Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Workaround for streaming

Vinente
09.25.2013 , 10:19 PM | #1
I really believe that BW coded the downloader in the way they did for a reason(don't throw stones yet), but to get a decent and real download(i don't have a ubber mega internet connection, just 2 mb) i had to use the workaround and disable bitraider, to get my download to really work(just now im up to more than 50% of downloading the "main assets 1 for 2 days).
And have said that, id like to know if ill have to keep this workaround forever, or eventually BW / EA will provide a "real" solution for this issue, and i also would be very pleased to know if the character already created, will suffer(be erased or something in this line) because of the time im unable to actually play the game?

I'd really appreciate any information regarding this!

Thanks in advance.

cabled
09.26.2013 , 12:14 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Vinente View Post
I really believe that BW coded the downloader in the way they did for a reason(don't throw stones yet), but to get a decent and real download(i don't have a ubber mega internet connection, just 2 mb) i had to use the workaround and disable bitraider, to get my download to really work(just now im up to more than 50% of downloading the "main assets 1 for 2 days).
And have said that, id like to know if ill have to keep this workaround forever, or eventually BW / EA will provide a "real" solution for this issue, and i also would be very pleased to know if the character already created, will suffer(be erased or something in this line) because of the time im unable to actually play the game?

I'd really appreciate any information regarding this!

Thanks in advance.
no characters will be deleted due to your inability to log in. the bitraider is actually a new implementation and thus far is far far inferior to the original implementation. as things go, i think the "workaround" works better then the new solution
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science