Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Representatives Are Here!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Class Representatives Are Here!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nebdar
09.26.2013 , 11:02 AM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Doulo View Post
Courtney,
This is completely disrespectful to us. I accept your apology because I choose to believe that you actually are sorry. However, this is yet another time in which your company says one thing and does not align its manpower to effectively achieve that goal. So you may be sorry, but your company's actions continue to demonstrate that as a unit you all do not care enough about your professional work ethic to ensure you meet the goals that you all set for yourself.
As far as taking time, we were told that the devs had been looking into shadow tank spikiness for months. For my job, I was given two tasks yesterday (9/25) to write 500 word essays nominating people that I barely know for awards that I don't think they merited, but I wrote 1000 words about how my company thinks they are deserving and why in addition to my standard 9-hour workload. It took me 90 minutes to answer the question of why they should get these awards. The fact that your entire combat team cannot take the same time to answer six questions about something they are supposed to be experts in is deplorable. It seems that they are either incompetent or uncaring. Professionals accomplish what they are capable of regardless of whether they care or not.
We will now be waiting 18 days between posting questions and receiving answers. 80 hours per team member at 40 hours a week. I am trying to be very respectful, but unless these "thorough" answers are essay-length, you are misleading us and treating us with disdain.
i agree .. now it should be the best Combat Team response of the year.. for that time and this type of AC's...( i more interested in Merc part of response ...)
"This approach seems overly complicated. Can i use my lightsaber instead?"
Jedi Consular Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Sweet'blade Oddajmisie
Nebdul Nebdana

TUXs
09.26.2013 , 11:12 AM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news today. It looks like the Combat Team will need some more time to finish your questions, so we will be posting these next week. While it may seem like a quick and easy thing to answer these questions, the team wants to make sure you receive thorough answers, which does take time. I understand this is not ideal, but we appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay!
Geezus Courtney...there were only THREE freaking questions...they need a week to answer each one? It's not that this isn't "ideal", it's comical. THREE questions...there were only THREE!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

AdrianDmitruk
09.26.2013 , 11:14 AM | #273
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news today. It looks like the Combat Team will need some more time to finish your questions, so we will be posting these next week. While it may seem like a quick and easy thing to answer these questions, the team wants to make sure you receive thorough answers, which does take time. I understand this is not ideal, but we appreciate your patience and apologize for the delay!
Does that mean the Combat Team will revisit answering the questions that they previously gave flippant and disrespectful answers to, without being thorough and without consideration to the (real or perceived) shortcomings of the class the Combat Team answers failed utterly to address?

Or must the class that I main (well...if only playing SWTOR a couple times a week now can be considered "maining" anything anymore) continue to l2p?
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

Jordach
09.26.2013 , 11:18 AM | #274
Quote: Originally Posted by Doulo View Post
Courtney,
This is completely disrespectful to us. I accept your apology because I choose to believe that you actually are sorry. However, this is yet another time in which your company says one thing and does not align its manpower to effectively achieve that goal. So you may be sorry, but your company's actions continue to demonstrate that as a unit you all do not care enough about your professional work ethic to ensure you meet the goals that you all set for yourself.
As far as taking time, we were told that the devs had been looking into shadow tank spikiness for months. For my job, I was given two tasks yesterday (9/25) to write 500 word essays nominating people that I barely know for awards that I don't think they merited, but I wrote 1000 words about how my company thinks they are deserving and why in addition to my standard 9-hour workload. It took me 90 minutes to answer the question of why they should get these awards. The fact that your entire combat team cannot take the same time to answer six questions about something they are supposed to be experts in is deplorable. It seems that they are either incompetent or uncaring. Professionals accomplish what they are capable of regardless of whether they care or not.
We will now be waiting 18 days between posting questions and receiving answers. 80 hours per team member at 40 hours a week. I am trying to be very respectful, but unless these "thorough" answers are essay-length, you are misleading us and treating us with disdain.
This. If I were 18 days late on a deliverable with no decent explanation I would be looking over my shoulder for that pink slip. After the sorc debacle I understand they want to be cautious but to me this shows that our questions are not near a priority.

If you continue to miss handle the class rep questions like you are now and have in the past than you might as well not bring them back after 2.5 because this is doing more harm than good to your rep in the community.

wainot-keel
09.26.2013 , 11:18 AM | #275
Hey everyone,

Well, that's disappointing, can't really be that hard... But I guess after the "heal to full" fiasco, combat team's responses have to through several layers of scrutiniy, revisions and such...

KhalDrogoe
09.26.2013 , 11:21 AM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by gogator View Post
The thing is if devs had taken a quick look at the class forums while the questions were still being discussed, they would have had a general idea of what is going to be asked as far as a month ago (the problems of AC's are so clear most of the time that 2 out of 3 questions is obvious during the course of discussion among players).

Also, like others said if answers were really detailed with mathematical arguments and such it would be acceptable but now it just seems unprofessional
It's now OBVIOUS that the combat team doesn't read the forums at all! I mean they said sometime after 2.0.1 that they would explain bolster.... still waiting on that one, so I can only imagine how long this one will take.

From this experience of the Class Representatives, I can extrapolate the following:

1) The community team are the only people to read the forums.

2) The class representative initiative was the workings of the community team, doing their job and listening to the community.

3) BW as a whole is more interested in selling sparkle ponies/goods than how their game actually plays.

4) The combat team is out of touch with how the classes actually play.

5) The combat team doesn't give a squat about balancing issues. All of their changes are not well thought out, and they unnecessarily nerf classes that have no business being nerfed in the first place (Merc Pyro for example) http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=679104

Iraq-Lobster, Wakwa, The Marshmallow Legacy POT5
Bloobies - JC

RakeshZeal
09.26.2013 , 11:21 AM | #277
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I am the bearer of bad news today. It looks like the Combat Team will need some more time to finish your questions, so we will be posting these next week.
I say push 2.4! I'd rather have polished content then not. That will give them plenty of time to awnser the questions this week. This is also an indicator there will be no balances for merc/mando healers for the beginning of arena's.

Let me elaborate further, I would like to see the new gear released next week, give people that dont stack items due to PvE requirements a chance to catch up followed by the arena's themselves the week after, then when they are completely bug-free and non-exploitable release the new operations. This comes from a ranked PvP'er and a Nightmare Raider.
-The Harbingers Legacy

TUXs
09.26.2013 , 11:29 AM | #278
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
4) The combat team is out of touch with how the classes actually play.
While I agree with ALL of your points, #4 is the most blatantly obvious one imo. So out of touch that they can't take 5 minutes to answer THREE freaking questions without some snarky comment on how difficult a class is to master or crap like that.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

dscount
09.26.2013 , 11:31 AM | #279
Hold on.. puts "SHOCKED EA/BW BLUNDER EXPRESSION EMOTE" on...
Okay.. OMG... I'm so shocked here.

I agree that if these responses by the team align with the crap the sage/sorc's got I suspect that James Blunt has another video coming soon. Quickly followed by another 900+ post response to how POORLY the Combat Dev's are in touch with actually playing the game.

BOTTOM LINE:
You guys PR Wise can't afford another major debacle like that. LOL
WTB Legacy wide Datacron unlock
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

FriendReferral
09.26.2013 , 11:32 AM | #280
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
While I agree with ALL of your points, #4 is the most blatantly obvious one imo. So out of touch that they can't take 5 minutes to answer THREE freaking questions without some snarky comment on how difficult a class is to master or crap like that.
Tuxxy,

The Combat Team is Healing to Full atm. Not sure if they'll make us pay with the next responses, but no matter what happens it'll always be us with the perception problem.