Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Latency explosion during login

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elminster_cs
09.09.2013 , 01:16 PM | #1
When i log into the game, after character selection, my latency grow up to 16k and more.
Here is pathping and tracer:

Spoiler

and
Spoiler

i have already flush the DNS with no result, anything else i can do? Thanks

UPDATE:
Here is my pingplotter image:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2vmaae8&s=5
as you can see my latency is near to 112ms on avarage, but here is my latency in game

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=117waqq&s=5
as you can see is 65k!!

UPDATE 2:
- sometimes i get 9000 error and i get disconnected
- in my http://192.168.0.1/ my router page if i opens swtor i have 0bit/sec in download
- this occur only with swtor in game, because i just download the patch at 600kb/sec or i can use any other page/download... but when log in into swtor i get often 0bit/sec
- this problem occur on two different pc with the same connection
- this problem only occur with my account, my girlfriend don't have any problem

- i have a big jitter only with swtor and during character login.
- the problem occur often, but sometimes i can log and play well. The ratio is 2/10 2 time i can log in fine, the other 8 no.
- Sometimes i can log in into the game, but if i click something in the game, the connection speed drop to 0bit/sec and start lagging to 60k of latency and more. After "loading" the thing i click, the download rate grow up to the normal rate and the latency drop. If i reclick the download rate drop again and i start to have big latency.

The problem occur ONLY with all my character on The red eclipse where i have all my MAIN.

EXAMPLE: READ

- If i click the cartel market into the red eclipse i start to have latency (connection drop to 0bit/sec and latency up to 68k)
- if i click the cartel market into the progenitor i have NO LATENCY (connection is up to 168KB/sec and latency near 100)

please i need help.
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.

Elminster_cs
09.09.2013 , 02:22 PM | #2
strange i'm not having problem on USA server, just the EU one.

Elminster_cs
09.10.2013 , 05:29 AM | #3
Bump, still having really big problem with latency only on EU servers. More than 60k sometimes.

OwenBrooks
09.10.2013 , 05:33 AM | #4
Run www.pingplotter.com set to the EU IP address in the background while you play, mind I am surprised you don't have issues playing on the US servers, given the nature of your connection.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html will likely help give it a go.

Edit - with the game closed delete the file called DiskCacheArena just in case but doubtful.

Elminster_cs
09.10.2013 , 11:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Run www.pingplotter.com set to the EU IP address in the background while you play, mind I am surprised you don't have issues playing on the US servers, given the nature of your connection.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html will likely help give it a go.

Edit - with the game closed delete the file called DiskCacheArena just in case but doubtful.

From what i can see, from pingplotter, i have two problem:

1) Some DNS lose packet in some cases, but i think is a provider problem.
2) From all (even BW) i have huge jitters around.

Anything i can do to fix jitters?

Shehi
09.10.2013 , 02:17 PM | #6
Same here, EU region. Dozens of players report the same problem. Any solutions to this EA?

Adric_the_Red
09.10.2013 , 05:32 PM | #7
I'm pretty sure fixing the internet is outside BW's purview.

Elminster_cs
09.11.2013 , 06:07 AM | #8
Bump, please read the updated first post and help.
Thanks.

OwenBrooks
09.11.2013 , 06:38 AM | #9
The ping plot isn't too bad to be honest, even with using mobile Wi-Fi , did you try the leatrix fix at all ? was the ping plot done when playing ?

you could try using a VPN to see if it makes any change at all, www.wtfast.com offer a 30 day trial, worth a trial even to see if it does/doesn't help.

Others have reported issues to EU recently though and may be related.

Elminster_cs
09.11.2013 , 06:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
The ping plot isn't too bad to be honest, even with using mobile Wi-Fi , did you try the leatrix fix at all ? was the ping plot done when playing ?

you could try using a VPN to see if it makes any change at all, www.wtfast.com offer a 30 day trial, worth a trial even to see if it does/doesn't help.

Others have reported issues to EU recently though and may be related.
Yes i have used the leatrix fix, but i can't see any good result.
Of course the pingplot was done during playing that is why i'm so confused, how can it says 112ms when i have 65k?

i will take a look, but the problem is recent, it start on one of the last update.
Another thing is that with low level character i'm not having big problem, because the information are lesser than the 55 level character.

So it seams that is having problem with lot of information, today i just download the patch ad 700Kb/sec...