Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vinko
09.11.2013 , 05:23 AM | #471
People will now think twice before buying the new expansion - wait until it will be announced free and either buy it for a title and cartel coins or wait little longer and just play free. Very smart decision guys.. lets forget about loyal subscribers to whom me owe possibilty to further game development - lets just give them sh**y title and lets give cartel coins to people who bought it now... thats so awesome business decision.

Nebdar
09.11.2013 , 05:57 AM | #472
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Beginning September 12, 2013, active Subscribers will receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge as a newly added benefit to the Subscriber Rewards Program! Rise of the Hutt Cartel offers the breathtaking planet of Makeb, five new levels of story-driven missions increasing the level cap to 55, and exciting technology devices which unlock valuable rewards.

Read More
Additionally, players who have already purchased Rise of the Hutt Cartel and are an active Subscriber on September 12 at 4:00AM PDT / 11:00AM GMT will receive a new title, “The Risen,” via in-game mail on or before September 25, 2013 as our appreciation for the purchase.

Finally, Subscribers who purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel between August 11, 2013 and September 12, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT will be granted 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins in appreciation for their recent purchase of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. The 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins will be granted by September 13, 2013 at 9:00AM PDT / 4:00PM GMT.
So you give incentive to be one time subscriber/buyer then loyal subscriber cause you will get additional rewards and bonuses??
Do you want me to be only looking for special occasion subscriber or full 12 month paying subscriber?
"This approach seems overly complicated. Can i use my lightsaber instead?"
Jedi Consular Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Sweet'blade Oddajmisie
Nebdul Nebdana

Zaitana
09.11.2013 , 05:58 AM | #473
all the complaining is totally justified... and here's my complaint. this is just the newest insult in a long, long line of insults to premium customers and loyal subscirbers. highlights include; those who bought the CE are still waiting for anything to be added to the CE vendor. ROTHC will be free for subscribers... oh, wait, sorry, that'll be $10 on top of your normal subscription fee. there will be 2 subscriber bonus' in july... er... sry, the second thing we had in mind is broken. lest just pretend we didn't promise that. new content every 6 weeks... bugs and all since BW apparently doesn't believe in testing squat. ability to purchase cc's in game coming in 2.3 and subs will get one halfprice purchase. ah, sry, we didn't test that and when we tried to launch it, it broke. lets pretend we didn't promise that.

dear BW/EA, spend a content cycle fixing bugs. put all the mounts and armor shells that have been removed from the game onto the CE vendor (should be easy and would finally fulfill a promise). and give all active subs who have purchased ROTHC the 1050 cc's. or don't and watch subscriptions continue to fall. I love the starwars, but am really not loving the lack of lube everytime BW/EA shafts us subs

bikearl
09.11.2013 , 06:07 AM | #474
Having paid a week later I received a 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins. Why do I need it if I am given the title? In the future, try not to rush to buy.

Altairien
09.11.2013 , 06:11 AM | #475
I'm sure to be in a tiny minority, but if I wanted the expansion, I would've purchased it. I deliberately haven't purchased it yet because I'm not done experiencing level 50 content on level. Perhaps if the expansion were a store item that I could claim at my convenience...

Also, while I know expansions are very often reduced in price and eventually (after years) given away, it seems giving it away after only 6 months is very premature. I'm sure it will have some measureable negative impact on purchases of the next expansion as some players opt to wait for it to be made available for free.

RahaylaCora
09.11.2013 , 06:20 AM | #476
I am one who will benefit for the free RofHC, so thanks a lot for that

But also i think you aimed this "reward" in the wrong way. Long time subscribers who bought RotHC should, at least, have the same reward as the new RotHC buyers. They are a constant and loyal support for the game, the project and the franchise. They deserve a better response. I only can think that this rewarding was planned by a marketing guy instead of a true player. You do good things and then, by any reason, you mess it .

Not complaining, just a constructive critic.

Brexten
09.11.2013 , 06:21 AM | #477
So first you tell us its free... Then you make us pay for it. Then you give it out to new customers for free and they also get CC, while the people who actually preordered get a frakking title? Seriously BW?!
I mean I get that you want to make the sub even more attractive, but screwing over your existing base of ROTHC buyers and subs to do so? Bad move... VERY bad move.

At least give the CC to everyone who bought the expansion. I am not asking for more CC because I preordered just ... Just give us something here..

AlaricSevGirl
09.11.2013 , 06:21 AM | #478
Guaranteed I will not buy early next time. A title, really, give us a special pet, maybe a different colored tauntaun, I've always wanted another one since I lost my old account, not a stupid, and I mean stupid title. I don't even care about the coins. I'd like to be appreciated as a subscriber with a tauntaun pet, snowy white.
The Terran One Legacy; Ebon Hawk server; Rhiordan, GL, Galactic Security Solutions (Republic) and Rhiorden, GL, The Imperial Black Court (Empire).

Santaro
09.11.2013 , 06:32 AM | #479
This is a slap in the face to all that have supported this game since day as a subscriber. So to say thankyou you give us a title ? Really that is an insult we should be rewarded the cartel coins, title, and a little extra to say thankyou for paying not playing. I been here since early access beta day 1. Pre -ordered the game months in advance as well as the expansion. Went to Comic Con to meet the developers because I believe in this game and its brand. Ty for really showing how much you care to your loyal supports by screwing them over.

shamfurdispray
09.11.2013 , 06:37 AM | #480
Quote: Originally Posted by bikearl View Post
Having paid a week later I received a 1050 Bonus Cartel Coins. Why do I need it if I am given the title? In the future, try not to rush to buy.
I don't think it's anyone's fault if they bought the expansion early, because they want to try the new contents, expand theirs gameplay or support the developer so in the future there will be more good quality contests instead of shallow cash grab content.

In fact everyone cannot foreseen the expansion likely to go free or get a big discount. I think the issue most people have problem with are the distinction on rewards matter between newly people who just bought the expansion last month but receive more value reward while people who purchased it long time ago, and still paying to contribute this game get something insignificant.

I personally sick with "You guys have several month of early access stop whining!" many of people here are alot of loyal long period subscribers who feels cheated but they want to voice theirs own opinion. They have right to complain as much as you have right to complain about theirs complaining, and this game wouldn't survive without the loyal subscribers's support.

On in other note my suggestion is give the cartel coins as compensation to everyone who purchased the expansion before september 12th. This will make people happy or feels equally appreciated. BioWare encourage more subscription, expand its community and earned the loyal subscribers base loyalty. I say its a win win here.