Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is it worth it to follow the what your character is designed to be best at?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Is it worth it to follow the what your character is designed to be best at?

xMuninn
09.16.2013 , 11:19 AM | #1
is it worth it to follow the designs of your crew Through +Criticals on Crew, or + Efficiency ?

psandak
09.16.2013 , 09:31 PM | #2
By the numbers...yes.

If you focus your character crew skills based on the crit chance that the companions have you will have a better chance at getting more materials from missions and extras from crafting item modifications.

Efficiency just cuts down on the time it takes to run a mission or craft. Efficiency like the Alacrity rating stat is not necessarily desirable.

That being said, of five characters at max, I have three that are more "optimized" (companion crit chance in one or two of the three skills) than the other two and honestly I do not see the difference. But then again I have not tracked every mission run and every item I craft.

Naelidaan
09.17.2013 , 01:00 AM | #3
It can be, depending on the bonus and the crafting skill. As Psandak said, +crit is the only really worthwhile bonus. And in turn, it gives the most benefit to craft skills that have a chance to make extra items when you crit, like the ones that create mods, augmentation kits, etc.

All that said, I've only really seen a noticeable difference with the +5% crit companions myself.

ScarletBlaze
09.17.2013 , 01:51 AM | #4
don't forget if you have the repair droid a sensor can be brought for the protocol droid for the specific crafting skill you have and equipped to the protocol droid as well.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Mmurph
09.17.2013 , 08:00 AM | #5
Also, high affection helps with crits and efficiency as well.