Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Keybinds vs clicking

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Keybinds vs clicking

MidichIorian
09.07.2013 , 03:19 PM | #251
It's the least important aspect of the game to the average player. There are much more pressing matters that needs to be attended to first. Things such as complete lack of situational awareness and logic, the inability to count to 8, poor vision etc etc.

Evolixe
09.07.2013 , 03:25 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
It's the least important aspect of the game to the average player. There are much more pressing matters that needs to be attended to first. Things such as complete lack of situations awareness and logic, the inability to count to 8, poor vision etc etc.
When you change one, you will start thinking more about the other.

Many steps ultimately form a leap. But if you don't dare to take the steps... no leap will ever be made.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

lordnathanial
09.07.2013 , 03:29 PM | #253
Do people still keyboard click in PvP?
Jung Ma
Bellinandra Assassin - Bloodius Sniper - Mytherious Marauder - Annaliandra Sage - Annalinandra PT - Mytharificous Mando - Mythelious Scoundrel - Mythellia Merc - Necroficium - Sorcerer

cashogy_reborn
09.07.2013 , 03:54 PM | #254
I use an xbox 360 controller. Get on my level.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

maverickmatt
09.07.2013 , 03:57 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
I use a MadKatz Ps2 Racing wheel/pedal combo :|

Get on MY level
Mavrck

"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less."

cashogy_reborn
09.07.2013 , 03:59 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by maverickmatt View Post
I use a MadKatz Ps2 Racing wheel/pedal combo :|

Get on MY level
Dayum. I cant get on that level.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Anarchists
09.07.2013 , 06:54 PM | #257
I personally keybind almost 100% of my skills. I do click a few things such as an AOE since it is placed with your mouse. Auto run is another keybind that is a must if you want to be competitive.

Like someone already mentioned its about being efficient. Every seconds matters. The less you have to focus on your rotation with your mouse the more you can focus on situational awareness and use your mouse for more important mouse based things like maneuvering and camera work. If you have to click on abilities your situational awareness and ability to see what is going on around you takes a huge hit. Yes in reality its only a few seconds you are gaining but in competitive game play those seconds are what matter and win the game. Also since this game doesnt have any mouse add ons its really easy to lose a mouse cursor with all the spell animations. That adds seconds too.

Dont get me wrong I'm not here to tell you HOW to play, but I will tell you there is no way you can compete on the same level clicking without having to work WAY harder and take up way more concentration that could be spent on more important things in PvP like situational awareness and positioning which is extremely important in PvP.

If all you do is PvE then its really not as important but will make gameplay easier.

I used to argue against keybinding and only clicked. Most people were amazed at how well I played being a clicker. Once I finally changed to keybinds and left my comfort zone I honestly was amazed at how much easier it was to accomplish things keybound instead of clicking everything.

Hope this helps!
Godparticle / Linx-o. Prophecy of the Five. Republic.
Live PvP/WZ's stream/archives: www.twitch.tv/volantarism
Game Changing PVP Video: http://www.twitch.tv/volantarism/b/463001249
How To Focus Target: http://www.twitch.tv/volantarism/c/3077804

Virgulec
09.08.2013 , 02:41 AM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by madtycoon View Post
The SWTOR PvP forums are pretty adorable. Front page there's like at least 5 topics talking about clicking and backpeddaling.
Don't know why this made me laugh, but it did. Anyho, clicked on the youtube link in your sig... I'm stealing moves from you Like I do with other PvPers that has garnered my attention.
That force push save/pull on the void star has made itself in the catacombs of my memory bank of most "memorable moments" in a PvP video(Downloaded > Archived > Watched ... a couple of times ).
Meh trow meh corn, but meh nuh call no fowl... yuh see, Goat luck nuh Sheep luck

Helig
09.08.2013 , 02:54 AM | #259
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Did lol, totally pro.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

AlrikFassbauer
09.08.2013 , 05:39 AM | #260
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
You don't need to be a fast typer to make keybinding the right choice though.
Actually 10 finger keyboard operating is a whole lot different than playing a game.
I still do 1-2 finger typing on my keyboard. I've never trained 10 fingers. (One finger for typing, another one for the shift, ctrl etc. keys.)

But I can be relatively fast with that, too.
(My personally favourite incident is the disbelief people expressed when they saw me typing with 1 finger during my jop training long ago. )

I often think "how fast would I be when I was an 10-fingers trained one ?" and it must be really fast.

However, I never got myself to do that.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)