Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class populations

OlosBC
09.05.2013 , 03:07 PM | #21
Epic level necromancers in the house.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

Trevalon
09.11.2013 , 07:38 PM | #22
Interesting stuff.

For those who have never taken stats, this sample size is large enough to extrapolate to the entire population of SWTOR so I would imagine most severs are very similar to this with some minor differences.

What I find most intriguing is that Snipers/Gunslingers tend to be the least represented of all classes - I would have guessed it would be Scoundrels/Operatives - seeing as DPS is usually higher played than healers.

GARhenus
09.24.2013 , 05:06 AM | #23
what i find more interesting is that people never bother to look up last post date

Wainamoinen
09.25.2013 , 04:28 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevalon View Post
Interesting stuff.

For those who have never taken stats, this sample size is large enough to extrapolate to the entire population of SWTOR so I would imagine most severs are very similar to this with some minor differences.

What I find most intriguing is that Snipers/Gunslingers tend to be the least represented of all classes - I would have guessed it would be Scoundrels/Operatives - seeing as DPS is usually higher played than healers.
I'd be slow to extrapolate from those figures - they're from Jan 2012 (a month after the game came out) on a server that no longer exists.

Though on a closely related note, I was looking at the number of Rep 55s on Red Eclipse last night at various times. Commando, Sent, Guardian and Sage all capped out at 100 (the max return) each time, so can't really tell how many from that, but Scoundrels, Gunslingers and Vanguards were around 60+ and Shadows at high 80s.

Did the same on Shadowlands Rep side and the numbers were lower (sub 100 in all classes, similar balance), though due to timezones that would have been five-to-six hours behind in their cycle, so before their real prime time.

For a proper comparison, you'd need to find the numbers in primetime, each day, for a number of weeks, both sides. Also, would be interesting to compare immediately before patch 2.4 (probably a fallow period with PvPers pretty inactive) to afterwards with arenas.

I'd post the numbers from last night, but would want to get some more first, and they're at home in any case.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

g_land
09.25.2013 , 07:00 AM | #25
Way to necro a godawful old thread from pre 1.2! Yes this is sooooo meaningful right now...
Goldeneyes - Guardian Tank
Owyn - Sage DPS
Guildmaster - Exiles of the Jedi
Guild Moto: Dirian, "A dirty kill is better than a clean wipe"

masih_ad_dajjal
09.25.2013 , 11:36 AM | #26
Most WZ's Ive been in in the past 6 mothns have a sniper or two once I think we even had 6. And obviously many are rolling Op heals now, also if I took a guess I would say mara/sent is played more as well now.

Based on my loose observation those numbers of old no longer hold.
Glasya-Labolas Legacy THE SHADOWLANDS

(HEALS) Uki'ona-Labolas, Mu'ona, Buku'ona, Mouren'yassa, Baka'ona, Shichibukai
(DPS) Funayurei, Bal'amon-Glasya, Ku'ona, Queen-Labolas, Masih'ona
(TANK) Masih'ad'dajjal, Q'uq'umatz,Tuoni'kalma

mfourcustom
09.25.2013 , 11:40 AM | #27
The servers I play on anyway tend to have 1-2 snipers 2-4 op heals 3+ smashers and every now and than you see a merc/mando or the rare and super useless powertech/vanguard.

a comp like 1-2 snipers 2-4 op heals 3+ smashers makes for really fun games...
unsubbed
Uninstalled
Learn to dev bioware.

Corran
10.17.2013 , 09:23 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by mfourcustom View Post
The servers I play on anyway tend to have 1-2 snipers 2-4 op heals 3+ smashers and every now and than you see a merc/mando or the rare and super useless powertech/vanguard.

a comp like 1-2 snipers 2-4 op heals 3+ smashers makes for really fun games...
explain the highlighted part
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

Fozy
10.23.2013 , 02:56 PM | #29
You guys seeing the horrible faction imbalance too? Do you think its the community and not just Bioware thats the problem?

Corran
10.23.2013 , 03:38 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Fozy View Post
You guys seeing the horrible faction imbalance too? Do you think its the community and not just Bioware thats the problem?
the faction imbalance has been an issue from day one.
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1