Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

After 9/24/2013 Launcher Update Patch.. Will it work??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
After 9/24/2013 Launcher Update Patch.. Will it work??

nickelchaser
09.25.2013 , 09:45 PM | #1
Hello
with 48hs of download and patch I still at 88%
so it gonna take 12hs more to complete.
When it is over
Will it work?

Or stop this and start from 0?

Please customer support make a better sticky note to clarifi.

"Yesterday , 10:32 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.
Greetings all,

We are working on an update to address the problem some players are seeing with unnecessarily lengthy file reorganization and download times using the launcher in Streaming Mode. The update is currently in testing and will prevent future instances of the issue. Unfortunately it will not correct the problem for those who are currently affected. Those experiencing this issue will need to completely finish updating.

Additionally, we see that some players are opting to switch to the SSN (non-streaming) Mode to work around this. We want to ensure that you are aware that switching to SSN (non-streaming) Mode will trigger a full re-download of the game, so performing this switch has the potential to take longer than waiting for the patch to complete in Streaming Mode.

Thank you all for your patience with this issue, and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. As more information is available regarding the launcher update, we will be sure to post it for you.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support"

Best regards

LordBlackrain
09.25.2013 , 10:21 PM | #2
After changing the codes in launcher and removed streaming (ST) i found i am now getting the correct file size show up instead of a random connection speed, yes i've had to restart the download again but the file size does not seem as big even tho im still downloading the file rather slowly which bounces from 50 to 200 kbps it seems the download is still going faster then that streaming method.

Even if you do manage to finish your download with streaming your only going to be effected next update like i have been every update till now.
I know for sure the old client version dosn't have this issue just the inital slow download speed is its only drama.