Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

AlrikFassbauer
09.11.2013 , 05:03 AM | #811
Quote: Originally Posted by Bilirubin View Post
I'm betting it had something to do with butter snackers, amirite?
No, it had to do with the "Jawa Shadow". I misunderstood the gear description.

Here in Germany, we put butter mainly on bread or use it for baking / frying, which left me a bit puzzled what a "butter snacker" might be, though.
I'm a bad player.
I have no good reputation.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

EranofArcadia
09.11.2013 , 08:56 AM | #812
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
Here in Germany, we put butter mainly on bread or use it for baking / frying, which left me a bit puzzled what a "butter snacker" might be, though.
I assure you, butter snacking isn't really less weird in the US.

Jeweledleah
09.11.2013 , 10:48 AM | #813
/still giggling over butter story.

I had a very weird pug last night.

weird not that it was bad, but weird good.

got Lost Island on a baby sage (amusingly enough as dps - showing that there are times of day when dps is more in demand then healers o_O).

oh dear. group had people of varying levles....and nowhere near raid gear.

first weird thing - no one drops. tank starts pulling trash, not skipping. healer mentions never having done the flashpoint before. and then it becomes clear that I'm the only person who has ever doe this before. ah, no wonder no one dropped, they have no idea what they are getting into.

so I start giving out short overviews of bosses as we get to them, most likely forgetting things here and there, I haven't exactly done LI all that many times either, and as a healer, there are some things you never have to worry about, that dps and tank do.

we one shot everything but the bouncy guy (and that was more due to lag and how touchy positioning is on that boss - they were running in, just took a few tries to figure out exact spot) and bonus boss, because I forgot a crucial part of the fight (only got to bonus boss once, ever, pretty much every group imp side I've been in, skipped it)

and not one person, NOT ONE stood in green goo on Lorrik. not even a little. I was watching the debuff and no one got it.

I got into that flashpoint thinking it was going to be a PITA... and with all new people it went splendidly. reminded me why I fell in love with MMO's

Noodlegotagun
09.11.2013 , 10:58 AM | #814
Quote: Originally Posted by SWGEvictee View Post
I have dropped groups for the dps doing this. I find it highly insulting. I'm either the tank all the way through it I'm not. I refuse to run with DPS who only let me fulfill my role when they deem it necessary. I will not be the meat shield you only pull out for the boss fights.

A-FREAKING-MEN. I HATE HATE HATE when DPS (or even healers) do this. And I get put through it a LOT. I respecced my geared assassin tank into DPS and absolutely refused to tank anymore at all because of people like that, and also people who love to whine when I didn't do things their way, but that's another story altogether.

Of course, now that I re-read that post. I'm doing that exact thing. -shrug- So I'm a hypocrite. sue me.

Moral of the story? DON'T PISS OFF THE TANK!
Resa Pacus- 55 Sentinel <Valor Alliance> Resident Weirdo

"In some ways, even you are more capable than a Jedi. It is why i tolerate your presence now" - Kreia

AlrikFassbauer
09.11.2013 , 12:24 PM | #815
Quote: Originally Posted by EranofArcadia View Post
I assure you, butter snacking isn't really less weird in the US.
Thank you.

On a positive side, we had a weird, but weird in a positive sense, Mandalorian Raiders (normal story mode) run yesterday : 1 person in the 30s ( I think it was level 37), me 26, another one 27 I think, and another one in the early 20s.

All commandos, 1 vanguard ! And 2 of us had the "Grek" weapon from the cartel market !

No wipe. Everything was very smooth, only one commando died 2 or 3 times.

We didn't use the group finder, by the way. It was just a call on the republic fleet, and I just joined in.

Afterwards, one commando complained that "she" had no proper trooper helmet. At my suggestion we did Athiss afterwards and tada ! dropped an proper trooper helmet for her at the end boss !

Now that was fine.

Another short story is that of a Jedi I found at Sector X. He "needed" on ALMOST EVERYTHING as I went through the quests with him. I didn't care much about it since i already had fine equipment.

During a pause, I explained to him that this might speed up him getting on ignore lists and that he should be more careful with that, and better always ask. He needed on most things diuring the following two quests we did as well, but, I just didn't care much, since I scavenged anyway a LOT off the droids there and god almost all of the junk. (which I'm of course selling ).

I do hope that he'll be more careful in the future, since he wasn't that bad, actually, a decent fighter. But - I don't know.
I'm a bad player.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

Kampori
09.11.2013 , 05:26 PM | #816
Maybe I'm one of those 'weird' people, but I've just dropped 4 groups in a row (enduring the lockout each time) because no one said "hi", or even acknowledge each other before the pro I'm-too-good-for-you tank runs along and aggros everything in sight (I'm the healer atm).

Like, I'm not saying we need to introduce each other and invite them over for tea, but how *********** hard is it to say "hi". Takes less than a second.

More often than not (and infuriatingly this thing happens a lot to me), I'll ignore it and carry on, but it really irked me tonight. I just couldn't take it.

Meh.. just my pet peeve I guess.
This Is Not Here

Assassin l Marauder l Sniper l Mercenary l Sorcerer l Operative l Juggernaut ll Sith Empire
Scoundrel l Sentinel l Shadow l Gunslinger l Commando ll Galactic Republic
C.E.
The Glyndŵr Legacy. Server: Nightmare Lands (The Red Eclipse EU)

Referral link- you get stuff, I get stuff, we all get stuff. Share the love.

Noodlegotagun
09.11.2013 , 06:25 PM | #817
Quote: Originally Posted by SWGEvictee View Post
No that wasn't the reason. When DPS starts fights before I even log into the FP, when DPS runs ahead while I'm healing and jumps mobs, when I ask why and I am told "This is just crap trash that I don't need you for! You just stay back with the healer until I tell you you're needed!"

The fact is I'm not God's gift to Tanking. Therefore every chance I get to gather and hold agro on a proper pull helps me learn. I go the pace I go and any DPS that can't handle that and refuses to allow me to properly fulfill my role goes on my ignore list and gets to listen to the rest of the group rail at him/her for costing them a tank while he/she waits for another tank that's content to be their personal meatshield and come when called.
+1 again. I'm so sick of the excuses terribad DPS come up with to justify doing their job poorly. Keep doing what you're doing. Eventually, when they have to wait twice as long as everyone else for queues, because all the tanks have them on ignore, MAYBE they'll learn to get their craniums out of their rectums and do their job. And more importantly, let you do your job too.

And to the above poster, I can understand that frustration. Most people are just there for quick comms etc etc and don't even think about the social part of grouping for flashpoints anymore. When a game loses it's initial charm, civility is often one of the first casualties. For what it's worth, I try to at least say hi before I start pulling mobs.

I remember just the other day, our healer said hi, and told us he may not be at the top of his game because a family had died the night before. So we all made a point of running the flashpoint and kicking as much *** as possible for his deceased relative. It was awesome to see out of the community, really.
Resa Pacus- 55 Sentinel <Valor Alliance> Resident Weirdo

"In some ways, even you are more capable than a Jedi. It is why i tolerate your presence now" - Kreia

dreoff
09.11.2013 , 11:53 PM | #818
1. I had an op healer many months ago that stealthed, traded me 3 med packs and wished me "good luck, that's how I heal." I quit.

2. My friend (Sin tank) and I (Op healer) were in cadi and we had a DPS merc that had his aim and strength balanced. exactly. like he sat there and thought about it. He also had no enhancements or relics or implants. My friend and I could only assume he thought all that enhancing was unnatural. the sad part? we were so desperate to finish a FP we just went it and finished with a good deal of work.
"Great, a rhyming Jedi, how profound! And just what I need today."

AlrikFassbauer
09.12.2013 , 04:56 AM | #819
Quote: Originally Posted by dreoff View Post
1. I had an op healer many months ago that stealthed, traded me 3 med packs and wished me "good luck, that's how I heal." I quit.
Sure it wasn't any DPS ?
I'm a bad player.
I never will.
Only bad reputation.

Never_Hesitate
09.12.2013 , 06:33 AM | #820
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
I got into that flashpoint thinking it was going to be a PITA... and with all new people it went splendidly. reminded me why I fell in love with MMO's
They nerfed LI to be just above/on the level of the other lvl 50 HM fp's, it's a walk in the park now
waiting for ...