Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance is destroying my guild!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance is destroying my guild!

Sarlord
09.11.2013 , 03:48 AM | #11
The other thing to look at is weekly reset is at 10 pm Sydney time on Tuesday night I'm not waiting up to progress my daily or weekly so its done for com's that i'll miss on Wednesday night which by the time a 2 hour down time should finish. So i'll not wait up on the Wednesday night either so that's elite com's gone so there for no progress to get into other OP's

end rant

Woebearer
09.11.2013 , 03:54 AM | #12
Europes com can only dream of maintanance during nighttime, BW slapps us with daytime downtimes all the way though it should not be too difficult to have some hours delay bewtween the servers, least between American,Asia and Europe.

ekimmak
09.11.2013 , 04:15 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Woebearer View Post
Europes com can only dream of maintanance during nighttime, BW slapps us with daytime downtimes all the way though it should not be too difficult to have some hours delay bewtween the servers, least between American,Asia and Europe.
Well, considering they just consolidated all the APAC servers into American servers, that really wouldn't help, because a well timed maintenance for the average player isn't a well timed maintenance for an Australian player.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Nixian
09.11.2013 , 04:21 AM | #14
Why u all post did someone from Bioware ever respond on needs of community ?

I play now again for 4 weeks orso , I rarely see some GM or any other reaction from Bioware in forum or anywere else.

I only experienced maintenance after maintenance , a week ago i was happy to play 3 days on a row without maintenance.

Did euro's drop in value compared to dollars ( i don't think so , sick economy) , so please explain to me why i would keep donate to ppl that steal my gameplay over and over again. I demand same service as americans that have maintenance in nighttime , especially when you guys seem to mess it up over and over again , unexpected downtimes mostly in euro primetime , like last week 9 h , i still got any official responds. Screw u , screw ur company , screw lame stupid egocentered americans and their over rated game. If u think i forget the 9 h cause you now try to eas us with only 2h downtime , u still steal from us.

Ps. : for all ppl yelling give them slack , this and that , **** idiots it's not ur mother you so used to suck up , grow some balls , we payed for same service , so maintenance in nighttime for europe , till then i will not prolong my subscription.

Terrinuso
09.11.2013 , 05:24 AM | #15
We all know that 2 hrs downtime really means 10 hrs

Grief-DMC
09.12.2013 , 02:55 AM | #16
BUMP biowear make a statement please

Laris_Rai
09.12.2013 , 03:02 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Grief-DMC View Post
BUMP biowear make a statement please
Them's the breaks. There, I saved BW the trouble.

This game's maintenance operates on NA hours. Accept it or play something based on your continent.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

MajikMyst
09.12.2013 , 03:09 AM | #18
I am not sure where the issue is... Maintenance times for all servers has been the same since the game launched... Nothing has changed.. When the APAC servers were there, guess what?? Maintenance was at the exact same time it is on every other server.. Now that the APAC servers are gone, guess what?? Maintenance is at the exact same time it is on every other server..

Typically speaking there is a post at the top of the general forum 2 or 3 days in advance warning about maintenance times.. The game launcher usually has a warning about the maintenance on the day before the maintenance..

I am just not sure what the issue is.. Maintenance times haven't changed.. If you are raiding during a designated maintenance window, then that is your fault..

Yes, some weeks to fix bugs, emergency maintenance days occur.. So what?? I see no reason to complain about that.. If one of you feel that you can write an MMO of this quality and scope that will be bug and maintenance free.. Be my guest.. Otherwise, I am not sure what you have to complain about except to complain just to complain..

I have play WOW for almost 6 years.. I have played this one since launch.. If I had a nickel for every time I missed a raid or OP due to maintenance.. Life for me would be a lot easier..

Seriously guys.. Lighten up.. It is just a game.. To err is human.. At least they are fixing the bugs.. You can't fault them for that..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

SteveMellross
09.12.2013 , 04:25 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
I am not sure where the issue is... Maintenance times for all servers has been the same since the game launched... Nothing has changed.. When the APAC servers were there, guess what?? Maintenance was at the exact same time it is on every other server.. Now that the APAC servers are gone, guess what?? Maintenance is at the exact same time it is on every other server.
I've been raiding since just after release in this game and maintenance has never been an issue because it was always on the scheduled maintenance day (Tuesday). Because of this we raided Wed/Thur/Sun. Too easy!

BUT... Over the last month there has been maintenance almost every Wednesday and a few Thursdays. Since it falls right in the middle of our peak raiding time these unscheduled patches (even if it's only 2 hours) wipe out an entire day of raiding for us. That's the issue.
Elzilcho Mercenary Level 55
Character Profile (Ask Mr. Robot)

kidatwood
09.12.2013 , 04:52 AM | #20
I'm sure this is based off Majority rules where they look for a time when most of there player base is not playing. Which would make sence.