Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

HM Styrak question


bsbrad's Avatar


bsbrad
09.09.2013 , 02:19 PM | #1
Was doing this last night with the guildies and wasn't sure if the mechanic of a 6k/s hit when the 2nd Dragon appears seemed bugged. From what I have read it should only do about 2k/s, at 6k/s the healers couldn't keep us up for more than a couple of secs.

We checked that the dragon hadn't enraged so something else must be going on, is there a mechanic we missed when the dragon comes out, like the spikes and stacking behind the tank for instance??

Our raid composition was 1 Jug, 1 Sin, 2 Sorc healers, 1 Merc, 1 Mara, 1 Sniper and 1 Sorc DPS.

We did have a bugged out Olok where the Artillery droids were 1-shotting people for 40k+ at the beginning of the 2nd phase although this was solved (after an hour of scratching our heads) by making sure the 7 ppl who got that far in the raid were all in the instance before inviting the 8th member.

Any advice is appreciated.
N'abi
Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

alxmdsn's Avatar


alxmdsn
09.09.2013 , 02:26 PM | #2
Hmm, are you talking about the first or second dragon? When we were still progressing on this we had trouble at the end but never the beginning. This video might help.

http://youtu.be/tAj22haVlns

Label Boss/A&R/Co-Founder Macro Records LLC
http://www.thisismacro.com

bsbrad's Avatar


bsbrad
09.09.2013 , 02:37 PM | #3
The 2nd Dragon, and looking at your vid it looks like you were taking nowhere near the damage that we took when the dragon came out. We dropped two cuddle puddles and stacked everyone close to Styrak and was still taking way too much damage from the jumps. There must be something we are missing or this part of the fight was bugged.
N'abi
Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

raidmac's Avatar


raidmac
09.09.2013 , 03:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
The 2nd Dragon, and looking at your vid it looks like you were taking nowhere near the damage that we took when the dragon came out. We dropped two cuddle puddles and stacked everyone close to Styrak and was still taking way too much damage from the jumps. There must be something we are missing or this part of the fight was bugged.
There is a tank swap mechanic involved with the last kell dragon, he places a debuff on the tank and there needs to be a swap when the stack reached 4-5.
3x Deposer of the Dread Masters 2x Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Learning to heal, the next frontier

bsbrad's Avatar


bsbrad
09.09.2013 , 04:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by raidmac View Post
There is a tank swap mechanic involved with the last kell dragon, he places a debuff on the tank and there needs to be a swap when the stack reached 4-5.
Yep we were doing this.....just wondering if the rest of the raid needs to be behind the dragon, in front or what??? From the guides I have seen it is suggested that the raid stay close to Styrak as the further the raid is away from Styrak the more damage the dragon does but we tried a few times and this didn't seem to nullify the massive AOE damage we were experiencing.
N'abi
Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

raidmac's Avatar


raidmac
09.09.2013 , 04:16 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
Yep we were doing this.....just wondering if the rest of the raid needs to be behind the dragon, in front or what??? From the guides I have seen it is suggested that the raid stay close to Styrak as the further the raid is away from Styrak the more damage the dragon does but we tried a few times and this didn't seem to nullify the massive AOE damage we were experiencing.
The dragon itself has no cleave, but this part is very healing intensive, and took my raid group a few tries to be able to heal through it. I would recommend popping a sniper bubble if you have one and everyone else should pop a cd. My group fights the dragon at the wall to prep for styrak. I do not think it matters where you fight the dragon as I have fought him next to styrak and at the wall. I dont want to be an elitist, but a lot of people claim the fights fights are bugged, but for the most part mechanics are usually missed.

one other thing, when you were checking for enrage, you need to see if styrak himself is enraged, if he is enraged the dragon itself will do a lot more damage.
3x Deposer of the Dread Masters 2x Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Learning to heal, the next frontier

bsbrad's Avatar


bsbrad
09.09.2013 , 04:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by raidmac View Post
The dragon itself has no cleave, but this part is very healing intensive, and took my raid group a few tries to be able to heal through it. I would recommend popping a sniper bubble if you have one and everyone else should pop a cd. My group fights the dragon at the wall to prep for styrak. I do not think it matters where you fight the dragon as I have fought him next to styrak and at the wall. I dont want to be an elitist, but a lot of people claim the fights fights are bugged, but for the most part mechanics are usually missed.
That is what I am trying to find out, I believe we may have missed a mechanic. I just do not know which one. My original premise is still that the dragon is hitting almost 6k/s when smashing which is tearing through our raid. The guides suggest this should be about 2k/s which is much more manageable, I was doing 3.7k HPS on this fight. My only guess is we missed a mechanic that applies a party wide dmg reduction or something. The numbers we are seeing just are not what is seen on other videos. Even in NM difficulty these numbers seem extreme, my other guess is a hidden enrage but again this assumes we missed a mechanic. I am just trying to find out which one we missed.

As stated in the Olok fight we also had a couple of pulls where the Artillery droids on the front row were hitting us for 40k, the only way we got around that was resetting the phase and inviting the person who didn't progress as far as the rest of the raid only when we were all in.

Styrak was not enraged at least to the best of my knowledge.
N'abi
Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

raidmac's Avatar


raidmac
09.09.2013 , 04:45 PM | #8
The only thing that could be possibly happening is that you are hitting enrage. I believe you need to get styrak down to 15% before a 5th manifestation or you will hit enrage( it may be less, cant remember right now). But it seems that you guys are hitting enrage if it is doing that much damage. This fight is a tough dps check, but the next time you attempt him, take a look at styrak, he will have a enrage icon in his buff area if enraged.
3x Deposer of the Dread Masters 2x Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Learning to heal, the next frontier

bsbrad's Avatar


bsbrad
09.09.2013 , 07:09 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by raidmac View Post
The only thing that could be possibly happening is that you are hitting enrage. I believe you need to get styrak down to 15% before a 5th manifestation or you will hit enrage( it may be less, cant remember right now). But it seems that you guys are hitting enrage if it is doing that much damage. This fight is a tough dps check, but the next time you attempt him, take a look at styrak, he will have a enrage icon in his buff area if enraged.
That's what I was thinking but we have him down way before a 5th manifestation, usually just a touch after the 4th
N'abi
Begeren Colony
The answer is easy the question is not....oh who am I kidding!!!.

Synavix's Avatar


Synavix
09.09.2013 , 07:56 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by bsbrad View Post
That's what I was thinking but we have him down way before a 5th manifestation, usually just a touch after the 4th
The fight also has an overall enrage that includes the first Kell Dragon. Assuming your DPS is fairly consistent, you want to shoot for being at least under 20% during the second Spines cast. This will likely make Styrak enrage around the time you kill him, and 1-3% enrage is very doable.