Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Czerka Hard Modes far harder than other hard modes, need sepearated in group finder

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Czerka Hard Modes far harder than other hard modes, need sepearated in group finder

Fentcer
09.15.2013 , 04:35 PM | #1
I'm a well geared tank. I can tank all the hard modes without much dying, except the two Czerka missions. They are way harder than anything else, and more times than not, my pug group cannot keep my alive.

I'm tired of this, I need my 3 weekly hard modes for Ultimate comms, but due to those 2 missions, I'm not getting them every week. Hey dev's, you made those missions too hard. Fix it, or seperate them from the other 55 hard modes in the group finder, because most people can't hand them.

VorKoom
09.15.2013 , 04:39 PM | #2
Speak for yourself, I enjoy the challenge of these hardmodes and have both Tanked and Healed them, they are not overly hard though that was with a guild group, Pugs are a different story as it's hit and miss. I hope they do not nerf them.
Guildmaster
<Colours>
Casual PvE/PvP Progression Guild
The Red Eclipse EU. Colours Website

Makillda
09.15.2013 , 06:42 PM | #3
Learn the mechanics and quit trying to bulldoze everything. The difficulty is fine.

wainot-keel
09.15.2013 , 07:02 PM | #4
You've had bad luck with healers then.

The other day I joined an in progress czerka meltdown run, just to see the last bits of healer-tank discussion. There was a wipe, healer got blamed, healer left.
Few minutes later another healer joins. As sooon as he enters the fp, I get a whisper from the tank "for ****** sake, healer with ***** gear" Yeah, guy definetly was not in Kell Dragon. I checked, and it was mostly Rakata stuff , including weapons, plus a couple of 66s blues from Makeb drops. That was it.
The most memorable thing for me from that fp, was the tank's whisper. Nothing else. We went there and killed the bosses. Nothing else happened.

Ausgelebt
09.15.2013 , 07:02 PM | #5
Actually read what OP said. He wants them to be seperated and there he has a point. For casual players these flashpoints are overtuned and need to be seperated from the normal variety of flashpoints. For me all of them are easy, but so are hardmode 55 operations, different player, different style.

Arenatah
09.15.2013 , 07:09 PM | #6
Having run the czerka hard modes on massively overgeared toons as well as fresh 55s, I find the FPs to be just fine. I don't think they need to be in their own queue. Let's be fair, they are nowhere near the difficulty that HM LI was.

That being said, if there's enough demand for them to be in their own queue, I don't think it would hurt any.
Retired POT5 Sorc. I failed to heal to full.

RIP IN PIECES ANSALEM. NVR5GET, NEVER5URRENDER.
Beslley - DPS sorc | Arenatah - Snoipah | Nef'arian - DPS op

psandak
09.15.2013 , 07:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Makillda View Post
Learn the mechanics and quit trying to bulldoze everything. The difficulty is fine.
I tend to agree with this sentiment.

I agree that the CZHMs are tougher than the original 55HMFPs but not so much so that they need to be in a separate queue. All the HM Czerka bosses are not that difficult IF you look for the various mechanics and do what you are supposed to do. I think one of the issues is that there are fewer "shortcuts"/alternative strategies, that make those bosses easier (some would call them exploits/cheats). All this means is that BW is learning from their previous design efforts.

MeNaCe-NZ
09.15.2013 , 08:37 PM | #8
This again?

They are fine as is, get better gear or play the mechanics better.
I've never once failed these FPs with any pug group I've played with ( had a few wipes but that's to be expected ) yet the OP seems to imply you always fail? I would wager you may be problem more than other people.

If anything I was hoping for something harder for FPs like some NiM content perhaps. We don't all have enough time to do NiM progression on ops.

Bilirubin
09.15.2013 , 10:47 PM | #9
Just ran the second Czerka, supposedly the hardest, as tank for the first time last night. I was sure to tell my group it was my first time before we started to be sure they knew what they were getting into. My guildie wasn't the best at explaining the fights in chat (at his admission) so after two wipes I asked the rest what was wrong with my positioning. Other DPS corrected me, next pull was magic. Next boss, asked for a run down, cleared it first pull. Didn't die for the rest of the run in fact, the final boss was quite easy (my guildie explained that fight quite well).

So if this is the hardest content for flash points, I would say the difficulty is just fine once one minds the mechanics.
Cyannin Level 55 Shadow | Rubinin Level 50 Gunslinger | Mikuri Level 55 Sentinel | Vertatin Level 47 Commando | PURgE
Scartina Level 17 Marauder
The Bastion

xJACKTHERIPPERx
09.16.2013 , 12:51 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausgelebt View Post
Actually read what OP said. He wants them to be seperated and there he has a point. For casual players these flashpoints are overtuned and need to be seperated from the normal variety of flashpoints. For me all of them are easy, but so are hardmode 55 operations, different player, different style.
Kinda like how Lost Island was all on its own at first, and for some groups it was impossible, but for my friends and I, after we learned the fights and everything, it became part of our normal flashpoint runs.
<Prophecy of the Five> Munda - 55 Sniper | Seever - 55 Juggernaut | Kasra - 55 Assassin | Vasius - 55 Mercenary | Innoss - 55 Sage