Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Mace Windu's Choice on the Masters in EP III

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Mace Windu's Choice on the Masters in EP III

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
09.06.2013 , 05:24 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
In regards to the watered down topic. I need only point to everyone's favorite cyborg General...
A good point. Though seriously, I'm not sure what to think....

Someone repeatedly watered down like that was most likely intended by Lucas to be like that originally...

Lucas and Filoni met almost weekly according to Filoni, in person or on Skype, to discuss episode plans, the way the series is heading, and Character developments... I don't think George would let him water down Grevious if it wasn't intended, however it's always so hard to tell.

In the movies there's obvious signs that he's meant to be a coward, he sent Magnaguards after Kenobi and Skywalker, then after Kenobi... Because he was afraid to face them.

Maybe he was meant to be like this, *shrug*
Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
09.06.2013 , 05:27 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
It looked to me that Barriss gave Anakin quite some trouble, kicking him, force pushing, disarming and so forth. But yeah...I know.

Yes Obi-Wan did beat Vizla, but just the fight itself Obi-Wan should have just speedblitzed him or taken the saber from him with a force pull or even just restrained him using the force. But then again...wouldn't have been as entertaining...but still.
I think part of the Vizla fight was that Vizla openly challenged him to a duel, one on one, and openly remarked how the Blade itself was the death of Many Jedi.

Maybe to prove it to himself, or Satine, that he could take Vizla, but yes, entertainment value. It's the little things you have to look for in the fights...
Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.06.2013 , 05:28 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
A good point. Though seriously, I'm not sure what to think....

Someone repeatedly watered down like that was most likely intended by Lucas to be like that originally...

Lucas and Filoni met almost weekly according to Filoni, in person or on Skype, to discuss episode plans, the way the series is heading, and Character developments... I don't think George would let him water down Grevious if it wasn't intended, however it's always so hard to tell.

In the movies there's obvious signs that he's meant to be a coward, he sent Magnaguards after Kenobi and Skywalker, then after Kenobi... Because he was afraid to face them.

Maybe he was meant to be like this, *shrug*
He was meant to be the moustache twirling western villain. A coward that does some bad stuff and flees.

The EU changed him into a bloodthirsty, genocidal, homicidal vessel of pure awesomeness. Needless to say that I prefer that version.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
09.06.2013 , 05:31 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
He was meant to be the moustache twirling western villain. A coward that does some bad stuff and flees.

The EU changed him into a bloodthirsty, genocidal, homicidal vessel of pure awesomeness. Needless to say that I prefer that version.
I must admit, the TCW 2003 version of him, killing 6 Jedi at once, 3 of whom Jedi Council members was pretty ******.

Perhaps Filoni wanted that Grevious, but Lucas wanted him shown in the form intended for the first time properly... We'll never know :P
Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.06.2013 , 05:39 PM | #115
While I did love the micro-series, I do kinda blame Genndy on the Grevious thing...I mean that isn't to say I don't like Genndy I do love Samurai Jack too. But.....that wasn't what Grevious was suppose to be according to ROTS and thus when ROTS and TCW came out that showed Grevious who he is suppose to be, of course fans didn't like it.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
09.06.2013 , 05:49 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
While I did love the micro-series, I do kinda blame Genndy on the Grevious thing...I mean that isn't to say I don't like Genndy I do love Samurai Jack too. But.....that wasn't what Grevious was suppose to be according to ROTS and thus when ROTS and TCW came out that showed Grevious who he is suppose to be, of course fans didn't like it.
Couldn't agree more.

Edit: Can F2P Players send PM's? Because I remember you mentioning before that you hated watching the arguments and not being able to post... You could always PM A really long post for a Kaggath if you felt the Urge to someone and they could C+P it... Just a thought
Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.06.2013 , 05:59 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
While I did love the micro-series, I do kinda blame Genndy on the Grevious thing...I mean that isn't to say I don't like Genndy I do love Samurai Jack too. But.....that wasn't what Grevious was suppose to be according to ROTS and thus when ROTS and TCW came out that showed Grevious who he is suppose to be, of course fans didn't like it.
It wasn't just the micro-series, Wolf. But you are right on that account.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
09.06.2013 , 06:02 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
It wasn't just the micro-series, Wolf. But you are right on that account.
I doubt any other Series potrayed him THAT Op... He skilled 3 Jedi Council members and 3 Jedi, Master/Knight/Padawan... At once.

Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
09.06.2013 , 06:05 PM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
I doubt any other Series potrayed him THAT Op... He skilled 3 Jedi Council members and 3 Jedi, Master/Knight/Padawan... At once.

Not THAT OP, but he was still BA.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
09.06.2013 , 06:07 PM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Couldn't agree more.

Edit: Can F2P Players send PM's? Because I remember you mentioning before that you hated watching the arguments and not being able to post... You could always PM A really long post for a Kaggath if you felt the Urge to someone and they could C+P it... Just a thought
No can't PM.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.