Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

the modification of weapons.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
the modification of weapons.

NOTACTICS
09.19.2013 , 04:51 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by EranofArcadia View Post
The impression I have gotten is that any orange piece of equipment has exactly 0 base stats, and as long as you keep the mods updated you can use the same piece from 1 to 55 and it will be about as good as green/blue equipment of that same level? And then is it mostly mods that drop in endgame content?
Yes that is the gereral idea you can keep an adaptive/custom gear set so keeping the look you like right till level 55 if you wish by upgrading mods. Custom is often better than standard blue of same level if you have good mods once you reach a certian level stage, early on there is not much difference between blue and custom of same level.

I think though that the very best amourings and mods will NOT make you equal to the very best set gear at end game, you only get that from the set bonus gear that drops in Hard mode and Knightmare mode lvl 55 ops as far as I am aware.

NOTACTICS
09.19.2013 , 04:57 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Azaedia View Post
Just curious. Do all lightsabers (all upgrades removed) have the same base damage?
No all custom weapons even without mods have some base min to max damage rating and will usually have a varying tech power bonus depending on level of item even without any mods, so do not all start out equal in the base damage range. Same with guns, although these small differences are not that noticable real terms

Azaedia
09.19.2013 , 05:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by NOTACTICS View Post
No all custom weapons even without mods have some base min to max damage rating and will usually have a varying tech power bonus depending on level of item even without any mods, so do not all start out equal in the base damage range. Same with guns, although these small differences are not that noticable real terms
so some light sabers do differ in damage even with the same mods.

Azaedia
09.19.2013 , 05:42 PM | #14
*upgrades not mods.

NOTACTICS
09.20.2013 , 01:17 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Azaedia View Post
so some light sabers do differ in damage even with the same mods.
Yeah that proves my point the differnce would be its difference base damage min to max range without any mods inserted, like I say the base tech or force power ratings vary depending on level of weapon item on a custom peice without any mods when you buy it also.

Azaedia
09.20.2013 , 02:11 AM | #16
Yeah that proves my point the differnce would be its difference base damage min to max range without any mods inserted, like I say the base tech or force power ratings vary depending on level of weapon item on a custom peice without any mods when you buy it also.
thanks. i apreciate the help.

splatzkill
10.31.2013 , 09:05 PM | #17
i found this old thread while trying to understand customizable items.
would this apply for armor as well?
different level gear = different armor rating?

Loc_n_lol
11.01.2013 , 12:31 AM | #18
The level of the armoring / barrel / hilt determines the amount of armor / weapon damage.
So let's say you have two different pieces of heavy armor, and you slot them both with the same armoring (let's say a might armoring 25, rating 140), they will give you the same amount of armor. Of course a piece of medium armor would give you less armor with the same armoring.

There's really no difference between moddable weapons and armors of the same type. Some items have a higher level requirement, even without mods, but that does not make them better once you mod them. You can perfectly use an armor and weapon you obtained at level 10 until end game and not be any weaker for it, if you properly upgrade them.

So whenever you find some moddable armor or weapons with better stats than your current gear, but you don't like how they look, rip out the mods and put them in your favourite gear to keep it up to date.

georgemattson
11.02.2013 , 12:21 PM | #19
All classes at the end of the story quest on the home planet get their own ship...
Actually, that's not true. There's at least one class that does get their own ship until later into the class quest on the 2nd planet.

Quote: Originally Posted by Loc_n_lol View Post
There's really no difference between moddable weapons and armors of the same type. Some items have a higher level requirement, even without mods, but that does not make them better once you mod them. You can perfectly use an armor and weapon you obtained at level 10 until end game and not be any weaker for it, if you properly upgrade them...
Okay, I'm confused... the two of you seem to be contradicting each other. I'm going to have to take a look when I get home (at work atm), but I could have sworn I've seen orange items at level 15 that were identical to level 54 orange items. Of course, I'm old, blind, and not very good at this game so I'm guessing I probably missed something painfully obvious.

After googling this and looking at these two links:
http://www.torhead.com/item/gllE52b/...ilt-lightsaber
http://www.torhead.com/item/b2xmy1m/...ied-lightsaber

...I'm thinking I need to really look closely at what I'm equipped with.

Loc_n_lol
11.02.2013 , 12:33 PM | #20
Intersting links you got there. Maybe it's from an older version of the game, or just a mistake.
Unslotted these items are both rating 8, dealing 26-38 energy damage.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ightsabers.png

But even if you can find an item with a higher rating than 8, once you put a barrel/hilt/armoring inside, the item's rating and damage/armor will follow that of the mod, so it won't be better than any othe item with the same mod.