Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix broken assassins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Fix broken assassins

demystified
09.05.2013 , 09:22 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
Not really. Read:

Ever gotten opened on by a concealment operative that didn't crit anything? Yeah that damage is laughable.
When Hidden Strike crits though, the opener is at about the level it should be.

And it wouldn't be the first "autocrit". We have them as assassins too. Through an ability called recklessness.
Given it's hardly a real autocrit because of current crit levels.. but it should be. And that works just fine. As it should.

Autocrit is not necessarily bad or OP.
Recklessness only affects force. Assassins rely on maul for burst.

PAMuttoni
09.05.2013 , 09:26 PM | #32
Their Defensive CDs are great compared to Scoundrel/Operatives Dodge and Shield Probe. They also have too many Stuns (Spike, Low Lash, Shock) giving them plenty of time to reposition themselves. A 1:30 CC breaker. I have no reason to dps on my scondrel if Shadows/sins are better at that.
Keelahn (Combat) VR98 Aios (Seer) VR82 Kal'ree (Scrapper) VR70+
Tassadar (Marksman) VR85 Ze'siha (Darkness) VR87 Vehnar (Body Guard) VR70

LaVall
09.05.2013 , 09:42 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by mmjarec View Post
Burst damage doesnt matter in pve keep reading what you want to tell yourself thats not true. You base you dps on one or two abilities right out pf stealth and be crap dps the rest pf the fight. Nobody has been able to explain why sins parse majorly below any class. Oh thats right you want to cherry pick your info
Why would I be talking about how Deception does in PVE on a PVP forum? It's a PVP spec. If you're upset that Madness doesn't perform well in PVE, well then I agree with you, but this isn't the place to complain about it.
Ardevall - 55 Combat Sentinel
Lamissa - 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Nyemrite - 55 Madness Sorcerer
Ultanum - 55 Vengeance Juggernaut

Zoom_VI
09.05.2013 , 10:23 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
So, you're saying that Rage Marauders have sustain DPS?
Mauraders are the second highest parsing class, and unlike sins they don't have to worry about getting their opener or getting procs
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

FuriCuri
09.06.2013 , 01:12 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
Sins will never have their DPS adjusted because they added the recklessness talent. This makes them OP as **** under optimal circumstances and useless under suboptimal circumstances. So when the optimal circumstance arises, everyone sees this "op as ****" assassin blowing them up and comes crying to bioware about nerfing sins when reality is that they're only op against bad players.
This creates the unique situation where a class that is in actuality very bad for rated pvp dps is seen as overpowered by a large number of players. Good luck getting bioware to fix our class, you might as well regstar it up and enjoy the regs OPness.

Regarding the actual parses, bioware has stated that sins won't be upgraded from a dps perspective because "sins have the most to gain when switching from dummy targets to player targets dps-wise". Granted this information was looked at and proven to be factually the opposite of reality, but when has bioware ever let reality hold them back from making decisions in the past?

TLDR if you enjoy playing your assassin do some regs and/or become good at ninjas and nodeguarding for rateds. When that gets boring you might as well play something else because the class is never getting fixed.
This man speak truth.
If you look at ranked teams composition you see that there is almost no deception sins present - they are taken only as tanks and even then jugs are better choice for upcoming arena. Devs don't know how to fix this class - I think they are under impressions that burst from stealth is a lot more dangerous than burst after jump from nowhere, so they gave marauders all best toys while leaving sins as a victims for their mechanic.
My works: Warhammer Enemy addon, Aion recipe calculator

TheCourier-
09.06.2013 , 01:22 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Wassawp View Post
I know of another spec that does it. Insane AOE burst and pretty decent sustained damages. Absurdely overpowered .
Sins are okay. They could certainly use a more usefull 51 ability and a slightly better survivability.
Apart from that ppl calling for a nerf don't know what they're talking about.
Rage spec's sustained single target damage is only around 2750. Marksman is around 3300. Deception is around 2750.

Assassin is fine as is.

HBMalachorfive
09.06.2013 , 02:04 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by demystified View Post
Um what? So your saying my 6k+ Discharge and my 5k+ Shock isn't bursty? Oh wait I've got three stacks of Recklessness, Voltaic slash x2, Shock again.
Sins don't 'rely' on maul for burst. Yes it is a big part of their rotation but Crits on Discharge and Shock are just as nasty. Add to the fact that Maul is highly unpredictable when in comes to the RNG and you end up with a 4-5K one instead of 9k.
Waka - Wakaboom - Wakastab - Wakasin - Wakasnipe

R.I.P F O R K L I F T #MADCUZBAD

Evolixe
09.06.2013 , 02:20 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by demystified View Post
Lol, yeah no.

Monoth
09.06.2013 , 02:25 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by mmjarec View Post
Burst does not matter in pve we need sustained damage i will refer you to all the parses for the. 100th time that shows we are 500 below other classes
So why are you in the PvP forums ?

Sins have crazy burst damage, and if they have their Defensive CD they near impossible to kill also. One reason Sins don't get high on the DPS chars is because they kill their targets so fast. Every time one sneaks up on my Gunslinger they take about 3/4 of my health before I even get 1 shot off. Once they're stealth and all their stuns and defensive abilities are on CD then their vulnerable, but until then they can pretty much destroy any class.

Sins are suppose to be played as a stealth class that attacks players who are engaged with other players, there not suppose to be a class that takes other classes head on... If you want that then roll another class because that's not how dps sins work.

Sins as they are now are maybe just slightly OP with their burst damage, I wouldn't really want them nerfed much because it would make the class useless.

If you want to talk about a OP class then look no further then a Jugg Spec Smash Monkey in Tank stance who easily gets 800k damage and 200k protection guarding a healer without breaking a sweat.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

FuriCuri
09.06.2013 , 03:19 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
So why are you in the PvP forums ?

Sins have crazy burst damage, and if they have their Defensive CD they near impossible to kill also. One reason Sins don't get high on the DPS chars is because they kill their targets so fast. Every time one sneaks up on my Gunslinger they take about 3/4 of my health before I even get 1 shot off. Once they're stealth and all their stuns and defensive abilities are on CD then their vulnerable, but until then they can pretty much destroy any class.

Sins are suppose to be played as a stealth class that attacks players who are engaged with other players, there not suppose to be a class that takes other classes head on... If you want that then roll another class because that's not how dps sins work.

Sins as they are now are maybe just slightly OP with their burst damage, I wouldn't really want them nerfed much because it would make the class useless.

If you want to talk about a OP class then look no further then a Jugg Spec Smash Monkey in Tank stance who easily gets 800k damage and 200k protection guarding a healer without breaking a sweat.
So, why then deception sins has no place in 99% ranked teams?
My works: Warhammer Enemy addon, Aion recipe calculator