Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Nemisis
09.10.2013 , 12:37 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalshic View Post
Except they won't. Because they'll run out of content and cave seeing everyone in new gear, with a higher level and they'll buy it.

They get 1050 coins for recently buying something that's going free in 2 days. Your perk was 6 months of new content.

Really people, this only affects people just joining(Or those who have joined in the last month). Stop complaining because you didn't get something, this will only benefit people that got this game 6 months ago.

Dude, get off the 'Bioware Defence Force' already. I also find your logic extreamly flawed and heres why. So what if they are JUST NOW buying the expansion. So what if some of us bought it back 6 months ago and supported them. Its still a slap to the face for those of us that paid for this, and now some others are getting it for free of charge? IMHO they need to give those 1050 CC to everyone that paid 10 bucks for the expansion and call it a day. And BTW my perk was not new content dude, we had to PAY for it, and now some folks are getting a free ride just for waiting it out or being late comers? Now I have no issues with them doing that for new folks, but don't crap on your loyal fanbase that supported you either, take care of them!
THE SITH CODE - Peace is a lie, there is only passion.Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.Through Power I gain victory.Through victory my chains are broken.The force shall set me free...

Kalshic
09.10.2013 , 12:37 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Snakebelow View Post
Now, this.... telling me that my entire guild paid $10 dollars (netting them around $500 in income) and what do we get for it? A title... while the people who quit and come back... get it for free..... and everyone who recently bought gets coins. So everyone gets something worth value... except us loyal subscribers from day 1.

I
You got a statue, you got 6 months of entertainment. Is that not what you wanted when you purchased it?

Quote:
Dude, get off the 'Bioware Defence Force' already. I also find your logic extreamly flawed and heres why. So what if they are JUST NOW buying the expansion. So what if some of us bought it back 6 months ago and supported them. Its still a slap to the face for those of us that paid for this, and now some others are getting it for free of charge? IMHO they need to give those 1050 CC to everyone that paid 10 bucks for the expansion and call it a day. And BTW my perk was not new content dude, we had to PAY for it, and now some folks are getting a free ride just for waiting it out or being late comers? Now I have no issues with them doing that for new folks, but don't crap on your loyal fanbase that supported you either, take care of them!
Dude, stop acting entitled to everything under the sun. You paid for the content and you got it, you got 6 months of being entertained. If you weren't entertained you could've left 5 months ago, but it seems like you were since you stayed so I'm going to assume you got what you paid for too.

Pietrastor
09.10.2013 , 12:38 PM | #83
First thought - they're getting ready for announcement and release of the 2nd expansion. I still think it's gonna be in Spring but now I'm starting to wonder if they're making SSSP into a Christmas expansion

FluxAB
09.10.2013 , 12:38 PM | #84
Apologies if I missed this, but has any info been said about if you will keep the expansion if your sub expires after September 12th and you go to Preferred status?

ZionHalcyon
09.10.2013 , 12:38 PM | #85
Title is ok, but I'd say give everyone the coins.
BobVader - We will always remember.
Remain civil in the face of incivility, lest you be the barbarian.

Caladhir
09.10.2013 , 12:39 PM | #86
At first I thought "oh, poo!" since I bought the expansion 2 weeks ago, then I realized I get a title and a good lump of cartel coins. Which I don't mind at all Overall a good strategic move, perhaps a new expansion will be revealed soon?

DarthTHC
09.10.2013 , 12:39 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by DocWookieChris View Post
Here why don't I give you a much more realistic example for you to work with. you bought an ipone when it came out. you paid unrealistic amounts of cash for it. you loved it and flaunted it in your friends' face because they didnt have it. 6 months later you heard a rumor about a super secret space project....errr i mean a new version of the iphone...before you know it the price on that iphone you paid butloads for is going out for free to people buying new plans. THE OUTRAGE. HOW DARE THEY. Good thing stuff like this doesnt actually happen.
My example was bad, but yours is worse. Nicely done.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Exly
09.10.2013 , 12:40 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
First thought - they're getting ready for announcement and release of the 2nd expansion. I still think it's gonna be in Spring but now I'm starting to wonder if they're making SSSP into a Christmas expansion
I hope that they do make the space thing an expansion. That way I will not feel bad when I decide not to purchase it.

Iamrock
09.10.2013 , 12:42 PM | #89
Yet another slap in the face for us loyal subscribers who preordered the expansion.

Darth_Nemisis
09.10.2013 , 12:43 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Hot. A face slap and last straw in the same post. Thumbs-up to you, sir! You have mastered the Art of Foruming!
I agree with everything you just said, and im in the exact same boat as you are.
THE SITH CODE - Peace is a lie, there is only passion.Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.Through Power I gain victory.Through victory my chains are broken.The force shall set me free...