Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

looking for more help with my GTX 670 fps issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
looking for more help with my GTX 670 fps issues

JewFro's Avatar


JewFro
09.06.2013 , 02:12 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by leto_cleon View Post
GPU usage is the 3rd one. You'd want to monitor power if for example you are crashing at high load and you monitor goes to "no signal detected".
oops. well even worse, its staying anywhere from 10%-24%

leto_cleon's Avatar


leto_cleon
09.06.2013 , 02:14 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by JewFro View Post
Just turned off all Windows 8 visual effects, testing if that helps now.

EDIT: seemed to help a tad in warzones. Im at least maintaining 20-33 fps in warzones and not dropping into the teens
Hmm... you might want to go and check/disable some background services and programs that are not needed. That might help as well.

http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...aphics-part-3/ - some of the Windows Services that you can disable.

leto_cleon's Avatar


leto_cleon
09.06.2013 , 02:16 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by JewFro View Post
oops. well even worse, its staying anywhere from 10%-24%
Hmm... with all the low settings I would actually expect it to be low. If it was still high then I would be worried about your graphics card.

JewFro's Avatar


JewFro
09.06.2013 , 02:20 AM | #34
I have all the setting on high in-game except. Bloom - off, Shadows - off, and tree/grass quality to 50%, everything else is to very high.

My performance doesn';t change based on my settings.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
09.06.2013 , 02:24 AM | #35
I posted a link for him how to clean boot on windows 8 - http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

The only other thing I can think is does the motherboard bios have an option for setting a AMP profile to your RAM ?
Intel equivalent is XMP

JewFro's Avatar


JewFro
09.06.2013 , 02:26 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
I posted a link for him how to clean boot on windows 8 - http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

The only other thing I can think is does the motherboard bios have an option for setting a AMP profile to your RAM ?
Intel equivalent is XMP
Im not sure, I was actually just searching for an update to my bios then I was going to clean boot.

leto_cleon's Avatar


leto_cleon
09.06.2013 , 02:27 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by JewFro View Post
I have all the setting on high in-game except. Bloom - off, Shadows - off, and tree/grass quality to 50%, everything else is to very high.

My performance doesn';t change based on my settings.
Oh I meant with lower settings that you have in the nvidia control panel (not in the swtor itself) the GPU usuage should be low.

I'm guessing you've already deleted DiskCacheArena, run repair, defragged, and turn your anti-virus off when swtor is running as well? From the improvement that you got changing that Windows setting, my suspicion is that there's a background program or service that's doing a number on you.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
09.06.2013 , 02:29 AM | #38
I have seen iTunes affect people

here is the link to your motherboard, you need to check the revision number - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3908#ov

JewFro's Avatar


JewFro
09.06.2013 , 02:32 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
I have seen iTunes affect people

here is the link to your motherboard, you need to check the revision number - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3908#ov
How do I know which revision number to download? I cant find my current in msconfig

EDIT: nvm its rev 1.1/1.0

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
09.06.2013 , 02:44 AM | #40
The revision number is normally engraved on the motherboard itself, and also on the box it came in.

Just to mention all we are doing is ensuring your system is optimized in areas that can think of to help performance.

I would also look for updates for network card, Windows 8 went through an initial period of driver optimizations