Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SparkTangent
09.10.2013 , 12:06 PM | #11
So you're telling me as a Day 1 subscriber, I just bought a $10 title? Even after pre-ordering RoTHC back during it's initial release?

bamapark
09.10.2013 , 12:07 PM | #12
How about fixing the issue where those of us that have paid can't access our main toons for three days now? I'd rather you focus on that than sucking up to those that don't want to spend more money getting a "damaged product". You are rapidly making paid customers look elsewhere for their gaming entertainment (and you don't even seem to care).

TheNahash
09.10.2013 , 12:07 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Sigh. Oh well, its really not worth getting annoyed about.
No, it's not. After we got what we paid for.
The gift just seems so... insignificant.
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

Icebergy
09.10.2013 , 12:08 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SparkTangent View Post
So you're telling me as a Day 1 subscriber, I just bought a $10 title? Even after pre-ordering RoTHC back during it's initial release?
You paid for 6 months of access to RotHC.

The title is pretty insignificant, but at least keep your complaints in perspective.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

mleischer
09.10.2013 , 12:10 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SparkTangent View Post
Um, you got to play it for 6 months that you otherwise wouldn't have been able to. Besides, if $10 is such a huge deal, maybe you shouldn't be playing MMO's...

Bought_by_Blood
09.10.2013 , 12:10 PM | #16
This is an absolute joke. I mean I appreciate Bioware trying to bring new players and new subs into the game I love, the more players the better, but you really have to stop treating your loyal customers like crap.

We payed for the game. A few months later everyone else got it for free, we got a crappy title. We payed for the expansion, now people are getting it free, we get another crappy title.

Figure it out. It is embarrassing to your company how badly you have handled this sort of stuff.
You are a warrior. I am a killer. Unleash me on your enemies; but see my example, so that you never become like me. To walk anothers path is to walk a false path.
Nephilhim

Kalshic
09.10.2013 , 12:11 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by bamapark View Post
How about fixing the issue where those of us that have paid can't access our main toons for three days now? I'd rather you focus on that than sucking up to those that don't want to spend more money getting a "damaged product". You are rapidly making paid customers look elsewhere for their gaming entertainment (and you don't even seem to care).
You realize it was probably a different department than the developers that decided to give the expansion to subscribers, right? So while they could be working on that someone else can give out an expansion for free.

Qvasar
09.10.2013 , 12:11 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
My fourth thought is: 'wait, why are people that are buying the expansion 6 months late getting CCs and I, a loyal customer who preordered it, am not?'
This is the point that needs to be addressed. Granted Bioware doesn't owe us anything. However, rewarding the recent (late) purchases while completely ignoring the loyal customers who preordered on day #1 is not a smart move. It antagonizes the customers and whenever another expansion is released they will most likely not pre-order and wait and see what happens...

My simple suggestion: Give the1050CC to everyone who purchased RoTHC.

CommanderKeeva
09.10.2013 , 12:13 PM | #19
If you were ever going to offer this up for free, you should have said as much before. In essence, everyone who bought RotHC before the day after tomorrow (not to mention those of us who pre-ordered it in December) just bought 5 months of early access. Even if you didn't know the exact date of when this was going free, you should have been up front with your customers and let us know that eventually it would become free.

I believe everyone who bought RotHC before it becomes free would be more deserving of that 1050 Cartel Coins. Who would you expect to buy it now anyways if it's going F2P in two days?

I'll take what I can get (in this case a title to my already miles long list of useless titles) but once again, I'm thoroughly disappointed with how Bioware handles its customers.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Kalshic
09.10.2013 , 12:14 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
This is the point that needs to be addressed. Granted Bioware doesn't owe us anything. However, rewarding the recent (late) purchases while completely ignoring the loyal customers who preordered on day #1 is not a smart move. It antagonizes the customers and whenever another expansion is released they will most likely not pre-order and wait and see what happens...

My simple suggestion: Give the1050CC to everyone who purchased RoTHC.
Makes perfect sense to me, they just bought it and its now free. Usually things come with money back guarantees for short periods. You had the expansion for 6 months and could get a head start on everything. None of this really affects you if you bought it 6 months ago. The only thing you'll see is more people that are level 55 and you can play with. Is that SO bad?

Quote:
f you were ever going to offer this up for free, you should have said as much before. In essence, everyone who bought RotHC before the day after tomorrow (not to mention those of us who pre-ordered it in December) just bought 5 months of early access. Even if you didn't know the exact date of when this was going free, you should have been up front with your customers and let us know that eventually it would become free.

I believe everyone who bought RotHC before it becomes free would be more deserving of that 1050 Cartel Coins. Who is going to buy it now anyway if it's going F2P in two days?

I'll take what I can get (in this case a title to my already miles long list of useless titles) but once again, I'm thoroughly disappointed with how Bioware handles its customers.
Do you HONESTLY think they thought they'd be giving it away for free 6 months ago? Do you also think they planned to make this game f2p? They're changes made for the better and to keep the game alive. If you want a dead game then yeah, make everyone pay. If you don't then why are you complaining about something that doesn't affect you?