Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LtGeneralGezlin
09.10.2013 , 12:43 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
First thought - they're getting ready for announcement and release of the 2nd expansion. I still think it's gonna be in Spring but now I'm starting to wonder if they're making SSSP into a Christmas expansion
I could see this making the most sense. Also, it would a first, in the MMO world, I think.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

DAMossimo
09.10.2013 , 12:43 PM | #92
This announcement sends just one simple message to me:

Hold out and don't purchase anything - eventually you'll get it for free, or at least get a better deal on it.

Not sure if that is the message they intend to convey, but that is how I'm interpreting it...

Haggardbr
09.10.2013 , 12:44 PM | #93
What about those who bought the expansion before it was released and not only within the period you have set? Will we get the 1050 CC as well or just the "awesome" (not to say the opposite) title?

Because if we that pre-ordered the expansion don't get the CCs, it's better not to pre-order the upcoming ones and wait to get them as free.
Sarah'kerrígan Jhom Kérrigan Jhota
Suarel

LtGeneralGezlin
09.10.2013 , 12:45 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Nemisis View Post
... Its still a slap to the face for those of us that paid for this....
Quote: Originally Posted by Iamrock View Post
Yet another slap in the face for us loyal subscribers who preordered the expansion.
What is it with some MMO players and the term "Slap in the face"?
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

AlixMV
09.10.2013 , 12:45 PM | #95
I think what sticks in my craw about the announced plan is that any advantage the "six month early access" for those that paid money for the expansion had will vanish in less than one month, and that the reward is being given to paid subscribers doing less to support the game financially than the people who ordered early and get...a title.

And if you were late to purchase RotHC, congratulations, you won the lottery and got a way more tangible perk than those who arguably were more loyal and pre-ordered.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Lor'rysi

DarthTHC
09.10.2013 , 12:45 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
This announcement sends just one simple message to me:

Hold out and don't purchase anything - eventually you'll get it for free, or at least get a better deal on it.

Not sure if that is the message they intend to convey, but that is how I'm interpreting it...
They are counting on the large audience of people who think players can "win" in an MMO to always be early adopters.

Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
I think what sticks in my craw about the announced plan is that any advantage the "six month early access" for those that paid money for the expansion had will vanish in less than one month, and that the reward is being given to paid subscribers doing less to support the game financially as those who are supporting it, who get...a title. And if you were late to purchase RotHC, congratulations, you won the lottery and got a way more tangible perk than those who arguably were more loyal and pre-ordered.
Ooh, good point. I forgot about the whole lottery aspect of the 1050CC. That only serves to increase the negative incentive to purchase anything early that is embedded in and reinforced by this offer.

FlatheadMonster
09.10.2013 , 12:46 PM | #97
I feel like the title "The Risen" doesn't even make any sense in the context of what "The Rise of the Hutt Cartel" was. How exactly did our characters become "The Risen" during the story? That must have taken like what 5 minutes to think up? And another 5 to create?

More to the point, the title should be something that more accurately reflects the situation here today. I suggest that they change the free title to "The Sucker", "The Naive", "The Exploited", "The Cash Cow", or "The One Who Should Have Seen It Coming".
ELOCMACRUS - Sentinel

DocWookieChris
09.10.2013 , 12:46 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
My example was bad, but yours is worse. Nicely done.
A real world scenario is worse than a flawed premise that would never happen? your right. i beg your forgiveness. let's give this man his $10 back. its obvious the biggest travesty here is that the community that supported bioware for adding new content had to put up with him for the past 6 months.

Kalshic
09.10.2013 , 12:46 PM | #99
A few questions to people that bought it day that are complaining:
Were you okay with your purchase 2 hours ago before knowing this?
Were you satisfied with the content for the last 6 months?
If you answered no to the above 2: Why are you still playing?
Would you have honestly been okay with playing the vanilla version of this game for 6 months? And paying for it?
If no, then why are you complaining now?

FarmerDroid
09.10.2013 , 12:47 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Mureyu View Post
Why dont everyone get the coins instead of those that are just getting it?