Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Contract Week Event - Now Live for Players Level 15 and up!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bounty Contract Week Event - Now Live for Players Level 15 and up!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSmokealot
09.13.2013 , 06:26 AM | #21
i am really enjoying this event , and have seen people shouting in general chat for a group for the kingpin bounties, ...

this has me wondering , does the whole group need the bounty token for that same kingpin?

or does just 1 person need the bounty token , yet the whole group gets the rep / title awarded for that kingpin?

i have enough tokens to take 3 kingpin bounties at the moment , and if i bust a gut and farm all my 11 alts that could do it , i could get a lot more , but i need to know if i can share exp / rep etc with a grp and do 3 or 4 kingpins as a guild group , or if i have to bust my butt to aquire as many tokens as possible to share them among our group so each can buy one and we get one kingpin done ? ......

sorry if thats confusing to some , but if you do get what i mean , and know the answer , it would be greatly appreciated .......
Urrrggghhh Hurrrgghhh Hurgh Cough .......... The Force Is Strong With This One

GatorAndy
09.13.2013 , 11:29 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSmokealot View Post
i am really enjoying this event , and have seen people shouting in general chat for a group for the kingpin bounties, ...

this has me wondering , does the whole group need the bounty token for that same kingpin?

or does just 1 person need the bounty token , yet the whole group gets the rep / title awarded for that kingpin?

i have enough tokens to take 3 kingpin bounties at the moment , and if i bust a gut and farm all my 11 alts that could do it , i could get a lot more , but i need to know if i can share exp / rep etc with a grp and do 3 or 4 kingpins as a guild group , or if i have to bust my butt to aquire as many tokens as possible to share them among our group so each can buy one and we get one kingpin done ? ......

sorry if thats confusing to some , but if you do get what i mean , and know the answer , it would be greatly appreciated .......
Each person would have to have purchased the kingpin unlock on that character for them to get credit for it. I believe the mission could be shared with anyone who has purchased the unlock bit forgotten to pick up the mission from the terminal.

That doesn't stop you from helping guildies with their kingpins, as you can still help them kill (and stop dpsing before 5% if they need the capture) their bounty. Last night, I helped a guildmate with his kingpin bounty on Coruscant, then he helped me with mine on Nar Shadaa. One thing to keep in mind, all bounties (and any angry shady characters) will be the level of the highest level group member. So, if you want to help anyone who is more than 5 levels lower, it's best to not be in a group when the bounty spawns.

CrazyMcGee
09.14.2013 , 07:25 PM | #23
I have a question, sorry I'm a bit confused!

I have unlocked a couple of Kingpin contracts on a character. The next time the bounty week comes around (next month), will those Kingpins still be unlocked? Or do we have to unlock them each time?

AlrikFassbauer
09.15.2013 , 04:03 PM | #24
Me, I'm always having great difficulties with the targets. Last time I was in a group of 3 people, and we wiped a lot of times until we finally got the target.

What I still don't understand is this : What were we doing wrong ?
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Delta_V
09.15.2013 , 05:57 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
I have a question, sorry I'm a bit confused!

I have unlocked a couple of Kingpin contracts on a character. The next time the bounty week comes around (next month), will those Kingpins still be unlocked? Or do we have to unlock them each time?
Those Kingpins will still be unlocked.

DarthSmokealot
09.16.2013 , 02:15 AM | #26
awesome , thanks for your reply gator much appreciated
Urrrggghhh Hurrrgghhh Hurgh Cough .......... The Force Is Strong With This One

plotenox
09.17.2013 , 07:17 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Me, I'm always having great difficulties with the targets. Last time I was in a group of 3 people, and we wiped a lot of times until we finally got the target.

What I still don't understand is this : What were we doing wrong ?
What were the levels in your group? Because the bounty NPC would have the same level as the highest leveled person in your group.
Digital Deluxe Edition
Sith Inquisitor:Riper Server:The Razor Trooper:Plaxon Server:The Harbinger

AlrikFassbauer
09.18.2013 , 06:34 AM | #28
Well, that's probably the solution. I was level 21, whereas the Scoundrel had 25 and the other one (forgot the class) was 27 ...
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Toryn_Wattan
09.18.2013 , 09:58 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
The next time the bounty week comes around (next month)...
Ok, so the Bounty Week is over for September. I thought so but the web site still lists it as being live. I thought I had missed something.

KarmaForce
09.18.2013 , 04:55 PM | #30
Damn, I got excited when I saw this because I need a few more missions to get to legend. It's very sad to see that the fools in charge allow this to happen.