Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix broken assassins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Fix broken assassins

ShatteredVision
09.05.2013 , 03:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikGW View Post
^^ defining factor of bad assassin.
Indeed.
I'll rain
Blood
Down

On this city

vimm
09.05.2013 , 03:50 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
So, you're saying that Rage Marauders have sustain DPS?
Uh, yes.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

JohnElias
09.05.2013 , 04:10 PM | #13
All this assassin survivability QQ... have you stopped to think about Operative DPS survivability compared to its burst? This thread man, this thread.

Evolixe
09.05.2013 , 04:12 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JohnElias View Post
All this assassin survivability QQ... have you stopped to think about Operative DPS survivability to burst ratio? This thread man, this thread.
I don't think anyone would argue concealment could use some more survivability

And permacrit Hidden Strike. Because it's balls when it doesn't crit.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

Brunner_Venda
09.05.2013 , 04:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
I don't think anyone would argue concealment could use some more survivability

And permacrit Hidden Strike. Because it's balls when it doesn't crit.
Because everyone wants god mode unkillable invisible players popping out of stealth, murdering you in two shots, and then vanishing again.

Auto crits are a bad idea for any spec. We're supposed to stack the crit ability if we want it, at a direct cost to power and sustained damage.

Evolixe
09.05.2013 , 04:25 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
Because everyone wants god mode unkillable invisible players popping out of stealth, murdering you in two shots, and then vanishing again.

Auto crits are a bad idea for any spec. We're supposed to stack the crit ability if we want it, at a direct cost to power and sustained damage.
Not really. Read:

Ever gotten opened on by a concealment operative that didn't crit anything? Yeah that damage is laughable.
When Hidden Strike crits though, the opener is at about the level it should be.

And it wouldn't be the first "autocrit". We have them as assassins too. Through an ability called recklessness.
Given it's hardly a real autocrit because of current crit levels.. but it should be. And that works just fine. As it should.

Autocrit is not necessarily bad or OP.
Evolixe [ToFN/PoT5] Exilove
PvE AMR - Livestream - PvP AMR - BiS PvP Mad/Bal - BiS PvP Dec/Infi
Quote:
Open yourself to suggestions from others.
There is so much to be learned from other people no matter how good you are.

Tankqull
09.05.2013 , 04:42 PM | #17
every auto crit should have been implemented as assa/shades one...

beside that add a dot to clearvoyance/voltaic slash stackable 5 times dealing 200dmg per 1.5s with a 5% healdebuff per stack lasting 9 seconds that would make up for the long duration dps but wont increase burst dmg the slightest.

DarthSabreth
09.05.2013 , 04:43 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by PAMuttoni View Post
Their burst should be toned down...
I agree, most of the assins I know of can liquefy most opponents in a matter of a few seconds, their high burst dps, coupled with multiple stuns and high damage mitigation makes them very tough opponents. if anything they need a longer cd on some of those stuns.
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

JP_Legatus
09.05.2013 , 04:45 PM | #19
Sins will never have their DPS adjusted because they added the recklessness talent. This makes them OP as **** under optimal circumstances and useless under suboptimal circumstances. So when the optimal circumstance arises, everyone sees this "op as ****" assassin blowing them up and comes crying to bioware about nerfing sins when reality is that they're only op against bad players.
This creates the unique situation where a class that is in actuality very bad for rated pvp dps is seen as overpowered by a large number of players. Good luck getting bioware to fix our class, you might as well regstar it up and enjoy the regs OPness.

Regarding the actual parses, bioware has stated that sins won't be upgraded from a dps perspective because "sins have the most to gain when switching from dummy targets to player targets dps-wise". Granted this information was looked at and proven to be factually the opposite of reality, but when has bioware ever let reality hold them back from making decisions in the past?

TLDR if you enjoy playing your assassin do some regs and/or become good at ninjas and nodeguarding for rateds. When that gets boring you might as well play something else because the class is never getting fixed.
Plaje - 55 Assassin Sorcheals - 55 Sorcerer
TheHulkk - 55 Juggernaut Riksa - 55 Marauder
Ophealing - 55 Operative Lolsniper - 55 Sniper
Overpoweredtech - 29 Powertech The Bastion http://www.twitch.tv/plajje

mmjarec
09.05.2013 , 05:25 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MichealR View Post
IF you're wanting to fix assassins/shadow's dps that wont help at all in pvp....their burst is amazing probably the best in game if you play them right and time CC accordingly, I can solo most healers in partasin if i catch them without a CC breaker. leave us alone in we're fine the low percent of sustained dps difference does matter in pvp at all if you play the class the way its meant to be played, which is strike from the shadows burst your emeny as much as u can if you dont get a kill vanish, rinse, and repeat.
Burst does not matter in pve we need sustained damage i will refer you to all the parses for the. 100th time that shows we are 500 below other classes