Rise of the Hutt Cartel – Free to Subscribers Starting September 12th!

CourtneyWoods

Beginning September 12, 2013, active Subscribers will receive the first Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel free of charge as a newly added benefit to the Subscriber Rewards Program! Rise of the Hutt Cartel offers the breathtaking planet of Makeb, five new levels of story-driven missions increasing the level cap to 55, and exciting technology devices which unlock valuable rewards.

Read More

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about giving the Cartel Coins to all subscribers who already purchased the expansion, regardless of when they did it? Giving "The Risen" only to early buyers is okay, but I think they also deserve a little bit more than just an in-game vanity item, especially if compared to the benefits for recent buyers.

Otherwise, I am fine with this. :)

um... a title?

Really?

:rolleyes:

My first thought is that the title is really lackluster.

My second was that they really don't owe us anything and its nice to get something at all.

But my third thought is pretty much the same as yours 'a title, really?' Honestly they might as well have just given us nothing.

My fourth thought is: 'wait, why are people that are buying the expansion 6 months late getting CCs and I, a loyal customer who preordered it, am not?'

Sigh. Oh well, its really not worth getting annoyed about.

Edited by Icebergy

I came here thinking, "This is going to be so entertaining."

And it will be.

Oh yes. It will be.

Rewarding late adopters and non-adopters to a far greater degree than early adopters ensures the entertainment value of this decision and this thread. :cool:

Edited by DarthTHC

My second was that they really don't owe us anything and its nice to get something at all.

But my third thought is pretty much the same as yours 'a title, really?' Honestly they might as well have just given us nothing.

My first thought was people will complain about anything.

My second thought was people will complain that they now have more people to play with and more people to group with for things.

My third thought is you purchased it earlier and are now progressively further than the people just now getting it.

How about fixing the issue where those of us that have paid can't access our main toons for three days now? I'd rather you focus on that than sucking up to those that don't want to spend more money getting a "damaged product". You are rapidly making paid customers look elsewhere for their gaming entertainment (and you don't even seem to care).

So you're telling me as a Day 1 subscriber, I just bought a $10 title? Even after pre-ordering RoTHC back during it's initial release?

You paid for 6 months of access to RotHC.

The title is pretty insignificant, but at least keep your complaints in perspective.

So you're telling me as a Day 1 subscriber, I just bought a $10 title? Even after pre-ordering RoTHC back during it's initial release?

Um, you got to play it for 6 months that you otherwise wouldn't have been able to. Besides, if $10 is such a huge deal, maybe you shouldn't be playing MMO's...

This is an absolute joke. I mean I appreciate Bioware trying to bring new players and new subs into the game I love, the more players the better, but you really have to stop treating your loyal customers like crap.

We payed for the game. A few months later everyone else got it for free, we got a crappy title. We payed for the expansion, now people are getting it free, we get another crappy title.

Figure it out. It is embarrassing to your company how badly you have handled this sort of stuff.

How about fixing the issue where those of us that have paid can't access our main toons for three days now? I'd rather you focus on that than sucking up to those that don't want to spend more money getting a "damaged product". You are rapidly making paid customers look elsewhere for their gaming entertainment (and you don't even seem to care).

You realize it was probably a different department than the developers that decided to give the expansion to subscribers, right? So while they could be working on that someone else can give out an expansion for free.

My fourth thought is: 'wait, why are people that are buying the expansion 6 months late getting CCs and I, a loyal customer who preordered it, am not?'

This is the point that needs to be addressed. Granted Bioware doesn't owe us anything. However, rewarding the recent (late) purchases while completely ignoring the loyal customers who preordered on day #1 is not a smart move. It antagonizes the customers and whenever another expansion is released they will most likely not pre-order and wait and see what happens...

My simple suggestion: Give the1050CC to everyone who purchased RoTHC.

If you were ever going to offer this up for free, you should have said as much before. In essence, everyone who bought RotHC before the day after tomorrow (not to mention those of us who pre-ordered it in December) just bought 5 months of early access. Even if you didn't know the exact date of when this was going free, you should have been up front with your customers and let us know that eventually it would become free.

I believe everyone who bought RotHC before it becomes free would be more deserving of that 1050 Cartel Coins. Who would you expect to buy it now anyways if it's going F2P in two days?

I'll take what I can get (in this case a title to my already miles long list of useless titles) but once again, I'm thoroughly disappointed with how Bioware handles its customers.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

This is the point that needs to be addressed. Granted Bioware doesn't owe us anything. However, rewarding the recent (late) purchases while completely ignoring the loyal customers who preordered on day #1 is not a smart move. It antagonizes the customers and whenever another expansion is released they will most likely not pre-order and wait and see what happens...

My simple suggestion: Give the1050CC to everyone who purchased RoTHC.

Makes perfect sense to me, they just bought it and its now free. Usually things come with money back guarantees for short periods. You had the expansion for 6 months and could get a head start on everything. None of this really affects you if you bought it 6 months ago. The only thing you'll see is more people that are level 55 and you can play with. Is that SO bad?

f you were ever going to offer this up for free, you should have said as much before. In essence, everyone who bought RotHC before the day after tomorrow (not to mention those of us who pre-ordered it in December) just bought 5 months of early access. Even if you didn't know the exact date of when this was going free, you should have been up front with your customers and let us know that eventually it would become free.

I believe everyone who bought RotHC before it becomes free would be more deserving of that 1050 Cartel Coins. Who is going to buy it now anyway if it's going F2P in two days?

I'll take what I can get (in this case a title to my already miles long list of useless titles) but once again, I'm thoroughly disappointed with how Bioware handles its customers.

Do you HONESTLY think they thought they'd be giving it away for free 6 months ago? Do you also think they planned to make this game f2p? They're changes made for the better and to keep the game alive. If you want a dead game then yeah, make everyone pay. If you don't then why are you complaining about something that doesn't affect you?

Edited by Kalshic

Sigh. Oh well, its really not worth getting annoyed about.

you got to do the expansion for 6 months, get a lvl 55 character and all the perks, probably several characters.

wheres the new people (like myself ) bought it less then a month ago and probably haven't even had a chance to even use it yet (my highest character is 42) and to have it now free less then a month later was a waste of $10,

i feel that giving me the $10 amount of cartel coins to offset my purchase of the expansion is appropriate (it's within the 30 day return policy that 99% of stores these days have after all ) look at it like you paid $10 for a 5 month head start above everybody else.

also, question to devs: what happens if/when my subscription runs out? do i lose access to the hutt cartel?

edit: butt hurt early subscribers who want cartel coins to offset 5 months worth of entertainment make me lol at their logic.

i'll give you my 1050 cartel coins if you give me 5 months of overtime at my job :)

Edited by homsikpanda

Yeah it seems like if people that bought it in the past month get cartel coins everyone that has purchased in should get coins.. that seems really crappy..

A head start doesnt mean anything.. if i could have gotten it for free i wouldnt have paid for it regardless of the wait

Edited by Tenebram

You realize it was probably a different department than the developers that decided to give the expansion to subscribers, right? So while they could be working on that someone else can give out an expansion for free.

I fully understand this, but it would be nice to see that those of us unable to play our toons will get some kind of compensation for the frustration (or even acknowledgement it's happening) instead of seeing them just giving away the game. The handling of this latest patch and the ensuing problems does not go over well when they turn right around and give away the game. Makes one wonder if they actually care about those that have faithfully paid to play the game.