Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AdrianDmitruk
09.26.2013 , 11:35 AM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by FriendReferral View Post
Tuxxy,

The Combat Team is Healing to Full atm. Not sure if they'll make us pay with the next responses, but no matter what happens it'll always be us with the perception problem.

The skill level of PR required to answer the Class Questions may be higher than the Combat Team feels comfortable with.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

chuixupu
09.26.2013 , 11:37 AM | #282
Good grief people, it's like you're all thinking they just sit around and read forums like we do. I know how it is at other jobs with people working on a team, sometimes you just can't get everyone in the same room at the same time because there is actually important work being done.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

dscount
09.26.2013 , 11:37 AM | #283
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
The skill level of PR required to answer the Class Questions may be higher than the Combat Team may be comfortable with.
That's because they only know the answer "NO" that's not possible. No we can't separate HM/NIM lockout, No we don't agree with Sage/Sorc community, No Sin/Shadows don't have a squishy problem, No it's a perception issue.

My favorite... NO PROBLEM... LOL
WTB Legacy wide Datacron unlock
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

dscount
09.26.2013 , 11:46 AM | #284
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Good grief people, it's like you're all thinking they just sit around and read forums like we do. I know how it is at other jobs with people working on a team, sometimes you just can't get everyone in the same room at the same time because there is actually important work being done.
I would agree to a point. The commitment was made that instead of them combing forums and AD HOC responding the whole REP concept was developed. With the PROMISE that we would get real questions answered in real time based on a schedule. Yes it does take at least a week to formulate a PC related response. I'm sure they are being very word smithy to say no without saying L2P or H2F on them now. PLUS not releasing on Friday is a good plan unless they want to do damage control over the weekend.

Now all that said and done... They pulled the plug on the program and just need to wrap up this last set of questions. Which after reading them again are fairly complex and well written.

Bottom Line:
They committed to doing this and should pony up the time it takes. MANY of us have to crap out WAY MORE detailed documents for our day jobs as well in a fraction of the time. Being the SME they should be able to have answers in record breaking time unless they truly have NO CLUE what they are doing. (Unlikely, but it really does look like it from the outside world and perception is what 90% of reality?)

Doulo
09.26.2013 , 11:46 AM | #285
That was my point. Where is this in the priority queue? Obviously it is not a priority. If something is a priority it gets accomplished. I oversee a team, and work alongside other teams. We are all very busy, but when something is a priority, we are there and get it done.

Here is another example. The whole U.S. military shut down for a day to train on Sexual Harassment because it was a priority for the leaders. The WHOLE military in the US stopped work for a day to accomplish a priority task. I am sure it sucked but it was done.

TUXs
09.26.2013 , 11:49 AM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
The skill level of PR required to answer the Class Questions may be higher than the Combat Team feels comfortable with.
PR is an “easy to play, hard to master” profession, in that most of their replies are rather straight-forward and easily understood, but saying as little as possible with the most words possible, may require a higher skill level than many PR folk are comfortable with.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

TUXs
09.26.2013 , 11:53 AM | #287
How do you draw this conclusion when they've had 3 weeks to answer THREE questions? And come on...Austin Peckingham was the only one doing "class balance" pre-2.0, he alone is this massive "combat team" you wrongly assume they're trying hard to assemble in one room.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

dscount
09.26.2013 , 11:53 AM | #288
Hold on TUX.. just cause the PR (Community) folks post the spew coming from the DEV's doesn't mean they are to blame for it's content. No matter how chunky that barf might be, they are just the messengers.

Just don't let Austin scribble the responses on a napkin at the local pub after 9pm anymore and shouldn't see anymore PR issues like L2P or H2F. LOL

chuixupu
09.26.2013 , 12:00 PM | #289
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
How do you draw this conclusion when they've had 3 weeks to answer THREE questions? And come on...Austin Peckingham was the only one doing "class balance" pre-2.0, he alone is this massive "combat team" you wrongly assume they're trying hard to assemble in one room.
The answer we really don't know. They said they're committed to doing this and they've been mostly pretty good so far. A pessimistic person can assume they're just shrugging it off or just screwing around but there's a good chance that there is actually a good reason why it couldn't get done. Also, just because Austin is the one guy communicating on the forum does not mean he's the only guy working on it.

As someone else said, they probably have a list of priorities on how they need to spend their time at work, and the last thing they want to do is come up with the next "heal to full" meme (or maybe they do, that was pretty funny for a while).
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

SpaniardInfinity
09.26.2013 , 12:08 PM | #290
I guess I'll have to tell the angry mob that I riled up for the Mercenary answers to put down their pitchforks until Monday. Shame.

I'd be willing to ignore the delay in answering the questions if 2.5 actually makes meaningful changes. But I'm done holding my breath. My doctors tell me its a bad idea, and I trust their judgement.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>