Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance is destroying my guild!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance is destroying my guild!

PseudoScience
09.10.2013 , 08:51 PM | #1
I am apart of a guild that is APAC and it seems we need to become f###### fortune tellers or astrologists to predict when you guys are going to do maintenance in our time slot. Take a look into the crystal ball and you'll see my guild has only been able to run on Wednesday once in the past month. We even tried a Friday run last week because you guys chose Wednesday AGAIN!!! And surprise surf######prise Friday was a maintenance as well!

Is there something in the water over at Bioware?
What chromosome is missing from your employees?
Are you a bunch of IT nerds that lack basic communication skills and shudder at the thought of human interaction?
Do you even know who the President of the US is?
I'm beginning to wonder.

Inform your customers so we can make contingency plans!!! That would be a great first step and secondly how about sticking to your regular maintenance time frames instead of continuing to run this ad hoc circus you guys have going on at Bioware.

I also suggest taking classes in MMO Management 101, Communication 101 and taking some customer relationship management courses wouldn't hurt either.

Is Wednesday your new maintenance time? If so, LET US KNOW! And stop f###### us around.

Peace.
APAC

cabled
09.10.2013 , 09:40 PM | #2
well, they did go on record to commt that they would give more notice for scheduled maintenance. as I see that the word has been omitted form today's notice and it's supposed to be a short (under 2 hours) window as promised, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for today's session
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

SteveMellross
09.10.2013 , 10:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by cabled View Post
well, they did go on record to commt that they would give more notice for scheduled maintenance. as I see that the word has been omitted form today's notice and it's supposed to be a short (under 2 hours) window as promised, I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt for today's session
I don't care if it's just two hours. It's right in the middle of our three hour raid time screwing us out of a night. And then they will probably break something during the patch and screw us out of tomorrow night as well to fix that.
Elzilcho Mercenary Level 55
Character Profile (Ask Mr. Robot)

PseudoScience
09.10.2013 , 10:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveMellross View Post
I don't care if it's just two hours. It's right in the middle of our three hour raid time screwing us out of a night. And then they will probably break something during the patch and screw us out of tomorrow night as well to fix that.
Exactly!!

If it was 3 hours before or after this time it would be no issue at all.
APAC

cabled
09.10.2013 , 10:50 PM | #5
well, to be fair, there are also people who raid 3 hours before or after you. i'm not saying that it doesn't affect you or that it should affect you more or less or anything like that.

just stating that it's a little unfair to say that its fine +/- 3 hours just because it doesn't affect you at that time.

unnscheduled downtime is bad. period.

PseudoScience
09.10.2013 , 10:55 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by cabled View Post
well, to be fair, there are also people who raid 3 hours before or after you. i'm not saying that it doesn't affect you or that it should affect you more or less or anything like that.

just stating that it's a little unfair to say that its fine +/- 3 hours just because it doesn't affect you at that time.

unnscheduled downtime is bad. period.
The problem is this has been going on for the last couple of months. I can accept the scheduled downtime and the occasional unscheduled downtime but to have ongoing maintenance on the fly is just too chaotic to operate a guild under.
APAC

cabled
09.10.2013 , 11:26 PM | #7
yup, i understand that sentiment completely. my raid teams are affected by this as well. like i said, there was a commitment that they would give more notice on scheduled maintenance being moved. i'm willing to accept this last interruption since there is a percentage of the population affected by the "return to character select" issue. hopefully it'll be no more then half an hour as has happened on previous quick-fix patches....

Iceman_sith
09.11.2013 , 01:25 AM | #8
Yeah, this is getting stupid several weeks now of not being able to make any progression, too many lost Ops night, or even just lost play time 2 hours maintenance in the middle of 3-4 hours i can play in an evening.
Eviros SageStulloQuo-Jin Guardian

Isakell
09.11.2013 , 01:26 AM | #9
Agreed,
Wed maintenance is a problem for APAC customers at the current "regular" time slot. This is also exasperated by being the first evening for us to conduct Ops right after the reset.

Put maintenance back on Tuesday nights when everyone is just waiting for the reset.

alfredftw
09.11.2013 , 03:31 AM | #10
If it was a rarity i wouldnt be too concerned, but 8 pm sydney time on a wednesday, the first reasonable time of a new raid week for apac players must be the busiest raid day/time apac has.

My biggest question though is this, if there was no maintenance yesterday, im gonna assume that the bug or whatever thy are fixing isn't a new one, Probably cropped up last Wednesday when they did maintenance. Which means they had probably 4-5 days to fix this problem and run maintenance yesterday, but instead of chucking in a few extra hrs of over time to get it done by then they just pushed maintenance back a day.

It's the tight *** nature of this entire affair that really annoys me, when something is broken in the Cartel market, they have it fixed in an hr because it affects them, when its something that affects us it takes them a week to figure it out and screws us around even more because they dont care enough to push for a deadline on the fix. They Should be kicking asses and getting their **** together for a tuesday maintenance instead of pushing it back because itll save them a few bucks.