Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Horrid FPS

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sjem
12.23.2011 , 09:04 AM | #1561
This problem is starting to be really annoying!!!

And BUMP

Unscathed
12.23.2011 , 09:06 AM | #1562
Ive noticed it seems to change on the character selection screen at times ill log in its at 30,60 or even 100-110. its rarely the same on next log in i used to have an old computer to play oblivion my gpu was good but the cpu was anciant when i was stood still i was fine but when i had to load anything in another areas or even walking forward i would lock up stutter and freeze im getting the same with this game expect this time my cpu isent outdated its not the best but it runs everything else right now. we cant compare to WoW due to the age gap is huge but like everyone else i also run it at 60+ on ultra dx11. i tryed skyrim i was using 700mb on my video card just on the loading screen and gets up to 1000+ in game. This game stays at around 300-400mb when the game is running at max i have changed affinity from 4 down to 1 i noticed no changes tells me my cpu is not working at even duel core its just using the 1 core. The most up to date drivers all the little temp fixs with shadws etc and really nothing has helped enough. gone from 1920-1080 to 800-600 and its not easy to change my resolution ether have to do it in window mode. lowred every setting to off/none the only change i get by 10 fps is shadows. So i think i can say there is nothing more i can do at this point and i have to agree with some of the other posts after the 30 days ill also be done with the game its a shame because i like it. And the people telling others to upgrade even most of the people here outdo minimum specs so they should be able to run it at low with 30 fps and the people with high end rigs REALLY should be able to but no changes at all bar the shadows. As for people who want draw distance bar that wont fix anything ether if there is no change from low to high it may fix problems to the people who do see a change when they lower there setting but wont help for the people seeing no change. ive been looking over the fourm for 4 days now and tbh im bored now. 150+ pages cant be wrong most of us are saying the exact same thing and yes ive been here since page 1 seen every page lol.

oVitalxx
12.23.2011 , 09:19 AM | #1563
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkeus View Post
You know, my laptop is supposed to be above the minimum requirements. I thought my laptop was going crazy as my games FPS fluctuate wildly lately. In some areas I am getting 60+ FPS and in others (Take Black Sun territory in Coruscant) it drops significantly to 20 FPS or below. It really makes no sense at all as it seems I should be running really consistent and smooth FPS.

I am running:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz
4 GB of memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M with a Gig of dedicated memory

Not great but not bad for a two year old or so laptop.
I'm running the same specs as you my friend. I did get a cooling pad for my laptop and it does not run around 5-10fps but it still jumps from 20 to 60 to 20 at random times

Dyasis
12.23.2011 , 09:27 AM | #1564
Quote: Originally Posted by Unscathed View Post
Ive noticed it seems to change on the character selection screen at times ill log in its at 30,60 or even 100-110. its rarely the same on next log in i used to have an old computer to play oblivion my gpu was good but the cpu was anciant when i was stood still i was fine but when i had to load anything in another areas or even walking forward i would lock up stutter and freeze im getting the same with this game expect this time my cpu isent outdated its not the best but it runs everything else right now. we cant compare to WoW due to the age gap is huge but like everyone else i also run it at 60+ on ultra dx11. i tryed skyrim i was using 700mb on my video card just on the loading screen and gets up to 1000+ in game. This game stays at around 300-400mb when the game is running at max i have changed affinity from 4 down to 1 i noticed no changes tells me my cpu is not working at even duel core its just using the 1 core. The most up to date drivers all the little temp fixs with shadws etc and really nothing has helped enough. gone from 1920-1080 to 800-600 and its not easy to change my resolution ether have to do it in window mode. lowred every setting to off/none the only change i get by 10 fps is shadows. So i think i can say there is nothing more i can do at this point and i have to agree with some of the other posts after the 30 days ill also be done with the game its a shame because i like it. And the people telling others to upgrade even most of the people here outdo minimum specs so they should be able to run it at low with 30 fps and the people with high end rigs REALLY should be able to but no changes at all bar the shadows. As for people who want draw distance bar that wont fix anything ether if there is no change from low to high it may fix problems to the people who do see a change when they lower there setting but wont help for the people seeing no change. ive been looking over the fourm for 4 days now and tbh im bored now. 150+ pages cant be wrong most of us are saying the exact same thing and yes ive been here since page 1 seen every page lol.
One word.. Paragraphs...
<DECEMBERCREW>
We put the pro in procrastinate

JovethGonzalez
12.23.2011 , 09:30 AM | #1565 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks, as N5-L1 mentioned, we are currently investigating this issue based off of the information that you have provided. Because this issue can be attributed to various factors, our team is currently investigating all possibilities. Thank you for your patience.

Carloes
12.23.2011 , 09:30 AM | #1566
This is imho the most important issue to fix in upcoming patches; performance is key, expecially in Warzones.

Phinius
12.23.2011 , 09:31 AM | #1567
try turning off shadows in video options. That did the trick for me. I saw a massive improvement

Dyasis
12.23.2011 , 09:34 AM | #1568
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks, as N5-L1 mentioned, we are currently investigating this issue based off of the information that you have provided. Because this issue can be attributed to various factors, our team is currently investigating all possibilities. Thank you for your patience.
Thanks for commenting, this is all we want from BW, to be informed. Just keep us updated on a regular basis

on a side note, I do hope the devs understand that this is a critical issue and should be one of the highest priorities as this really makes the game unplayable.
<DECEMBERCREW>
We put the pro in procrastinate

Unscathed
12.23.2011 , 09:36 AM | #1569
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyasis View Post
One word.. Paragraphs...
Yea sorry i failed english for a reson. But i just had to get the point out i dont normaly ever post on these websites.

KaoriStomp
12.23.2011 , 09:38 AM | #1570
I am too experiencing severe fps issues even though my specs are way above recommended.
Nvidia, shadows off (guess there is not a single person who plays with shadows on... game looks much worse without them).