Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Docmal
09.03.2013 , 04:51 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by oleost View Post
Awesome software, but some times I see difference in DPS results between this and Torparser/Mox ?

One thing that would be awesome, but dunno if its possible is to have groups inside the same Raid group?
Like our guild is using 1 Raid group, it would be nice if it could arrange so people doing 1 operation doesnt get mixed up with other people doing a flashpoint or another operation
The difference is most likely the way PARSEC designates the combat end event. Since the Combat End Event is many times printed in the log file out of order with the killing blows of a fight PARSEC opens a window to capture combat for 1 second after a combat end event is found. This results in more accurate results more often.

As for groups inside raid groups, the intent of the design was that raiders can create as many groups as they need to support their activities. I envisioned guilds having several Raid Groups that they can use and they all can share a password. For example you could create MyGuild 1, MyGuild 2 both with passwords GuildPass.
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

Solidslush
09.05.2013 , 09:50 AM | #82
My raid group has been using this for a week or so, here some of our thoughts.

First, we like bars; they are purdy...can we get bars? Second, special characters are not handled very well and result in an WingDing character or something.

An issue that I have run into is sometimes overlays will adjust themselves in terms of size. I am noticing this most only with HPS. Like it doesn't remember from fight to fight what the magnification was set to, or just erroneously re-sizes the available frame.

While I don't have a solution for dealing with bandwidth or other problems that would arise, but I miss the implementation of having full raid data within the client, i think it was swMONITOR that did it. To parrot what others have said, I'd like to be able to drill down on raid member's abilities to find out anything that's going wrong; preferably without having to upload it TorParse. I understand that passing off only the "numbers" keeps your bandwidth down and makes the updates faster -- so I don't have any suggestions towards this end.

Overall, we like the ease of use and simple setup. We especially like the stability of it -- having it not crash is awesome!
░▒▓▓█]█║█╠╬╬╬╣█░║۞║░█╠╬╬╬╣[][█▓▓▒░
Anacora Assassin

SoyChulo
09.05.2013 , 10:45 PM | #83
Why do the logs from a night of raiding disappear from the dropdown menu?

I'd like to review them. They wipe before I can.
<E> Guild - Progression raiding
Fun, casual or hard-core, players feel free to apply

Synavix
09.06.2013 , 12:10 AM | #84
Nothing really big to add, just wanted to pop in and say I'm loving the work you've put into this. As someone who often views parsers as a necessary evil, I actually enjoy this one. The whole thing is extremely simple to use, and I'd recommend it to anyone. The fact that the overlay tabs actually remains as an overlay after tabbing out is just a huge bonus for me, since it was one of the most annoying things about MoX and ToRParse when they'd fall to the background any time I wanted to look up something else.

WizardJP
09.11.2013 , 12:14 PM | #85
As a guild we've joined the parsec gang, really liking the software so far.

One thing we'd really like to see alongside the individual fight break down is an overall raid stats page also. It wouldn't necessarily need to be as detailed as the individual fight break downs, perhaps just simply the information already displayed on the raid tab (ie Overall DPS, HPS, TPS etc for the entire session).

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, I haven't been through the entire thread. If this is already in there somewhere and we've just missed it then please feel free to point the way
Lenvaren - Guild Leader (Not by choice! ) - United Kingdoms

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/p...lenvaren-1.jpg

Shandellon
09.11.2013 , 01:56 PM | #86
Despite one of previous patches was suppoed to fix this, it still does reset during operation when scoundrels steath to throw a Shoot First. Apart from this, working great
Cyntia - Sage Hp - Gunsliger Dps
<Not Good Enough>/<FriendlyFire> @ ToFN

tahoeWolverine
09.11.2013 , 02:33 PM | #87
<Chosen> has officially picked this up! We're liking it for the most part .

A few comments:
- Still seeing issues with stealth classes, especially with their own views.
- Several fights show the DPS/TPS/HPS numbers continually going down. This has the unfortunate side effect of having it appear like raiders are under-performing when they may be doing just fine.
- A lot of times I see that my main 'raid' tab has become blank (usually 1 player in the group with all 0's) and I go to the drop down to try and go back to the last fight. When I do so, all I see is current fight at the bottom and the fight before the last fight 2nd to bottom. It is as if the parser considers us still to be in the 'current fight' but for some reason the stats have been blanked. It's possible that this was caused by players logging into alts without leaving parsec or switching instances/planets, not sure.
- When a player leaves the parser, their stats leave with them. This makes it difficult for officers to analyze the performance of the raid at their convenience. MoX provides this online, but I see no reason why the client couldn't just hold on to the raid numbers for later.
- It would be great to have the fight selection drop down able to just say the boss name that we're on like Torparse does...many fights have 10-20 different enemies in them and the boss isn't even listed first in many cases

Thanks for you hard work!
DrGordon - Chosen - Prophecy of the Five

Docmal
09.11.2013 , 03:54 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Shandellon View Post
Despite one of previous patches was suppoed to fix this, it still does reset during operation when scoundrels steath to throw a Shoot First. Apart from this, working great
I just logged on and tested this via my scoundrel and the ship dummy. The issue your scoundrels are seeing is most likely that their dot ticks while they are out of combat from the stealth Disappearing act. This tick throws an enter combat event, then another exit combat event occurs which resets the fight. I will look into a fix.
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

Zomise
09.12.2013 , 09:52 AM | #89
Could we get a combined dmg/dps and healing/hps/ehps to the pop outs? (Also the the raid tab. This is a great parser and this is a minor thing, but we do miss it to see the total in one glance.)
Sossamon Juggernaut | Schadelich Mercenary | Zomise Sorcerer | Engladottir Operative
Heresy Gaming Community

FridgeLM
09.16.2013 , 06:39 PM | #90
I'd switch to this from MOX if I could figure out how to make it display properly (using window capture) in OBS while I'm streaming. If anyone knows, I'd love to hear how.
<Death and Taxes>