Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accuracy @NIM for Tanks

HBCentaurion
09.14.2013 , 04:19 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by sergos View Post
I dont have any aggro issues. Dmg of our DDs is between 2,4k - 2,7k DPS.
Do u use dmg trinkets or ap relics? What is your apm? Can u send me a torparselink? Maybe you can send me a pm or post it here how you get that high dps. Some tipps on rotatioin or keybinds on mous and keyboard?
No, I don't use any damge relics / trinkets / adrenals. I use 2 proc relics (the defense and the absorb one) and an absorb adrenal.

What do you mean by a "torparse link"? You want me to upload a combat log?

My opening rotation is Enrage -> Saber Throw -> Charge -> Smash -> Crushing Blow -> Retaliation -> Backhand -> Ravage -> (you can throw in a Taunt here if you want) -> Retaliation (if procced) -> Choke -> Force Scream -> Sundering Assault

After that it's a priority system where you use abilities when they are off CD. I basically use Retaliation the moment it is off CD. My priority is:
  • Retalition
  • Crushing Blow
  • Ravage
  • Smash

Also use Enrage on CD and use Vicious Slash whenever you have rage to spare. A lot of people use Sundering Assault whenever it's off CD, but I don't. It doesn't do any good damage (and doesn't build that much threat), I used it when I need rage.

EDIT: And a DPS of 2.4-2.7k for damage dealers on the operations dummy (or even on a boss in NiM) is pretty low. They need to be closer to 3k on the operations dummy.

sergos
09.15.2013 , 07:59 AM | #22
I think, we have chosen wrong tactics. We tank the boss at the wall and not at the generator. There we loose a lot of AOE dmg brougt throu the adds. I have also skilled accuracy und changed my endurance crystals to ap crystals. After that i have tested my dmg on the dummy and reached 950 dps. In the next id i will test it on the boss. Maybe we will also change a tank against one DD.
T3-M4
Xerhion
Viise

HBCentaurion
09.16.2013 , 03:08 AM | #23
I assume you are in full underworld since you are doing NiM. As has been mentioned in this thread, you should not need to change your tanking stats for power etc. Just work on your rotation. I did Kephess NiM yesterday and was close to 1.3k DPS every time.

sergos
09.16.2013 , 03:42 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by HBCentaurion View Post
I assume you are in full underworld since you are doing NiM. As has been mentioned in this thread, you should not need to change your tanking stats for power etc. Just work on your rotation. I did Kephess NiM yesterday and was close to 1.3k DPS every time.
Using less Sundering Assault and more often Vicious Slash is a realy good hint. It is impossible to test my rotation on a dummy because of low rage/focus.
Im playing the same rotation as you, with one important change, that i have Vicious Slash in it. I will suspend it from my rotation.
T3-M4
Xerhion
Viise

izmirtheastarach
09.17.2013 , 02:48 PM | #25
I don't see this having been mentioned, but if whoever has picked up the generator holds it till there are a few seconds left on the timer before plugging it in again at the new spot, you can pick up some DPS time.

Another small spot of DPS is on the first position, if you kill the first set of adds, and ignore the second, there is not enough time for them to kill the generator before it runs out. They can be dragged to the next spot, and aoed down on the boss.

I have tanked several of the Nightmare bosses on my Vanguard alt. I've never worried about my DPS. If you are hitting enrage, (a mechanical enrage in this case), either your DPS is low, or something about your strat has reduced your time on target. Looking to tanks for DPS always seems a little suspect, though I do understand that in this case it's a proactive tank looking to push his group over the top.

That being said, anything you can do to increase your DPS without losing mitigation is great. It's when people start to actually lose mitigation that I start to raise my eyebrows.
Ascension Apply Here
5/5 NiM TFB (8/16) & 7/7 NiM S&V (8/16)
Janssen - Gunslinger
And an endless army of Janssen clones.

sergos
09.18.2013 , 01:01 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by izmirtheastarach View Post
I have tanked several of the Nightmare bosses on my Vanguard alt. I've never worried about my DPS. If you are hitting enrage, (a mechanical enrage in this case), either your DPS is low, or something about your strat has reduced your time on target. Looking to tanks for DPS always seems a little suspect, though I do understand that in this case it's a proactive tank looking to push his group over the top.

That being said, anything you can do to increase your DPS without losing mitigation is great. It's when people start to actually lose mitigation that I start to raise my eyebrows.
The only thing i can always contorl is my own acting. So i try to find out the limits of my playing with help of the comunity. It is much compfortable discussing playstile or tactiks in team, than doing it on my own. Also thanks for the other two hints improving our dps.
T3-M4
Xerhion
Viise