Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

looking for more help with my GTX 670 fps issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
looking for more help with my GTX 670 fps issues

JewFro
09.05.2013 , 09:48 PM | #1
Well I'm pretty close to sending my GTX 670 back in for a new one since I don't know what else to do, I've tried pretty much everything to fix my fps then I gave up. But now a friend I was playing with also has a GTX 670 and was running at double my FPS wherever we were, warzones/fleet. I have Windows 8 and Im starting to think thats also an issue since everyone I see that has good FPS with a good system never has Windows 8, always Windows 7.

Here is my dxdiag again:
Part 1
Spoiler

JewFro
09.05.2013 , 09:50 PM | #2
part 2:
Spoiler

JewFro
09.05.2013 , 09:50 PM | #3
part 3:
Spoiler

JewFro
09.05.2013 , 11:17 PM | #4
bump. Would like some more ideas from Customer Service before I send my GTX 670 back in. 10-30 fps on fleet and in warzones is borderline unplayable and unacceptable for a GTX 670.

OwenBrooks
09.05.2013 , 11:30 PM | #5
You are getting crashes in SWTORUnleashed by the way, I gather there was no change setting launcher.exe and swtor.exe to compat for XPsp3.

Have you tried with just one monitor and reverting the driver to older versions to see if perform better or worse.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=114264 may give you some more tips like scaling etc

Edit - also http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=670316 may help FPS

JewFro
09.05.2013 , 11:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
You are getting crashes in SWTORUnleashed by the way, I gather there was no change setting launcher.exe and swtor.exe to compat for XPsp3.

Have you tried with just one monitor and reverting the driver to older versions to see if perform better or worse.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=114264 may give you some more tips like scaling etc
I probably shouldve updated my DxDiag lol, that was from a few days ago where I tried SWTOR unleashed. And yup, no change setting to XPsp3. Ive tried 1 monitor, no performance gain. Ive tried lowering in-game graphics settings, no performance gain. Ive tried literally everything I've seen on the forums from players/customer service. Then a friend started playing the game today and everywhere I was getting 30 fps, he was getting 70, everywhere I was getting 20 he was getting 60. ANd he has a GTX 670 as well, just makes no sense.

EDIT: I can't even break 40 fps on my ship right now....

OwenBrooks
09.05.2013 , 11:52 PM | #7
Try turning off core parking and see if it helps at all , is there a chance your friend has a Intel CPU , I have noticed as far as CPU goes AMD tends to perform worse. There is a lot of variables in what can affect FPS, running on a clean boot always helps , I think I posted this before - http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

The red indicator whilst can be GPU limited also means render limit and CPU can affect this as well.

green while is CPU is also system limited like Vsych for example

edit - 40FPS on ship have you checked temps of CPU, GPU and system generally I have a GTX670 and 111 is render limit and it is what I get on a ship.

JewFro
09.05.2013 , 11:53 PM | #8
I will try the CPU parking. Be back with results in a minute.

OwenBrooks
09.05.2013 , 11:57 PM | #9
I did a edit above as well about temps, only other thing is in the Nvidia control panel , the Physx switch is usually defaulted on Auto , it doesn't hurt to set directly to GPU or CPU to see if any change, I have seen some report this made a difference.

mind there is some discussion if this game uses PhysX at all , but If it helps what matter.

JewFro
09.06.2013 , 12:22 AM | #10
Hm the CPU parking seemed to help a little bit but now while monitoring the CPUs while in game all of them switch to "parked" randomly sometimes. I swear I did it correctly.

EDIT: Hm I did a full shutdown and it seemed to have fixed it, but when I go into SWTOR it starts parking them again.