Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Trooper CE Armor?

Sernon
12.23.2011 , 09:11 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Aisriyth View Post
So quick suggestion any chance the Imperial Trooper CE Armor(and by virtue other Social Sets like the pilot set) can be scale to the class that puts it on max armor? I have the whole set, love it and unfortunately even fully modded the armor stat is still nearly 60-70armor less then medium armor normally would be per piece at level 30.

Edit: I see no reason for it to even be moddable if the armor values to scale up properly to your armor level.
Agreed. As it stands some classes benefit more from these, there should at least be alternatives for medium or heavy armor users.

We most humbly request this, to somehow feel we got the appropriate bang for the buck, across the board.

---
Truth is far too valuable to be left out in the open. Guard it closely. Hide it well.

Aisriyth
12.23.2011 , 09:15 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Sernon View Post
Agreed. As it stands some classes benefit more from these, there should at least be alternatives for medium or heavy armor users.

We most humbly request this, to somehow feel we got the appropriate bang for the buck, across the board.

---
I am trying to do so without being obtuse and raging about it. I'd love for Bioware to make a comment on it one way or another. Get your friends to drum up support here to I'd really appreciate it!

HouseMcCune
12.23.2011 , 09:23 AM | #23
Make it scaleable to class ie light/med/heavy and allow full mods. It won't be any better than non CE armor but this who want to wear it for looks/RP can and it's a nice little bonus to the CE community. Heck do it for all the social type armor/costumes.
Look, I ain't in this for your revolution, and I'm not in it for you, Princess. I expect to be well paid. *I'm* in it for the money.

C.E. 7.21.11: First Wave, D-day -7

Aisriyth
12.25.2011 , 02:24 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by HouseMcCune View Post
Make it scaleable to class ie light/med/heavy and allow full mods. It won't be any better than non CE armor but this who want to wear it for looks/RP can and it's a nice little bonus to the CE community. Heck do it for all the social type armor/costumes.
Exactly, it provides no actually benefit outside of aesthetics, since you still spend the same type of resource as non-ce holders would have to.
Social Armor Scaled to Armor Class!
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...524#post677524

Proud CE Owner

ArchonGamer
12.26.2011 , 01:54 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconX View Post
Appearance Tabs > Orange Mod System.
I posted this from day 1 of beta that the game needed appearance tab. They had the match chest color which was some what helpful, then at the last minute just before the release they remove that function. Now myself and everyone else looks like a slob or clown. Very frustrating.

Cocles
12.30.2011 , 10:45 PM | #26
Appearance tabs, and gear that scales to class will take time, and shove such features down the development timeline.

For now, just toss up a light, medium, and heavy version of the same outfit on the appropriate social vendors and CE store. There's no reason why this couldn't be done with minimal time and resources.

I know some of you are claiming "It's social gear!" That's fine, but then it should be purely aesthetic for everyone. As it is right now, light armor wearers get to wear it as their actual armor set, which stinks for the rest of us.

Either way, I look forward to someday being a black stormtrooper armed with a lightsaber.

DigitalShield
12.30.2011 , 10:57 PM | #27
Yes the armour scales up to heavy armour with the right mods in it.
Yay yay.

Cocles
12.31.2011 , 09:32 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DigitalShield View Post
Yes the armour scales up to heavy armour with the right mods in it.
No it doesn't. I own the armor (Imperial Trooper) and bought the mods. It remains "light" as opposed to "medium" or "heavy", with substantially reduced damage reduction.

Do you really think this thread would be three pages long if it were as simple as using mods?

UnholyHamster
12.31.2011 , 09:07 PM | #29
/support

Darcor
01.02.2012 , 11:05 AM | #30
I know this is slightly necroing but I figured it's better to post in an old thread than create a new one.

So bump.

I love the CE armor look, but outside social gatherings it's almost worthless due to the armor type not scaling. When looking at my agent it's about 50% of the base value of medium armor, I'm wagering that if I compared it to my SW armor it'd be 33%.

This means, that outside SI characters, the armor is like wearing paper in combat. A total, complete and utter downgrade and, especially as a BH or SW tank, idiotic to wear.

Please either add a set of each armor type, or simply make the CE trooper armor scale to the type of armor your class/ac can wear.

Thank you.