Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Dyes Added, Then Removed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New Dyes Added, Then Removed?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CosmicKat
09.09.2013 , 01:49 PM | #91
Am I the only one who sees the possibility that this entire debacle is going exactly as they planned?

1) Release the item at a ridiculous price. If people buy it, go to step 3, if they don't...
2) Pull that item and then re-release it a "greatly reduced price" of say... $5 and $10, creating the false perception that it is now a deal.
3) Count your money.

ImpactHound
09.09.2013 , 01:52 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Am I the only one who sees the possibility that this entire debacle is going exactly as they planned?

1) Release the item at a ridiculous price. If people buy it, go to step 3, if they don't...
2) Pull that item and then re-release it a "greatly reduced price" of say... $5 and $10, creating the false perception that it is now a deal.
3) Count your money.
At the risk of sounding Andrayah-ish, it's a little one-sided.

In your defense, there's a lot of plausible deniability if this were the case though.

DOHboy
09.09.2013 , 01:54 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
The only thing your rant highlights is how just a little better communication could avoid tons of drama. Well done.
my "rant" was to point out that you can't please everyone, even communicating their intent tends to enflame people because it wasn't what THEY wanted, but might have been what someone else did. Some people are impossible to please. Give it to them for free, will complain it wasn't on a silver platter nor fast enough.

WANT WANT WANT WANT..ME ME ME ME ME. For the Forum Bingo people its called ENTITLEMENT and people somehow feel they are.

Quality, Time, Cost. You can have 2 out of the 3. But never all 3 at the same time. Some people don't understand this and fail to realize the balance between the 3.

Fatal-N-Felony
09.09.2013 , 02:43 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I will take the blame for this one as I forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but I have no details on when as of right now. This was planned as a limited time sale.

As a reminder, our store is subject to change at all times. We will have sales available for limited times and in some cases (like this) items which are only available for limited times. I recommend checking the store often!

-eric
so limited that i didn't even see it on the cartel market the morning i thought it was supposed to come out

-fatal
<Intrepid> @ The Harbinger
World First 1Man Too Sexy; Don't Care - Currently Employed
#NoFilter

TechbotAlpha
09.09.2013 , 02:57 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
my "rant" was to point out that you can't please everyone, even communicating their intent tends to enflame people because it wasn't what THEY wanted, but might have been what someone else did. Some people are impossible to please. Give it to them for free, will complain it wasn't on a silver platter nor fast enough.

WANT WANT WANT WANT..ME ME ME ME ME. For the Forum Bingo people its called ENTITLEMENT and people somehow feel they are.

Quality, Time, Cost. You can have 2 out of the 3. But never all 3 at the same time. Some people don't understand this and fail to realize the balance between the 3.
/ticks of someone using 'Entitlement' as a form of attack

Man, some things never change...Yes, how dare we be offended at stuff being priced in such a way as to be mind-boggling. In fact, how DARE we have our own opinions that run counter to anyone claiming "No, it's fine, shut up and stop whining!!" right?

LordArtemis
09.09.2013 , 03:00 PM | #96
Hey folks,

I will take the blame for this one as I forgot to post about the dyes at the end of the week to let everyone know about the limited availability. They will come back to the market at some point, but I have no details on when as of right now. This was planned as a limited time sale.

As a reminder, our store is subject to change at all times. We will have sales available for limited times and in some cases (like this) items which are only available for limited times. I recommend checking the store often!

-eric
Well. That was one way to go.

I think that, considering you guys forgot to announce it it might be best for your karma to allow a do over...maybe at a temporarily discounted price.

If i were you guys I would bring the single dyes back to market....never. But that's just me. You guys know the metrics and whether or not it sold well, so obviously if it was a door buster I wouldn't try to block that.

Galathir
09.09.2013 , 03:11 PM | #97
***grr. Wrong post quoted.
GALATHIR DARKSTONE
Troublemaker Extraordinaire
"This new hand is a fightin' hand!"
==== SQUADRON 14-610 ====

Glzmo
09.09.2013 , 03:13 PM | #98
Hey folks,

-eric
That's really annoying. It was in the patch notes and appeared to be a permanent addition to the Cartel Market. How about you make amends by permanently adding them to the Bounty Supply Company vendor for 1 credit like you did with the surgical table and Mood: Outraged?

Eillack
09.09.2013 , 03:19 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by DOHboy View Post
People complained when there was no way of customizing gear and wanted dye kits. They then complained they were only on the CM and the crafted ones were worse, and having random chance was a money grab. So bioware makes them purchasable individually. People then complained when it was too expensive. they are NOW complaining that it wasn't up long enough and is being rotated.

If they sent 10 to every sub, all the F2P people would complain that they didn't get one. If they sent it to EVERYONE subs would complain they aren't appreciated and why bother subbing.
Just an FYI, I never wanted those dyes, but for those who did got screwed because there was no mention that they would be taken away. That is something that easily justifies anger / complaints from members of a community that bought CC to purchase those dyes.

But nope...it's always the evil playerbases' fault...
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

EricMusco
09.09.2013 , 03:27 PM | #100 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I just want to add a little bit of clarity and to reiterate what happened with the dyes on the Cartel Market. I know there is some thought that we have some sinister intent here, or that we just pulled the dyes out of reaction to some of the negative reaction around price, the truth is simple, I messed up.

We could have done a better job of messaging around that timeliness in the patch notes and we never actually made any posts following up to that to let folks know it was temporary in the forums. In both cases, the blame falls on me. Although we wont always message everything that changes on the CM all the time (sales, etc.). I will make it a point to make sure we are as crystal clear as possible about new items, or sales around limited time/availability items.

What I can say is that the dyes will be returning the CM in the future (I don't have timing right now) and when they do they will return at the same price you saw them at this past weekend. I will make sure you guys know they are coming when they do return!

Thank you again for your patience and I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion I caused!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]