Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Oricon (HM) 8-Man Progression Tracking - Suggestion Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Oricon (HM) 8-Man Progression Tracking - Suggestion Thread

Falver
09.20.2013 , 09:16 PM | #11
Just make the rules well established, along with the appropriate punishments.
The Harbinger
Claimed - Thirteenth - Falver
<Phobos> is recruiting to fill in multiple raid groups. Apply at http://fearphobos.com/

FlyinSpaghetti
09.20.2013 , 10:17 PM | #12
[QUOTE=SilentFury;6768033
First guilds that zone in will be 8/10 for sure and knowing Bioware the other 2 bosses will get nerfed so i predict many many guilds 10/10 first day so again what's the point of this.[/QUOTE]

First decent pugs will 8/10, all people will basically be tracking here is who got into the instance first.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Heidy
09.21.2013 , 05:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JDotter View Post
2) You expect 10+ guilds to go 10/10 on day one? Correct me wrong but only guilds I saw that tested were DnT/DILIH/Sucka/SG so clearing day one 10/10 need for second day????
We acutally tested alot, too. And i think some other guilds on other server. So...

Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
First decent pugs will 8/10, all people will basically be tracking here is who got into the instance first.
Thats correct, but i think it will be 10/10 on the first day.

Anyhow sorry for being a ******e wasn't intended just don't like when people **** on something someone does for the community when they are looking for suggestions/ways to improve the system

cheers.
Ye, thats the point. cheers.
Guildlead - Seven Stuck -
Pyhä - Sorcerer Heal || Ursel - Operative DPS
German PvE Progression

Solar_Breeze
09.21.2013 , 06:20 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by insaneric View Post
  • Two Operations - How do we want to handle them both being available at once? At least there's no boss skipping this time.
  • Verification - Screenshots going to be required, UTC clock required also or just a penalty for not providing one?
  • Deterioration - How fast do we want the points to deteriorate after the first kill? By time is better than by number of kills but do we want it to be linear or a curve (steep initially and shallow later).
  • Bonuses - For top 3 kills on any boss providing a bonus, do we want this if so how big?
  • Boss Weighting - More emphasis on later bosses or even throughout?
Treating this as if it was Nightmare tracking (so that the same discussion isn't required for that). Personally I don't really think HM is worth the effort of tracking but respect your wish to do so.

Two Operations - Count the instances separately that way if someone misses out on Fortress they can pull it back on Palace etc.. keeps the pressure up for those who have done Fortress etc..

Verification - If people want to contribute to the thread they should do the screenshots as required. Should be required (if only to make your life easier :P)

Deterioration - imo only the last boss in each instance should count with a simple list of top 10 on the other bosses. Title claims should be listed separately.

Bonuses - If going with the previous points decay over time for every single boss, don't add bonuses imo the only thing I would probs want added is week bonus if the points system was in place.

Boss Weighting - As above imo only the last boss should be counted. By design if the is a 'blocker' boss like DG NiM the guild that kills it first will most likely get to and kill the last boss first too.

Stream and Kill video release - Personally I'm happy with releasing vids as soon as the kill happens. However we saw some complaints last time where people were unhappy that certain tactics were leaked via streams / people didn't want to stream or release a vid in case this affected results (with the point decay system) . Might want to consider some 'rules' as to this if we don't want a repeat of the problem.
Emrys - Red Eclipse
Spoiler

Lacedemon
09.22.2013 , 12:06 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Heidy View Post
Well, i dont think so. They wont get "nerfed"
The bosses have been quite noticeably nerfed on the last build of PTS I saw; many mechanics that were a challenge are now a joke.
Lacedaemon - Juggernaut
The Red Eclipse EU - GM of Drop it like it's Hoth - http://dilih.eu/
World First TFB and S&V NiM Clear
RWZ Rating: Ranked died on my server

Leylea
09.24.2013 , 11:46 AM | #16
Ofc this is HM, and i think everyone is aware that this is more a kind of raidrace than a real 'content-progression'. But this is no reason to not track the kills and having fun of this 'fast-food' competition. Besides that, its all about keeping the pve-community alive while waiting for the next nightmare modes.
So thumbs up for the work spend here!

But btt, this are just my personal opinions:
Verification - Kill-Screenshots with UTC clock are the best way to verify. But if u just miss the shot, there should be the option to take a screenshot of ur achievments with the UTC clock (perhaps just right after the kills) without any penalty.
Two Operations - If there are no mechanics introduced in which order to clear the operations (i personally think they will be some sort of requirement to enter palace) i propose to count the 2 operations as one content (oricon HM).
Deterioration - This is the most difficult part, especially in regards to the 'two operation' question. I wouldnt spent too much work in that. All what is to be ensured is that the points for two guilds starting at the same time in two different ops and clearing it in the same time shouldnt differ to much (depending on how much guilds are going in this or that ops).
Bonuses - not needed.
Boss Weighting - If u wanna weight, just a bonus on the endboss.

insaneric
09.24.2013 , 02:51 PM | #17
Made a Prototype
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...bF9mcXc#gid=14
It currently using some of the times from S&V NiM to show how the points will total.

A few features to note:
- Verification required (you'll be listed but receive 0 points without it)
- Bosses grant a max of 500 points, 800 for final bosses as an extra incentive to finish one instance before starting the other.
- No bonuses for 1st, 2nd and 3rd on boss kills
- Either instance can be started first (or at any point), however the bosses in Fortress lose their value faster after the first kill encouraging guilds to clear this instance first.

If there's any issues you want to raise or anything feel should be changed, now is the last chance to speak. I'll be making the final version and thread on Friday.
Darkness Tank Assassin Madness DPS
The Fuyri Legacy

Solar_Breeze
09.24.2013 , 03:41 PM | #18
Made a Prototype
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...bF9mcXc#gid=14
It currently using some of the times from S&V NiM to show how the points will total.

A few features to note:
- Verification required (you'll be listed but receive 0 points without it)
- Bosses grant a max of 500 points, 800 for final bosses as an extra incentive to finish one instance before starting the other.
- No bonuses for 1st, 2nd and 3rd on boss kills
- Either instance can be started first (or at any point), however the bosses in Fortress lose their value faster after the first kill encouraging guilds to clear this instance first.

If there's any issues you want to raise or anything feel should be changed, now is the last chance to speak. I'll be making the final version and thread on Friday.
I would still say treat them separately with the same rules (no different degredation etc) but your choice
Emrys - Red Eclipse
Spoiler

e_nk_ay
09.24.2013 , 04:00 PM | #19
1)
I'm sure we will track SM then again DnT won't be tracking considering just the last tier someone had their goldfish died and you all dropped out.
Wait, you think we didn't participate in the SnV progression thread because we didn't raid a full night the first day and dropped out? We said from the get-go we weren't participating in that particular thread, and Ansalem posted at his own behest with the single solitary update.

If you're concerned with our ranking however I am sure you can find the original post on www.dtguilds.com. Think it fell 3rd or 4th according to the Google doc. Let's not derail this thread though, it's for suggestions for those that want to participate.

Thanks for putting this together, maybe we'll participate in NiM mode but no interest in HM. Fingers crossed for an API/armory type system.
<Death and Taxes>
Enkay - 55 Juggernaut, GM
Enque - 55 Mercenary Nkay - 55 Marauder Enkaye - 55 Assassin Enkayy - 55 Commando

Leylea
09.24.2013 , 06:15 PM | #20
Can u explain, why u wanna encourage guilds going Fortress first?
I dont see any reason for this point. If u wanna go this way, u could just require clearing Fortress to be tracked for palace. In my opinion this point will lead to too much tactical argy-bargy.