Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Infinite RotHC splashscreen and no character select.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Infinite RotHC splashscreen and no character select.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

docbenwayddo
09.11.2013 , 06:21 PM | #1
I had been logged on to the Ebon Hawk server for many hours and hunted bounties and did a couple other missions across 6 characters, when I went to the store for milk. Thinking this would be a good timeto reboot and clear any mem leak issues I did so and attempted logon on return.

That was 40 minutes ago. I put in my password, hit PLAY and get the RotHC screen. Swtor shows as Running in Task Manager as opposed to a Not Responding hangup. I can't try other servers as the game has not gotten that far.

This last attempt has been 15 minutes of splashscreen waiting "just in case" and then alt-tabbing to post this.

The mouse cursor is the game's character select screen cursor and visible/movable on top of the splash, but any clicks aren't going "through" to possible hidden UI elements.

Beruthien
09.11.2013 , 06:50 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings docbenwayddo,

If you are using the non-streaming launcher, please run repair function on the launcher. If you use the streaming launcher (ST in the bottom left hand corner), please make sure that the patching has finished and then follow the steps below:
  1. Close both Launcher and SWTOR.
  2. Delete the “BitRaider” directory from your game install directory
    1. For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider
    2. For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\BitRaider
  3. Run the Launcher
Please come back to us if the issue remains.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

docbenwayddo
09.11.2013 , 07:59 PM | #3
I may try this, but I noticed one of the svchost processes ballooning in cpu usage while I sat with system idle for a moment, frustrated. I then spent a while reloading and checking the PIDs and which services were getting jammed into the ballooner.

In my case, a reboot after the uPnP Gateway Discovery device service / windows component was removed, resulted in a behaving (so far) set of svchosts. The ballooning in usage svchost.exe was the netsvcs one, Win XP Pro SP3.

Attempting to log in now as CPU usage showing spikes up to a whole 6% as I type this, when the usage was 50% before I opened the browser to make the original posting last time. I just didn't know it was happening until I looked. Heh.