Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Contract Week Event - Now Live for Players Level 15 and up!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bounty Contract Week Event - Now Live for Players Level 15 and up!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sambril
09.11.2013 , 11:52 PM | #11
Please change the spawn mechanics on henchmen/kingpins to prevent interference from other players ruining your kill/capture choice simply because they are too impatient to wait until you are done before spawning theirs. The spawned mob should be locked to the spawning group or the encounter moved into an instance.

This is really ruining my enjoyment of this event. No they are not 'helping' me - they just want their own mission to be done. For me the game is about the journey not the destination so when you mess up my fight you mess up my game.

Jenovan
09.12.2013 , 11:50 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Saintash View Post
How come this event doesn't have any event rewards that i don't have to spend my hard earned credits on?

the best part of the other events was working to get something that was rare in the game. this event doesn't have that and its really disappointing
Actually, I'm wondering if it might have to do with the scheduled, regular nature of the event. Any event-exclusive items would quickly lose their "unique" quality (in quotes because nothing is truly unique, of course). Perhaps if there was a token, it'd be something based on heroics or boss fights, like the Gree shards, to limit how many you could accumulate in a single event, but at the moment, there aren't any heroics or world/ops bosses, so...

Perhaps that'll change in the future -- something like an H4 instance full of criminal scum could be fun
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Marcell
09.12.2013 , 06:41 PM | #13
Been away for awhile on active duty...can we finally hunt players??O.o
Collectors Edition...doesn't make me special.
Starfox in space.../facepalm.
Degradator of the Shadows
Guild: Vengeance Imperium

chuixupu
09.12.2013 , 06:42 PM | #14
No player bounties.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

s_w_sanders
09.12.2013 , 09:31 PM | #15
I'm really enjoying this event so far. One question how does it decide who you face? I faced Zinda Kent (sniper always on a ledge or cliff) 3 times today, on three different planets (alderaan, nar shadaa, and coruscant) with three different characters (JK, IA, SW). As much fun as it is killing her, I want to kill someone new.

plotenox
09.12.2013 , 09:48 PM | #16
@sanders, I think its random. I face the same henchman sometimes in different planets. King pins I'm not sure.
Digital Deluxe Edition
Sith Inquisitor:Riper Server:The Razor Trooper:Plaxon Server:The Harbinger

CrazyMcGee
09.12.2013 , 10:35 PM | #17
I really enjoy this event, but BW need to address the new lvl 27 restriction problems.

The achievements not cannot be completed unless you have a lvl 27 and under alt on both factions. A lot of players don't and requiring us to roll a new character and level them to 15 just so we can get one kingpin contract unlocked seems a bit unfair. Not to mention the people who had the contracts unlocked on Ord Mantell and Hutta and have now lost them.

I know you wanted to thin out the crowds, but you could have done that by limiting the bounties available on those planets or reducing the number of players per instance during the event on those planets.

Alternatively, just removed those planets from the achievements please.

CrazyMcGee
09.12.2013 , 10:37 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by s_w_sanders View Post
I'm really enjoying this event so far. One question how does it decide who you face? I faced Zinda Kent (sniper always on a ledge or cliff) 3 times today, on three different planets (alderaan, nar shadaa, and coruscant) with three different characters (JK, IA, SW). As much fun as it is killing her, I want to kill someone new.
It's a random choice, but there are only a few choices per planet. Dulfy explains it here. But, for example, Zinda Kent is on Dromund Kaas/Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, Alderaan.

Riper
09.12.2013 , 11:25 PM | #19
So let me get this figured out hear, I unlocked the kingpin for Hutta last Bounty week and had it for the rest of the days that the event was going on into this one. I unlock the next kingpin on Dromand Kass but only get to do it once, so how in the hell were others able to finish the hole event in one bloody week. I don't get it, or did I eff it up by choosing the bounty on Dromand Kass and the kingpin at the same time for one day? I need some answers hear, felling confused.

ZETA_SCORPII
09.13.2013 , 03:30 AM | #20
I love this event! Each class should have their own event in the future imo.