Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Join the Battle Now and Get Rewarded!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Join the Battle Now and Get Rewarded!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Caddax
09.16.2013 , 04:04 PM | #101
I pre-ordered and got 100 cartel coins when it went free. Only reason I know is because the day before I noticed I needed 1 cartel coin to buy speeder level 2. I was going to wait for the stipend but even that seemed to have come about 5 days early.

Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
A positive spin on this development is that they actually seem to want subs now. Maybe, just maybe, it will lead to good things.
Unless they need the subs or they have to close the game which makes me glad I am on my last character storyline just in case.
Everyone expects the Sith Inquisition.

AbsolutGrndZero
09.16.2013 , 09:52 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Caddax View Post
I pre-ordered and got 100 cartel coins when it went free. Only reason I know is because the day before I noticed I needed 1 cartel coin to buy speeder level 2. I was going to wait for the stipend but even that seemed to have come about 5 days early.

Unless they need the subs or they have to close the game which makes me glad I am on my last character storyline just in case.
Yes, they need the subs or they have to close the game. That's how it is for every MMO and how it will be for every MMO forever. Subs pay for the game.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Xedis
09.17.2013 , 07:33 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Manweth View Post
The 1050 CC was not a bonus, it was a store credit refund for last 30 day purchasers..

This 500 just for reactivation makes ZERO sense. Well, yes, it's an INCENTIVE for old subs, but it's also a bit like saying "You shoulda gone f2p and came back now instead of subbing all the time." Weird. So it's very understandable for old subs to be invited back, but...

I mean, does it make any sense for the current subscribers? Hell no.

I subbed since launch for god's sake, and so far, only bonus I've seen is an extra 30 days they granted back in Feb 2012 or something. Aside from that, it's been "shaft the subber, stroke the freebie" all the way.

Would I unsub? No, coz I love this game and it's currently best all around MMO on the market, but sure as hell not happy to get whipped all the time.

Bioware's dear community managers, take notice of this fact:

We of those who supported and understood the 1050 CC refund and old buyers of RotHC not getting anything, ARE getting angry over this.

That should show your marketing department that this latest 500 bonus to resubbing players is a BAD BAD move.

Real bad. Like, totally, really bad.
This is about how I feel about this. Once you piss off enough of your long term players, they will leave though, and then where will we be.

Thanks for Title though I guess.

DarthChosen
09.17.2013 , 08:20 AM | #104
Great commercial, trying to reel in new subscribers (non gamers) by using a Live commercial is smart marketing. Worked for the COD franchise.

For anyone upset about the free xpac with a new subscription is just silly. The xpac is 6 months old was only $9.99 for suscribers and does not feature enough content to warrant more than the initial cost amount. Let alone being free now. Also could it be that they are ramping up for a new mini xpac or full blown xpac in the future hence the marketing to get subscribers. The game will not die at least not until they have milked every last dollar out of it. Worse MMOs have survived and are still alive to date. This game will be around at least until another Star Wars MMO comes about.
"Good tactics can save even the worst strategy. Bad tactics will destroy even the best strategy."-General George S. Patton, Jr.

xeraphyne
09.17.2013 , 11:32 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenHornet View Post
Why would you? Seriously?

If you pre-ordered RotHC you got a Markrin Seedling pet, a Scourge of the Hutts title, a Dr Oggrurobb statue so you can train your skills anywhere you like, all on every character you make now and in the future.
I didn't preorder and got these items. Pre-order only got you early access.

wowmiscott
09.17.2013 , 02:02 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Why not? They own the copyright.

My granddaughter does the same thing. She makes a drawing.. then prints copies.. then uses crayons to skin the finished version of her art. Clever. Patrick Nagel does it with his lithos of his original art too. Nagel is clever too.
So are you saying the devs at BioWare are at the same level of creativity and design as a child? Sounds accurate to me.

well
09.17.2013 , 08:05 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Awesome trailer!

And as for everyone else, quit complaining? The discussion forums alone are worth 8.99 a month.
So your complaining about everyone complaining?The forums worth 8.99 a month?Ok...this is where I back away slowly...If is to you more power to you.It isn't to me.That said getting to craft 156 gear is.Also the 140 for comms.

yoshua
09.18.2013 , 09:28 AM | #108
So for being a loyal subscriber I get:

No Cartel Coins for my pre purchase of RoTHC
No Bonus coins that returning subs are getting.

Unclear if we get the pet/speeder?

Ok, so you would think they would want to keep their subscribers happy but they are doing the same thing SOE did with Starwas Galaxies. Alienating their current player base in hopes of attracting a new source of income from players who already left the game because they didn't want to pay for it in the first place?

Reality of this situation is almost laughable. Players pay 15$ to come back and sub for a month and then let it lapse again because they only did it for the fluff. While the alienated loyal customers are now seeing the benefit for only subscribing when the fluff happens.

I don't know who your marketing genius's are, but I would 'advise' them to give any of the fluff gifts you are giving to returning players to your loyal subscribers, because the lack of interest you show in your loyal subscribers is disturbing.

Yes I enjoy the content updates (when they happen) no, I do not benefit from your gambling packs, Yes I enjoy the bug fixes.

However all of your fluff subscribers are getting what I am getting, only they stop paying for it one month later.
Yoshua Acero
Pre-Cu Bria Vet - Master Doc/Master swords

Paid 15$ at Gamestop for my CE!

milsvaard
09.18.2013 , 10:02 AM | #109
So, we payed for the expansion, something that's given for free now and all we get is a title? is this a joke? How does this make sense?

I don't know who comes up with these things but that person doesn't understand how to maintain their costumer base happy. It doesn't make sense to sacrifice or insult your current subscribers who have proven to be loyal, just to take a chance on gaining some new players, who you don't know if they'll stick around like we subs do.

it's surprising that a company like Bioware/EA employs people who are this clueless. When you give away an expansion for free and don't reward subs who had to pay for it, why would they buy the next expansion? why not wait until it's given away for free and then get it then?

If all you're going to give subs is a "title" which is meaningless and doesn't improve your experience of the game, it's better not to give us anything. it's insulting.

I'm embarrased to wear the title on my toon, makes me look like an idiot, a moron who payed money for the expansion instead of getting it for free.

Mededvi
09.18.2013 , 02:05 PM | #110
Previous Subscribers: To qualify for the Previous Subscriber in-game item rewards, the JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid Mini-Pet, the JA-3 Subversive Speeder, and 500 Bonus Cartel Coins, your subscription must have been continually inactive since June 14, 2013.*

What if someone's subscription expired AFTER June 14th. Lets say a player subscription expired September 6th and they decided to subscribe again during this promo event. Does this mean that they will be ineligible for the items simply because their subscription expiration date was just shy of June 14th? Surely I cannot be the only one facing such a predicament. I would very much appreciate some clarification on this, as I would hate to be screwed over simply because of barely missing the date.