Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is PVP'ing a "good" way to level up?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is PVP'ing a "good" way to level up?

Xakthul
09.08.2013 , 06:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaisernick View Post
did u buy all the character perks that boost your xp gain in warzones?

use them and buying the pvp xp boost things from the gtn will help.
This.

Until you hit 25, run FPs to get modable gear and creds. This allows you to get the much-revered Legacy and possibly guild XP boosts up to scratch. (I make sure to always join or create a guild and bring it up to 10% XP boost by recruiting). If the FP gear isn't good for you, sell it to other players and make a motherload of money.

Until 25, any day in PvP is "A good day to die"
Lord J'mpok Mogh
His Story: Sith Happens
The Powers of Time Lost: That Different RP Idea
"Aim for the trolls! Kill the trolls!"- Gandalf, Return of the King

GARhenus
09.09.2013 , 03:17 PM | #22
At lvl 30 (later parts of nar shaddaa), I started doing only pvp quests and all available space missions. I was only online for a couple of hours per day due to work but I got my xp bar moving to almost 20-30% every time. I hit lvl 50 on belsavis then worked on the remainder of the story with an augmented War Hero gear + healer companion in recruit mk2. You'll feel like an invulnerable Jedi all the way!

When I got the digital expansion last sunday, I did 2 warzone dailies, all available space missions at that point, plus section x, black hole, and belsavis dailies. I didn't even bother with Illum dailies and I hit lvl 55 in less than 10 hours ( 5 hours sunday, 5 hours the next.

Another advantage of mainly PvPing to level is the insane amount of rest bonus you get so if you want to switch back to pve just don that lvl 20/40 suit you can buy at coruscant/dromund kaas and do quests that are around your level.

Saacius
09.10.2013 , 01:38 PM | #23
I've leveled multiple characters through both.

With all the legacy unlocks, leveling through doing the on rails questing is much faster. PVP is simply too unreliable at times. One of my characters I leveled completely through pvp would occasionally lose 6-7 sometimes or more games in a row. Not to mention if you aren't playing during peak hours, the queue time is going to be forever.

It usually takes an entire extra day of in-game playtime to hit level cap on a pvp character, compared to my normal ones. Not a big deal if you aren't in a hurry to hit 55, if it is, then just grind out those boring as hell quests.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.