard incident, so I would like them to be more cautious and take their time.
If they did actually care, PvP wouldn't be launching with a new PvP system that'll only be full of lolSmashers and Scouperative trolololols.

chuixupu
09.26.2013 , 12:39 PM | #298
Austin had stated pre-2.0 that he is the ONLY one working on class balance. Not that he was the only one posting...the only one working on it.
Can you locate the link to this statement? I can't seem to find it. His position is "lead combat designer" which leads me to believe he's leading, but we could always be mislead.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

ikinai
09.26.2013 , 12:41 PM | #299
They are answering THREE questions, not splitting atoms. I want answers in a timely manner.
Well, maybe they hired Buckaroo Bonzai, and he is splitting an atom, while driving a race car playing guitar for a rock band. We will never know, according to Schroedinger, if we actually observe them answering the question it will change the eventuality of the question to a state such that it cannot be answered.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

cycao
09.26.2013 , 12:42 PM | #300
Hi guys

Sorry for the inconvenience and we applaud your patience but we have the answers to your questions.

After much debate from our combat team we have decided to simply remove shadows and commandoes from the game. We know it is probably not the answer you were all looking forward to hear but this is the best course of action we feel we can take as a development team.

Again, thanks for your patience and we look forward to hearing your feedback and continued support of our game.