The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Well, I've been using gf for months and never had a story worthy of this thread (just average stupidity), until tonight.

It's a short story, but was laughing pretty hard.

Queue up and draw mando raiders HM, (I'm the healer) we make it to the boss with the dogs, we beat him, and everything is fine.

Then one of the dps's says: "can you guys give me a minute?"

Tank says "sure"

DPs: "I gotta go get butter"

Tank: "what?"

Me: "seriously?"

The dps "it's right across the street"

Me: "dude can't the butter wait?"

Dps: "I'll be right back, I swear"

Then the other dps says "I'm not standing around while that guy goes to buy butter." And quits. (And can you really blame him?). So we queue for a replacement and in the meantime the tank and I are sitting there, staring at his unmoving toon, basically saying "why does he need butter so immediately?"

So we get a replacement, who catches up to where we are and says "alright let's go"

Tank: "we're waiting on this guy"

Me: "he went to get butter"

New Dps "butter!?"

Tank "he said he would brb"

New Dps "from getting BUTTER?"

Me and tank: "uhhh. Yeah"

So 10 mins go by…15, and were thinking "is something stuck or something?"

"Maybe he's cooking" and from there the theories as to what the butter is for just start to get more graphic.

and finally I say "seriously, how long does it take this moron to go by butter!?" And the tank initiates a vote kick saying "I think it's time we leave this dude to be alone with his butter"

Butter dude gets kicked. We get a new dps, who asks "what happened to the last guy?"

And we say "he went to get butter" new dude says "what? Butter?" And we're like "yeah nm lets just go. "

Anyway we run the rest of the fp. It was a good group actually. And the last conversation as we were leaving the area was

Me: "I wonder if he ever made it back home with his butter"

Tank: "we'll never know"

I was laughing pretty hard.

https://www.google.dk/search?hl=da&biw=1024&bih=672&site=imghp&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=MzwuUua2GIHUswb594CwAg&q=captain+sparklez+face&oq=captain+sparklez+face&gs_l=img.3...2886.8132.0.9046.21.20.0.1.1.0.121.1603.15j5.20.0....0...1c.1.26.img..6.15.1121.bjTD8wxrIEo#biv=i%7C4%3Bd%7CrUEc8iRxI8C3AM%3A

Well, I've been using gf for months and never had a story worthy of this thread (just average stupidity), until tonight.

It's a short story, but was laughing pretty hard.

Queue up and draw mando raiders HM, (I'm the healer) we make it to the boss with the dogs, we beat him, and everything is fine.

Then one of the dps's says: "can you guys give me a minute?"

Tank says "sure"

DPs: "I gotta go get butter"

Tank: "what?"

Me: "seriously?"

The dps "it's right across the street"

Me: "dude can't the butter wait?"

Dps: "I'll be right back, I swear"

Then the other dps says "I'm not standing around while that guy goes to buy butter." And quits. (And can you really blame him?). So we queue for a replacement and in the meantime the tank and I are sitting there, staring at his unmoving toon, basically saying "why does he need butter so immediately?"

So we get a replacement, who catches up to where we are and says "alright let's go"

Tank: "we're waiting on this guy"

Me: "he went to get butter"

New Dps "butter!?"

Tank "he said he would brb"

New Dps "from getting BUTTER?"

Me and tank: "uhhh. Yeah"

So 10 mins go by…15, and were thinking "is something stuck or something?"

"Maybe he's cooking" and from there the theories as to what the butter is for just start to get more graphic.

and finally I say "seriously, how long does it take this moron to go by butter!?" And the tank initiates a vote kick saying "I think it's time we leave this dude to be alone with his butter"

Butter dude gets kicked. We get a new dps, who asks "what happened to the last guy?"

And we say "he went to get butter" new dude says "what? Butter?" And we're like "yeah nm lets just go. "

Anyway we run the rest of the fp. It was a good group actually. And the last conversation as we were leaving the area was

Me: "I wonder if he ever made it back home with his butter"

Tank: "we'll never know"

I was laughing pretty hard.

Yeah, that was awesome :D. I was the tank, vPLethality. He actually whispered me after and said his brother made him go get it and that he was a butter snacker 0.o.

Yeah, that was awesome :D. I was the tank, vPLethality. He actually whispered me after and said his brother made him go get it and that he was a butter snacker 0.o.

A butter snacker!? Not sure what that is, but.....ok. :D

Dude, We should start a PVE guild where we stop halfway through every run for a butter break.

We could call it butter squad. :D

Dude, We should start a PVE guild where we stop halfway through every run for a butter break.

Well .... a butter snacker is someone who snacks butter ... ;-)

Yeah I know some people are crazy, you couldnt do my little brother a greater pleasure then to give him butter on his birthday :p

Anyway .... I've started doing lowbe flashpoints a few weeks ago with 2 healers and 1 tank who I will only level through flashpoints (1 healer will pvp some). One thing I allready noticed is the shear amount of strange and weird people. About 75% of the fps has 1 or 2 weirdo's.

I'll share one of these stories

Starring:

- Purple panther Kaso'ar (commando healer)

- The tanking Jawa shadow

- dps mister x

- dps mister y

I got a pop for cademimu SM. Allready on the 1st trashpull I noticed the skills of the tank, or rather the part that he lacks them. I'm not to bad a guy so I offered him politely the advice to use forcebreach to hold AoE aggro (I didnt saw the debuff ever).

At the 2nd trashpull I noticed he also didnt used kinetic ward and religiously stood at 10 meters range casting telekinetic trow off cd. Ofc I offered him the advice to go use KW. After 10-15 seconds or so it became clear he couldnt find the button.

I may not be the best healer ever, but I managed to heal the tank, dpsx2 and myself through everything alive till the point where you can slice a door to get a shortcut. There I couldnt heal through it anymore and the shadow went splat multiple times. I though it was strange so I inspected his gear.

My mouth almost dropped on the ground from amazing. I saw crafted green dps-gear, a green focus (not a shield) and a Jawacloak as chestpiece (you know, the one only giving some armor and no other stats at all). When I asked about the cloak he said he liked the look.

Somehow we managed to kill the wookieboss alive. After that I got saved by the doorbell so I had a very good excuse to leave the fp. In total it took us more than 1 hour to get to that point.

As I said, there are many many other weird instances when pugging. I can recommend to try it out. Just be ready for having to face a lot of noobs and newbs. I surely learned not to rage about a tank not being able to keep bosses off me.

Edited by fire-breath

at least we have some closure on the issue. i was getting really worried i would never find out.

also, the thought of snacking on straight butter makes me want to throw up a little :rak_mad:

what about <afk Butter>?

Edited by oaceen

I'd join that guild.

I don't have any stories yet, other than some knight kept outrolling me on need on will items for his companion. It was annoying but C'est la vie.

/still giggling over butter story.

I had a very weird pug last night.

weird not that it was bad, but weird good.

got Lost Island on a baby sage (amusingly enough as dps - showing that there are times of day when dps is more in demand then healers o_O).

oh dear. group had people of varying levles....and nowhere near raid gear.

first weird thing - no one drops. tank starts pulling trash, not skipping. healer mentions never having done the flashpoint before. and then it becomes clear that I'm the only person who has ever doe this before. ah, no wonder no one dropped, they have no idea what they are getting into.

so I start giving out short overviews of bosses as we get to them, most likely forgetting things here and there, I haven't exactly done LI all that many times either, and as a healer, there are some things you never have to worry about, that dps and tank do.

we one shot everything but the bouncy guy (and that was more due to lag and how touchy positioning is on that boss - they were running in, just took a few tries to figure out exact spot) and bonus boss, because I forgot a crucial part of the fight (only got to bonus boss once, ever, pretty much every group imp side I've been in, skipped it)

and not one person, NOT ONE stood in green goo on Lorrik. not even a little. I was watching the debuff and no one got it.

I got into that flashpoint thinking it was going to be a PITA... and with all new people it went splendidly. reminded me why I fell in love with MMO's

I have dropped groups for the dps doing this. I find it highly insulting. I'm either the tank all the way through it I'm not. I refuse to run with DPS who only let me fulfill my role when they deem it necessary. I will not be the meat shield you only pull out for the boss fights.

A-FREAKING-MEN. I HATE HATE HATE when DPS (or even healers) do this. And I get put through it a LOT. I respecced my geared assassin tank into DPS and absolutely refused to tank anymore at all because of people like that, and also people who love to whine when I didn't do things their way, but that's another story altogether.

Of course, now that I re-read that post. I'm doing that exact thing. -shrug- So I'm a hypocrite. sue me.

Moral of the story? DON'T PISS OFF THE TANK!

Edited by Noodlegotagun

I assure you, butter snacking isn't really less weird in the US.

Thank you. :D

On a positive side, we had a weird, but weird in a positive sense, Mandalorian Raiders (normal story mode) run yesterday : 1 person in the 30s ( I think it was level 37), me 26, another one 27 I think, and another one in the early 20s.

All commandos, 1 vanguard ! And 2 of us had the "Grek" weapon from the cartel market ! ;)

No wipe. Everything was very smooth, only one commando died 2 or 3 times. :)

We didn't use the group finder, by the way. It was just a call on the republic fleet, and I just joined in.

Afterwards, one commando complained that "she" had no proper trooper helmet. At my suggestion we did Athiss afterwards and tada ! dropped an proper trooper helmet for her at the end boss ! :D

Now that was fine. :D

Another short story is that of a Jedi I found at Sector X. He "needed" on ALMOST EVERYTHING as I went through the quests with him. I didn't care much about it since i already had fine equipment.

During a pause, I explained to him that this might speed up him getting on ignore lists and that he should be more careful with that, and better always ask. He needed on most things diuring the following two quests we did as well, but, I just didn't care much, since I scavenged anyway a LOT off the droids there :D and god almost all of the junk. (which I'm of course selling :D;) ).

I do hope that he'll be more careful in the future, since he wasn't that bad, actually, a decent fighter. But - I don't know.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Maybe I'm one of those 'weird' people, but I've just dropped 4 groups in a row (enduring the lockout each time) because no one said "hi", or even acknowledge each other before the pro I'm-too-good-for-you tank runs along and aggros everything in sight (I'm the healer atm).

Like, I'm not saying we need to introduce each other and invite them over for tea, but how *********** hard is it to say "hi". Takes less than a second.

More often than not (and infuriatingly this thing happens a lot to me), I'll ignore it and carry on, but it really irked me tonight. I just couldn't take it.

Meh.. just my pet peeve I guess.

No that wasn't the reason. When DPS starts fights before I even log into the FP, when DPS runs ahead while I'm healing and jumps mobs, when I ask why and I am told "This is just crap trash that I don't need you for! You just stay back with the healer until I tell you you're needed!"

The fact is I'm not God's gift to Tanking. Therefore every chance I get to gather and hold agro on a proper pull helps me learn. I go the pace I go and any DPS that can't handle that and refuses to allow me to properly fulfill my role goes on my ignore list and gets to listen to the rest of the group rail at him/her for costing them a tank while he/she waits for another tank that's content to be their personal meatshield and come when called.

+1 again. I'm so sick of the excuses terribad DPS come up with to justify doing their job poorly. Keep doing what you're doing. Eventually, when they have to wait twice as long as everyone else for queues, because all the tanks have them on ignore, MAYBE they'll learn to get their craniums out of their rectums and do their job. And more importantly, let you do your job too.

And to the above poster, I can understand that frustration. Most people are just there for quick comms etc etc and don't even think about the social part of grouping for flashpoints anymore. When a game loses it's initial charm, civility is often one of the first casualties. For what it's worth, I try to at least say hi before I start pulling mobs.

I remember just the other day, our healer said hi, and told us he may not be at the top of his game because a family had died the night before. So we all made a point of running the flashpoint and kicking as much *** as possible for his deceased relative. It was awesome to see out of the community, really.

Edited by Noodlegotagun

1. I had an op healer many months ago that stealthed, traded me 3 med packs and wished me "good luck, that's how I heal." I quit.

2. My friend (Sin tank) and I (Op healer) were in cadi and we had a DPS merc that had his aim and strength balanced. exactly. like he sat there and thought about it. He also had no enhancements or relics or implants. My friend and I could only assume he thought all that enhancing was unnatural. the sad part? we were so desperate to finish a FP we just went it and finished with a good deal of work.

2 sets of SM MR.

1. DPS: Tank is in Shien, healer has most aggro but manages. I help out with off heals when things get hairy and try to keep a much as posible on m so it is not on the healer.

2. Heal: Tank has no charge, ask to put one on, it is not a tanking charge, ask to put dark charge on he won't, manage to heal him but then a DPS runs way way ahead and agroes everything, I juts leave before they can get to me and kill me.

They nerfed LI to be just above/on the level of the other lvl 50 HM fp's, it's a walk in the park now

Man back when it first came out it caused some grief. My first two attempts were wipe fests on the first boss--tried tanking it all over the place, various strats. My guild was convinced that two melee could not do it. Then one day a group of us went in, two melee, me tank, and our core healer, and when they started about various tanking strats I just said "forget all that stuff, stay out of the lightning and get the ads" and we mowed it down with me dragging its robot butt along the periphery of the room. Never really had a problem with it again once I quit trying to follow published strats and just went with what was logical at the time. Gear might have also been involved but still, what a challenging (and expensive in repair bills) instance.

They nerfed LI to be just above/on the level of the other lvl 50 HM fp's, it's a walk in the park now

people still wipe there all the time for doing stupid stuff. they just added more margin for error, but you still cannot ignore mechanics.

I was just amazed at the fact how quickly they learned even with my crappy explanations and how good they were at staying out of bad on the ground. its not very common for random late night pugs.

I see this in FPs a lot. Most dps and healers have no clue how to use their class defensive capabilities. For example we had a bad tank doing the first boss in Mandalorian Raiders HM and the tank was a complete noob, so the hounds and the boss went to attack the healer, who was an operative. He sat there getting attacked for 10 secs then died while trying to heal himself. Did not cast evasion, did not use probe, invisibility, roll or even try to move. It was still the tank's fault, but it takes a lot for you to die as healer in FPs, especially if you are geared.

I see this always with marauders as well. All of a sudden the marauder is almost dead/almost dead without pulling one defensive capabilities. Most snipers also have no clue they can use the push to push melee away or to use roll. I can go on and on, but I get surprised how most non-tank players have no clue how to use defensive skills and some classes, like marauder, are stacked with them.

I see this always with marauders as well. All of a sudden the marauder is almost dead/almost dead without pulling one defensive capabilities. Most snipers also have no clue they can use the push to push melee away or to use roll. I can go on and on, but I get surprised how most non-tank players have no clue how to use defensive skills and some classes, like marauder, are stacked with them.

Knowing what/how to use defensive cooldowns and threat reduction is what seperates the excellent DPS, from the average DPS. Marauders/sentinels are most definitely stacked with defensive cooldowns, and this often leads me to take a secondary role keeping an eye on the healer just in case the tank misses a target. I can typically pull off the healer and either off-tank it with a defensive cooldown, slow it and kite it to the tank, or outright kill it with a little extra juice, usually in the form of popping Zen. A lot of DPS get tunnel visioned on their target, and don't pay attention to anything else, including their threat generation, or their health. this gets them killed more often than not. Situational awareness is the name of the game as a melee DPS.

Edited by Noodlegotagun