Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

SuspectDown
09.24.2013 , 09:55 AM | #891
Quote: Originally Posted by mustopak View Post
Athiss 55 HMFP.

Met a sentinel. Won't waste time so here it is: she uses freaking "GUARDED BY THE FORCE" in her rotation. Amazing. Unbelievable. I was wondering why is her health going down too fast even when I put bubble on her, then I saw her executing that skill EVERYTIME. EVERY SINGLE TIME WHEN IT'S OFF COOLDOWN. She sacrifices HALF her full health EVERYTIME when it is CLEARLY NOT NEEDED. She sure does love her utility skills, saw her popping inspiration on adds and not bosses.

So I told her politely to stop using the skill. "Can you stop using Guarded by the Force please?" But nope. NOPE. She kept using it so I had to heal the ignorance up to full each time she uses the skill. ***. I don't think she even knows what the skill is called. FFS. Before the final boss I told her again to stop using it, but FRAGGING NO. NO. She kept on using it! YAAAAAAAAAAYYY!

Sigh.
If it happens again, kick them. DPS are easy to find.

Primesghost
09.24.2013 , 10:49 AM | #892
Was running CZ Corporate Labs on SM last week to get the Weekly. I'm a well geared 55 Marauder and we have another Marauder, Sorc and Ops heals. Three of us are running through it but the Sorc...every time we come to a group of trash he's trying to give direction.

"Everybody stand over here so we can LoS"
"I can pull then LoS next group."

So on and so forth, the rest of us are pretty much ignoring him. Finally he starts getting angry and going all caps.

"DON"T ATTACK UNTIL EVERYONE HAS ASSIGNMENTS!!"

So I tell him to relax and we all point out that it's SM and we're not really even taking any damage. During the Eradicator fight he finally loses it completely. The other Marauder and I are just standing under the Eradicator going to town and the Ops is throwing us the occasional heal when necessary. That Sorc is going off in chat.

"GET OUT OF WATER WHEN SHIELD IS UP"
"ADDS"
"KILL THE ADDS"

And the Ops goes:

"YOU KILL THE DAMN ADDS"

Eradicator dies, guy gets his loot, calls us a bunch of noobs and drops. We all have a good laugh, Ops gets out a companion and we three-man the rest of the FP.

AlrikFassbauer
09.24.2013 , 11:33 AM | #893
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
No, it's a stupid player. Has nothing whatsoever to do with being a roleplayer.
I disagree. Why ? Because of these points :

Quote: Originally Posted by Bstr View Post
he replies that he needs two hands to use his lightsaber.
he mention that he doesn't use Force powers and just lightsaber melee moves.
The first point makes no sense at all, because there are animations explicitely showing this class using 1 hand with that weapon.
The second point points towards a player playing an Assassin who doesn't have any Force at all; an "mundane assassin", so to say.

This might be extremely rare (as it doesn't make much sense anyway), but it might still be a very special way for him to play his character, imho.

Now for something different ... If you encounter characters not moving in FPs AT ALL, it might be due to this bug : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=681357
“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Bstr
09.24.2013 , 12:14 PM | #894
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
The first point makes no sense at all, because there are animations explicitely showing this class using 1 hand with that weapon.
The second point points towards a player playing an Assassin who doesn't have any Force at all; an "mundane assassin", so to say.

This might be extremely rare (as it doesn't make much sense anyway), but it might still be a very special way for him to play his character, imho.
I clarified my post earlier. My guess is that she played either KOTOR I or II: she had on multiple pieces from the Mira lore outfit. Double bladed lightsabers in KOTOR needed 2 hands to use; single bladed needed only one. Strength in KOTOR improved melee attacks; Willpower improved force attacks. I'm wondering if that was her first Flashpoint...

On a side note, I ran my Marauder the other day and had a Jugg tank wait for his Saber Ward to be up before attacking each group of mobs. After about the 5th time we asked him to go faster, the Op healer asked me to just tank it (which is not what you want to tell most Marauders .)
Bobuster: Sab. Guns. Robcase: Seer Sage Jr An'val: Def. Guard. ShepardCmd: S.S. Vang.
Bosat'ta: Bodyguard Merc. Bophia: Anni. Maurader Borbend: Med. Op.
<Republic's Hammer> <Reformation> Jung-Ma Server

AbsolutGrndZero
09.24.2013 , 10:17 PM | #895
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post

And yeah yeah, we should wait for the tank to get aggro blah blah blah ... I have a tank too and dont mind at all to use AoE taunts at trashpacks, it gives me a nice aggrocushion too since appearently the dps could achieve a higher TPS than I could if they overaggro me. Just taunt, get the threat of the DPS + a free bonus et voila.

Levelling is very easy, most of the times you can be underlevelled and undergeared for 3-4 levels with ease. You can finish your classquest at lv 46 with a little effort, as a healer its doable on lv 45 if you are good enough to heal the damage taken by your comp (my last bossfight took 15 minutes on my merchealer because my comp missed almost every attack but I kept him alive).
Yes, but we're talking not being underleveled but wearing the wrong gear... do I just suck that much at the game that if I went into combat naked (cause let's face it, that's what you are doing if you have the wrong gear, might as well not be wearing any at all) I'd did more than I do when I am underleveled?
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

AbsolutGrndZero
09.24.2013 , 10:23 PM | #896
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I disagree. Why ? Because of these points :

No, it sounds like He doesn't understand how the game works. There ARE games out there that wouldn't allow you to put anything in the 2nd slot if you are using a two-handed weapon. The double-bladed saber is a two-handed weapon. The Greatsword in Dragon Age is a two-handed weapon. In Dragon Age if you equip a greatsword, that's it. It takes up both slots. BUT, I've seen characters do some one=handed swinging for a few of their skills. It has nothing to do with being a roleplayer that someone would mistake two games by the same company as having the same restriction.

IF he really does know and understand the game mechanics here and is purposely gimping his character like this, then I even more say he's not a roleplayer, he's a stupid player. Maybe one that THINKS he's a roleplayer because of it... but definitely not a roleplayer.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

mustopak
09.25.2013 , 12:38 AM | #897
Quote: Originally Posted by fire-breath View Post
Have you checked her stance? If she was focus specced I can understand it.
1. As a focus sent its only 25% HP which makes it a really nice defensive cd. 25% to healup isnt that much (provided the incoming damage would have been higher ofc)
2. Most the time you will get all mobs opn you after the tank pulls (leap, valourus call, zen, smash, masterstrike, bladestorm) Try to tank that, there will be tanks able to hold it, but not many.
Her stance? Surprise surprise, she's a watchman sentinel in Shii-Cho Form! It's so delightful. Each time she uses that when in full HP, she's down to 50%. I also forgot to mention that in the final fight against that Prophet, she runs into the fire, got burned, uses Guarded by The Force, 4 seconds run out, and she died due to stepping on the floor AOEs. At that time I've had enough, plus being busy cleansing, healing the DoTs and supplementing DPS as a healer. Didn't bother reviving her and proceeded to 3man the Prophet cause I know if I revive her, she's just gonna do that again and it will hurt my heart soooo bad. It's like she didn't even pay attention when fights were being explained and my attempts to politely ask her to stop using that skill....

Never_Hesitate
09.25.2013 , 01:09 AM | #898
Quote: Originally Posted by mustopak View Post
Her stance? Surprise surprise, she's a watchman sentinel in Shii-Cho Form! It's so delightful. Each time she uses that when in full HP, she's down to 50%. I also forgot to mention that in the final fight against that Prophet, she runs into the fire, got burned, uses Guarded by The Force, 4 seconds run out, and she died due to stepping on the floor AOEs. At that time I've had enough, plus being busy cleansing, healing the DoTs and supplementing DPS as a healer. Didn't bother reviving her and proceeded to 3man the Prophet cause I know if I revive her, she's just gonna do that again and it will hurt my heart soooo bad. It's like she didn't even pay attention when fights were being explained and my attempts to politely ask her to stop using that skill....
Some people just don't want to listen, they deserve a well-earnd place on our ignos.
(Bad players are ok, as long as they listen to advice otherwise I'm not bothering and wasting my time on them)
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, Caphalør Sorc, Kindarya Assa, Leonië PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

SuspectDown
09.25.2013 , 09:57 AM | #899
Quote: Originally Posted by Primesghost View Post
Was running CZ Corporate Labs on SM last week to get the Weekly. I'm a well geared 55 Marauder and we have another Marauder, Sorc and Ops heals. Three of us are running through it but the Sorc...every time we come to a group of trash he's trying to give direction.

"Everybody stand over here so we can LoS"
"I can pull then LoS next group."

So on and so forth, the rest of us are pretty much ignoring him. Finally he starts getting angry and going all caps.

"DON"T ATTACK UNTIL EVERYONE HAS ASSIGNMENTS!!"

So I tell him to relax and we all point out that it's SM and we're not really even taking any damage. During the Eradicator fight he finally loses it completely. The other Marauder and I are just standing under the Eradicator going to town and the Ops is throwing us the occasional heal when necessary. That Sorc is going off in chat.

"GET OUT OF WATER WHEN SHIELD IS UP"
"ADDS"
"KILL THE ADDS"

And the Ops goes:

"YOU KILL THE DAMN ADDS"

Eradicator dies, guy gets his loot, calls us a bunch of noobs and drops. We all have a good laugh, Ops gets out a companion and we three-man the rest of the FP.
I enjoyed this post, because I remember once getting yelled at for not letting the tank tank on SM....

SM...

Also, unrelated but when you said LoS it reminded me: I recently healed a group on Cad on HM where everyone was decently geared, and for EVERY pull the tank wanted to LoS everything... The content isn't hard, this group can roll through it, and we have to LoS everything because the tank had to have things his way. Sigh.

ATAMIANM
09.25.2013 , 10:39 AM | #900
Last night ran into an oddity on Czerka Corporate labs. Could not get past the eradicator, which is usually straightforward. The healer and tank seemed fine but our group DPS was really low and we wiped twice. Turns out the other DPS was in full tank gear (all shield/defense/absorb). but acting as a DPS When I asked him whether he was a tank or DPS, he said he prefers to be a tank and then quit...seconds AFTER the other tank rage quits. Why he queued as a DPS is beyond me. So the healer and I were stuck and had to call it due to no one in GF joining.