Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag/graphic issue

Majinkuei
09.10.2013 , 02:45 AM | #1
Since the last patch, I've been experiencing a weird lag/graphics issue. Everythings fine when I log in, select my toon and get in game. But, anywhere after about 30 seconds to a minute or more, suddenly everything lags. Checked my MS, normal. Checked my graphics car, updated driver. Shut down and restarted my computer and even ran a virus check, just in case. Everything came back normal. Just to make sure that it wasn't just my computer, I hopped on my WoW account, no issue. So whats going on? Bug? Lag issue? I hope its nothing serious and easibly fixable. Also, I really don't want to have to uninstall and reinstal if I don't have to. And oh, I checked the repair button, its grayed out. HELP MEH PLOX!!!!!

OwenBrooks
09.10.2013 , 02:52 AM | #2
I gather you have the letters ST on the launcher, with the game closed delete the folder called Bitraider and the file called DiskCacheArena.

If that doesn't fix it , you will need to look at temperatures, one game may play fine and another not is quite possible and still be due to a heat issue.

Majinkuei
09.10.2013 , 03:52 AM | #3
Well, I found DiskCacheArena and deleted it, but I'm not seeing anything called Bitraider... mispelling perhaps?

OwenBrooks
09.10.2013 , 03:54 AM | #4
Do you have the letters ST on the launcher ? if not when you login on the launcher just before you click play, click the cog on the lower left and select repair, you need to be logged in for the repair to light up.

Shehi
09.10.2013 , 01:53 PM | #5
Where should these letters ST be located on launcher?! Repaired, deleted CacheArena and can't find BiitRaider anywhere. Still no ST and game is laggy, can't play.

Majinkuei
09.10.2013 , 02:40 PM | #6
Didn't see ST anywhere, I deleted the DiskCacheArena, never found Bitraider, repair is still grayed out and lag still going strong

VassagoOmega
09.10.2013 , 03:48 PM | #7
When you first open your Launcher, look down to the bottom left corner. Does it have the letters ST in the corner?
TURRIS FORTIS MIHI DEUS
Awakened to Redemption A Christian Gaming Guild

Shehi
09.10.2013 , 04:17 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by VassagoOmega View Post
When you first open your Launcher, look down to the bottom left corner. Does it have the letters ST in the corner?
No, I don't and never had. Are you Premium player?

Btw, there was a global Internet lag Euroasia-wide, at certain times at certain geographies (must have something to do with Syria attack preps? :P): whole Internet goes terribly slow at certain hours, and then returns back to normal later on (no, it ain't by ISP: I checked with many people, this only happens in Euroasia region). So my lags definitely ain't EA related.

In short, I can play right now with zero lags.

Adric_the_Red
09.10.2013 , 04:36 PM | #9
The ST indicates you have the "streaming" version of the launcher, which will allow you to play while it downloads files in the background. This is OK if you have enough bandwidth, but can cause problems if you don't.

Majinkuei
09.11.2013 , 06:04 PM | #10
No, I do not have the ST in the launcher, but after doing everything I can possiblly think of, I can't fix the damn thing. I get one, everythings fine for 30 secs and then graphics go all laggy like, GRRR