Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

iphone Autenticator Users Beware!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
iphone Autenticator Users Beware!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alaskangeek
09.19.2013 , 12:38 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kurin View Post
Ok, I got mine working again. Here's what I did:

#1 remove the app from my iphone and re-install it.
#2 call customer support
#3 use the website to attempt to log in, but tell the website that I lost my security key (removing it from my account)
#4 ask customer support to verbally tell me my 1 time password, because the email I should get from bioware is MIA
#5 click add security key to my account
#6 ask customer support to verbally tell me my 1 time password again (for adding security key).
#7 enter that password into the website
#8 enter the security code and 20 digit serial number into the iphone app

It works now. Due to the email not coming to me (kick the hamster again, BW), there really wasn't a self-service answer.
This worked for me as well, except I didn't have to call Customer service, just right from the website when logging in you can remove the security key by a one time password e-mailed to you.
Then re-add it.

morfius
09.19.2013 , 12:47 AM | #22
All smartphone/tablet users have to be warned - changing your OS/OS version is like changing your phone for purpose of authentication.
So before upgrade your OS (use cooked roms on Android & so on) just check what is written on authenticator page for changing device - and follow steps there.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

Rafleon
09.19.2013 , 03:36 AM | #23
Yeah friend of mine upgraded to IOS7 before detaching the iPhone. I really hope Bioware is going to fix this today. We were supposed to raid tonight...

Holyexecutor
09.19.2013 , 03:48 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Alaskangeek View Post
This worked for me as well, except I didn't have to call Customer service, just right from the website when logging in you can remove the security key by a one time password e-mailed to you.
Then re-add it.
Same here - I removed the old security key (received one time password), and installed new key

MrBuzKiLingTon
09.19.2013 , 10:47 AM | #25
LOL this happen with every major iOS update should be almost fully known by now.
<INTREPID>
The Fail Legacy

Phillip_BW
09.19.2013 , 02:46 PM | #26 This is the last staff post in this thread.  

Apologies for not getting this posted sooner - we have verified that there is no 'fix' for the application that will allow for the Security Key to continue working through an upgrade to iOS version 7. The application itself does work in iOS7 (tested back in June on the developer beta Apple provided), however something inside the upgrade breaks the keystore being used internally within the phone. Any technical fix would take a longer time to get released (probably weeks), and by then the vast majority of Apple iPhone customers will have already upgraded. Not the best place to be, but that is where we are.

Below is a list of steps you can use to get your Security Key working again if you do upgrade.

If you already upgraded and currently have a broken Security Key application:
  • Upgrade to iOS version 7
  • Uninstall/Delete the SWTOR SK application
  • (Re)Install the SWTOR SK application again
  • Visit swtor.com
  • Do not enter a Security Key Code while logging in - this will show you the page with the link on for the 'Lost your Security Key?' process - follow the process for de-registering your Security Key
  • This will involve reading an email sent to your verified email address which will let you move on to being able to register a Mobile Security Key once again
  • Visit your account page on swtor.com and register the Security Key once more using the registration process

If you are reading this before upgrading:
  • Before upgrading iOS to version 7, visit your account page on swtor.com and disassociate the Security Key
  • This will involve reading an email sent to your verified email address which will let you move on to being able to register a Mobile Security Key once again
  • Upgrade to iOS version 7
  • Uninstall/Delete the SWTOR SK application
  • (Re)Install the SWTOR SK application again
  • Visit your account page on swtor.com and register the Security Key once more using the registration process

If you do get stuck on the steps above, you can call our customer service team who can help, however please do try to use the website processes first as they are there to help you get back to logging in as quickly as possible without having to make a phone call.

Phillip Holmes
SWTOR Head of Security

OmenQ
09.19.2013 , 03:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafleon View Post
Yeah friend of mine upgraded to IOS7 before detaching the iPhone. I really hope Bioware is going to fix this today. We were supposed to raid tonight...
What's there to fix? There's a process in place to remove the app and key from your account and re-add it. See Phillip's post just a bit below yours, or This post, which is a longer and more detailed version of what I said to do on the first page. (Details much appreciated, btw)
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>

BeerBellyBert
09.22.2013 , 03:02 AM | #28
Where do I find the Serial number that my app is now asking for? I don't see the information button on my device only a cancel or OK one (the keyboard is not onscreen)

merovejec
09.22.2013 , 07:46 AM | #29
Hi,

I have the same problem, but I CANNOT log into my account since I dont have the security key!! When I click the "Lost security key" then I am just redirected to the contacts webpage and, to my surprise, none of the phone numbers work!! Its crazy I cannot call any of those and I tried many ways.

Really need help!!

funkiestj
09.25.2013 , 03:11 PM | #30
I read this post before starting the iOS upgrade.

My problem now is that the iphone "swtor sk" app crashes (or exits) as soon as I open it. Of course I checked to make sure it is up to date. My phone is an iphone 4s.

Correction, it is not crashing or exiting -- when ever I select the running swtor sk app I am kicked back to the desktop (or what ever it is called).

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?