Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing SWTORGuildHQ.com!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Introducing SWTORGuildHQ.com!

Ludwig_VanCover
08.25.2013 , 02:47 AM | #1
STAR WARS: The Old Republic GUILD HQ
(aka LFGuild)
BETA - Version 1.1 (8/25)
www.swtorguildhq.com

Hello there!

I am proud to introduce the SWTORGuildHQ database! This project is to make an effort to bring back the original, pre-launch, guild database that SWTOR once had. We have recently released Beta 1.1 and are very eager to spread the word around about us!

Our developers have over 50 years experience combined between them and are active members of the SWTOR community. Our website is designed to be optimized for both desktop and mobile use, using the latest CSS and HTML5 in our coding. We are very open to suggestions from the community and are founded by public and private donations from members of the SWTOR community! With that, we are able to remain free of ads as well as provide our developers the freedom to explore new features for our tool!

We are currently hard at work to prepare for an October 6th release date! Before then, we are working on new features, fixing bugs, and of course- doing the MOST IMPORTANT thing - adding guilds to our directory. For a quick preview of features currently planned and/or in testing include: Guild Rep (share a link and your guild will appear higher up in searches), MyExperience (share your personal experiences with a guild - note that all entries are moderated to only allow constructive feedback), AND MORE I CANNOT SHARE!

Our guild registry tab currently is down as we are still working on manually updating our website and we currently do not have the code implemented to allow automated submissions. To add your guild to our database, you will need to send us an email! Here are the steps:
- Create a new email and have support@swtorguildhq.com as the receiver
- Include the following in your email:
Spoiler

Please note that our email submissions are read by one of four people and we actually verify what we can - also remember we are real people and that we spend numerous hours doing this work all for free - please do not send us emails about how you hate our developers, how a guild has a higher rank, or why can't I pay you to make my guild appear first in a search... WE WILL BLACKLIST YOUR EMAIL! We seriously love all you guys but negativity won't get us anywhere - WE DO allow CREATIVE CRITICISM but not responses like "This sucksz" or "This was a waste of my time".

Everyone, please enjoy and countdown with us as we approach the 10/6 final version release!
░▒ General Ludwig VanCover - The Army of Light ▒░
░▒ "The Time is Always Right to Do What is Right." ▒░
Acting Grandmaster of The Army of Light | Recruiting Tanks, and Healers
Commando Healer Extraordinaire - TEH Server

TheHandsomeDJM
08.29.2013 , 03:12 AM | #2
Great site! Looks wonderful. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but if you hover over the register tab its spelled registar. Again, not trying to be that guy.. I know that I'd want someone to point it out if it were my project.

Ludwig_VanCover
08.29.2013 , 03:00 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheHandsomeDJM View Post
Great site! Looks wonderful. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but if you hover over the register tab its spelled registar. Again, not trying to be that guy.. I know that I'd want someone to point it out if it were my project.
Oh! lol thank you for alerting me! Since I am working on providing translations, I don't have a spell check enabled since I was working on German/French at the same time. I have updated the local.en.lang file and changes should be noted in a few hours.

Ludwig_VanCover
09.07.2013 , 01:28 PM | #4
Where have we been, you may ask...

We have been hard at work on our desktop client! We are still experiencing some nasty technical issues, such as connecting to our patch/update server, but things are moving along!

More guild indexs are coming, so stay tuned and remember to keep submitting those guilds!

Ludwig_VanCover
09.07.2013 , 04:14 PM | #5
Our initial desktop client build is ready but access to the desktop side will not be enabled until this weekend. Since this is an early BETA test build, we except there to be some bugs. The design is still placeholder work but we do expect there to be a design change!

The installer can be downloaded one of two ways:
***No Bandwidth: http://download.swtorguildhq.com/dow...e0c3e5f583a4e2
***10KB/s Download Link: http://download.swtorguildhq.com/dow...74abc67a8a6be3

When you install, the default directory will be:

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Army of Light\SWTOR Guild HQ by The Army of Light\
C:\Program Files\The Army of Light\SWTOR Guild HQ by The Army of Light\

We have not done testing but changing the install directory should not interfere with the program

Version Controlling
When you install you will be asked for a serial number - this will be removed at a future build, but to ensure version controlling we require a serial number. The serial number for the current build is: 2y5g-nTEv-fIVY-LcF2-WAUD

Patching
Most of our updated will not require a new install (or patch), however you will be prompt in the program itself if there is a new update.

SoyChulo
09.10.2013 , 10:57 AM | #6
I wish you would change your url.
<E> Guild - Progression raiding
Fun, casual or hard-core, players feel free to apply

Ludwig_VanCover
09.10.2013 , 05:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SoyChulo View Post
I wish you would change your url.
lol why is that?

Ludwig_VanCover
09.10.2013 , 07:45 PM | #8
EDIT: This issue has been resolved! Please force your browser to reset its cache for our website: Crtl + R (mac) ALT + f5 (windows)

=====EXCLUDE THIS INFO=====

We are currently working on a solution to a CSS bug causing the search results to go off the page.

SoyChulo
09.11.2013 , 06:43 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludwig_VanCover View Post
lol why is that?
Because it is too similar to my guild's url.
<E> Guild - Progression raiding
Fun, casual or hard-core, players feel free to apply

Telanis
09.15.2013 , 10:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SoyChulo View Post
Because it is too similar to my guild's url.
I've always though "e" was similar to "SWTOR" myself. Get a grip.