Scheduled Maintenance: September 17th, 2013 [Patch Notes]

AmberGreen

• Dev Post

On September 17th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable while we perform maintenance. Game Update 2.3.3 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday September 17th, 2013

Duration: 5 hours

Time: 3AM PDT (10AM UTC) - 8AM PDT (3PM UTC)

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Edited by AmberGreen

So...

- back to Tuesdays, ok let's keep it regular (high fibre intake helps)

- the reason for the early start to bounty week is now clear

- relatively minor niggle - since you were obviously planning this a week or more ago (evidenced by early start to bounty week) it would have been nice to give at least 24 hours notice

•The CorSec Electrobaton has been removed from the Collections Window to be included again when the weapon is added.

Heh.. glad I cloned one on my character while I had the chance.

I wonder when they are "officially" releasing this baby into the CM.

Edited by Andryah

I know this has been said over and over again, but these times are really *the worst* times for servers to be down for APAC players. My guild in particular has a TFB HM progress run planned for tonight which we were hoping to sneak in before weekly reset.

3am PDT = 8pm Sydney time, prime time for gaming in Australia / Asia region. If you simply shifted the maintenance to 6am PDT (11pm Sydney time) APAC players would love you a little bit more and we'd actually be able to get some stuff done on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Not sure what time this is in Europe, but surely server updates could be staggered to suit timezones for simple maintenance patches??

So...

- back to Tuesdays, ok let's keep it regular (high fibre intake helps)

- the reason for the early start to bounty week is now clear

- relatively minor niggle - since you were obviously planning this a week or more ago (evidenced by early start to bounty week) it would have been nice to give at least 24 hours notice

Gree/BH always went live on servers 3am, even the Makeb launch.

The CorSec Electrobaton has been removed from the Collections Window to be included again when the weapon is added.

OI! No fair, I have it in my Collection! Plus I have one to sell :D

Can you clarify whether this will require players who already have it (after its release on Harbinger) to reobtain the item when it is next added to Collections? Presumably Collections will be able to detect my bound electrobaton and add it?

Glad I didn't throw it away!

I know this has been said over and over again, but these times are really *the worst* times for servers to be down for APAC players. My guild in particular has a TFB HM progress run planned for tonight which we were hoping to sneak in before weekly reset.

3am PDT = 8pm Sydney time, prime time for gaming in Australia / Asia region. If you simply shifted the maintenance to 6am PDT (11pm Sydney time) APAC players would love you a little bit more and we'd actually be able to get some stuff done on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

Not sure what time this is in Europe, but surely server updates could be staggered to suit timezones for simple maintenance patches??

in europe it would be 4 pm till 9pm

london would be 3 pm till 8 pm

Moscow would be 8 pm till 1 am

so more people would lose the game on primetime, and because bioware decided not to regiolock the game its not possible to stager maintenance

Again? Such a small patch, why this changes cant wait till 2.4 ?

Making a game unavailable for a half of day in best time for play just to add another cartel market pack???

Indeed, all this fluff for a 5hour downtime patch in the middle of the day??????

Bravo Bioware......bravo.

:sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction: :sy_auction:

This is all you guys think about these days and its getting tiresome.

Edited by Iyasu

I'm sorry to be the guy who quotes you back to yourself Amber (and I thanked you via PM for your original response), but you failed to live up to your own promise.

Yes because it's on the regular schedule it doesn't upset anybody this time but I can't help but look back at the last few weeks of the maintenance cycle (and Harbinger going down twice this week independent of that).

Again, thank you for the words, and thank you in the future for the effort. :)

Edited by DaftVaduhhh

• Dev Post
I'm sorry to be the guy who quotes you back to yourself Amber (and I thanked you via PM for your original response), but you failed to live up to your own promise.

Hi there DaftVaduhhh,

You're absolutely right! I fully expected this and am glad someone pointed it out! We made the call not to post on Friday as we'll do normally. Game Update 2.3.3 had a couple of problems, and I didn't feel confident enough to tell you folks that we'd have downtime. Rather than create possible confusion and frustration, I waited until I knew for sure and what times we'd need.

It's unfortunate that last week was unsure (but I'm glad that we worked it out to get you the patch on time!). That doesn't change my intention; we want to be consistent and stick to exactly what I wrote in the quoted thread. Thanks for understanding!

:ph_cheers:

in europe it would be 4 pm till 9pm

london would be 3 pm till 8 pm

Moscow would be 8 pm till 1 am

so more people would lose the game on primetime, and because bioware decided not to regiolock the game its not possible to stager maintenance

The United States is unaffected. Therefore, maintenance is working as intended.

Edited by gorstram

Hi there DaftVaduhhh,

You're absolutely right! I fully expected this and am glad someone pointed it out! We made the call not to post on Friday as we'll do normally. Game Update 2.3.3 had a couple of problems, and I didn't feel confident enough to tell you folks that we'd have downtime. Rather than create possible confusion and frustration, I waited until I knew for sure and what times we'd need.

It's unfortunate that last week was unsure (but I'm glad that we worked it out to get you the patch on time!). That doesn't change my intention; we want to be consistent and stick to exactly what I wrote in the quoted thread. Thanks for understanding!

In keeping with the general theme of more visibility that Eric had started when he took over, wouldn't it be better to tell us that you're iffy about whether or not the patch is going to go out? Giving honest expectations when unexpected things happen or change gives a lot better good faith than being silent until you know the answer. In my opinion keeping quiet about your intended patch, even if it's not 100% certain yet, would lead to more confusion and frustration from only learning about it last minute than would happen if we were made aware ahead of time. Knowing that you are uncertain is better than knowing nothing.

Continued silence on uncertain topics brought in a lot of ill will previously, and I think the overall improvement of communication has gone a long way to fix some of that. I'd like to see that that goal be continued throughout all aspects of communication.

Hi there DaftVaduhhh,

lose/lose

Give early information that turns out wrong and get raked over coals. Give out correct information late, and get raked over the coals.

I would rather have correct information at the earliest time, than incorrect information or information that changes over time.

Much appreciated.

lose/lose

Give early information that turns out wrong and get raked over coals. Give out correct information late, and get raked over the coals.

I would rather have correct information at the earliest time, than incorrect information or information that changes over time.

Much appreciated.

/Agree

And props to Amber for doing the right thing, IMO.

lose/lose

Much appreciated.

ehh, I'd have been happy if we'd been told that the HK quest was going to be reset. Ended up costing me a couple hours and 120k credits. A little advance warning is nice when changes are coming.

Edited by Jaing

very nice blunderware you f-ed up cz-198 it now lags like illum, and reset the hk-51 quest causing people to lose hours of progress and tens of thousands of creddits. thanks so much for THINKING things through. :mad:

(allready finished hk-51 but the illum lag on cz-198 is pissing me off to no end.)

very nice blunderware you f-ed up cz-198 it now lags like illum, and reset the hk-51 quest causing people to lose hours of progress and tens of thousands of creddits. thanks so much for THINKING things through. :mad:

(allready finished hk-51 but the illum lag on cz-198 is pissing me off to no end.)

Yes.. there is something wrong with cz-198. My FPS is about half after patch.