Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.


Projawa's Avatar


Projawa
09.16.2013 , 11:51 AM | #841
I haven't had any unusual, funny, cringeworthy, etc experiences in group finder even after doing them almost every day since the LFG tool went live. Most of my runs are pretty smooth and uneventful. Sometimes the tank/healer is new and doesn't know what to do like cleansing the laser on the first Hammer Station boss but a quick explanation fixes that right away. Aside from some disconnects I guess I've just been lucky.

I remember when I walked into Deadmines for the first time in vanilla WoW which was my first dungeon in my first MMO. I kept taking everything from the chests even when people said "everybody roll". Eventually one of the folks whispered me asking why I wasn't rolling and I replied "what's roll? I don't believe I have a roll attack" lol. He explained that you just type /roll to decide who gets what and that was my first lesson in group play

AdrianDmitruk's Avatar


AdrianDmitruk
09.16.2013 , 12:32 PM | #842
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Um yeah... POWER and Alacrity... not Crit... Power makes your healing over all higher, crit only makes you more likely to Crit... I'm sure you can see why Power is better. Then the alacrity is good because that allows them to take less time channeling their healing. So, next time you see a sage geared like that, tel them POWER and alacrity, not crit and Alacrity.
You should realize that the default 69s itemization for sorcs is utter ***** and loaded with crit.

They can only get power from belt/bracers, and either the mainhand or offhand (don't remember which off the top of my head, I'm not in game right now). And maybe a couple implants.

To get either power/alacrity or power/surge (again, not sure which of the 2) enhancements, they HAVE to go to the sith warrior vendor and buy strength leggings just for the enhancement. And even the power mods from the belt/bracers are the high endurance ones.

Most of the drops I've gotten in HM FPs are crit as well.

So a relatively freshly dinged 55 sorc is almost guaranteed to be shoehorned into ***** itemization. I'm lucky I PVPed for a long time before going back into PVE--the 2 pieces of conqueror I retain for having at least 1 set bonus also go a long way towards keeping my itemization reasonable in an environment where it's almost impossible to do in straight PVE gear. It's possible for inexperienced (but not necessarily terribad) sorcs to not even be aware of the glaring itemization issues we face, and even if they are aware it will take them forever and a day to do anything about it. Yeah I can understand having to grind for the min-maxed mods and enhancements a bit (i.e. stock gear comes with high endurance mods and such) but geez, not even having an important stat like power reasonably AVAILABLE to us is a huge stealth nerf to sorcs.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

SuspectDown's Avatar


SuspectDown
09.16.2013 , 02:03 PM | #843
Quote: Originally Posted by Projawa View Post
I haven't had any unusual, funny, cringeworthy, etc experiences in group finder even after doing them almost every day since the LFG tool went live. Most of my runs are pretty smooth and uneventful. Sometimes the tank/healer is new and doesn't know what to do like cleansing the laser on the first Hammer Station boss but a quick explanation fixes that right away. Aside from some disconnects I guess I've just been lucky
You don't happen to be talking about something that just happened last week, do ya lol.

Projawa's Avatar


Projawa
09.16.2013 , 02:33 PM | #844
Quote: Originally Posted by SuspectDown View Post
You don't happen to be talking about something that just happened last week, do ya lol.
Nah, from what I've seen this probably happens pretty often

Bilirubin's Avatar


Bilirubin
09.16.2013 , 02:37 PM | #845
brb butter
Cyannin Level 55 Shadow | Rubinin Level 50 Gunslinger | Mikuri Level 55 Sentinel | Vertatin Level 47 Commando | PURgE
Scartina Level 17 Marauder
The Bastion

SuspectDown's Avatar


SuspectDown
09.16.2013 , 02:40 PM | #846
Quote: Originally Posted by Projawa View Post
Nah, from what I've seen this probably happens pretty often
Yeah, had an embarrassing moment myself. Not that it's a correlation with actual skill, but 3,200 willpower sorc unable to keep group from wiping... Then someone told me about the cleanse and light bulb lol. So weird that that specific FP I had never done before as a healer. It just goes to show though, geared or not, proper mechanics mean everything.

Lord_of_Mu's Avatar


Lord_of_Mu
09.16.2013 , 03:26 PM | #847
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Um yeah... POWER and Alacrity... not Crit... Power makes your healing over all higher, crit only makes you more likely to Crit... I'm sure you can see why Power is better. Then the alacrity is good because that allows them to take less time channeling their healing. So, next time you see a sage geared like that, tel them POWER and alacrity, not crit and Alacrity.
That's pretty much what I thought.

As to the matter of securing the proper stats, I just drop down to 66 mods and craft what I need rather than sporting crap 69 mods. I found it amusing that the itemization for the elite gear is so poor you almost want to avoid getting any of the gear because it's loaded with endurance and other less useful stats.

Eillack's Avatar


Eillack
09.16.2013 , 04:16 PM | #848
Quote: Originally Posted by Bilirubin View Post
brb butter
I see what you did there...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

ATAMIANM's Avatar


ATAMIANM
09.16.2013 , 05:19 PM | #849
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_of_Mu View Post
That's pretty much what I thought.

As to the matter of securing the proper stats, I just drop down to 66 mods and craft what I need rather than sporting crap 69 mods. I found it amusing that the itemization for the elite gear is so poor you almost want to avoid getting any of the gear because it's loaded with endurance and other less useful stats.
The other night my assassin got the first Arkanian DPS helmet piece. I was horrified it had worse stats (crit and endurance heavy) than my current piece, which was Black Market, but modified with power heavy mods. I ended up taking the Arkanian survivor helmet which at least was useful for my assassin for when it is a tank.
_________________________________
Axillia- Sith Assassin LVL 55 Asajjia- Sith Marauder LVL 55 Sikhret- Imperial Agent LVL 55Akhenatan Jedi Guardian Lvl 53 --THE HARBINGER--

AbsolutGrndZero's Avatar


AbsolutGrndZero
09.16.2013 , 06:52 PM | #850
Quote: Originally Posted by sithBracer View Post
The amount of extra healing you get from more power is actually not that much (I tested it out with a relic-for 350 extra power I got around 150-180 extra healing for a dark infusion and 40-60 extra per tick on innervate).

The nasty DR for crit is around 27-28 before agent/smuggler buff (not sure if the curve includes wp as part of its calculation, if it doesn't it should be a bit higher), so for a sage who uses procs (the special ability of the crits on innervate) properly, stacking a bit of crit is actually a good thing to do, but not recommended to people that don't use them. From what it sounds like he wasn't using them properly so power would have been a better option for him, but probably would not help the situation.

And the cookie cutter is to stack power and surge, alacrity no more than 300, and crit no more than 25 (most keep it around 20-22) before buff.
Ah, yeah that's true. Just generally I have always been told to go with power and alacrity then surge and crit and doing so I've only had trouble healing when the tank can't keep aggro so I have to heal myself instead of him.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain