Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Contract: Ord Mantell and Hutta kingpin question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Bounty Contract: Ord Mantell and Hutta kingpin question

MrNihulus
09.04.2013 , 11:16 AM | #1
Hello so i just read the patch notes and it said players above level 27 can no longer accept contracts on Hutta and Ord Mantell, i have a level 55 sorcerer who has unlocked the kingpin mission for Hutta, I was wondering, will players over 27 still have access to the kingpin contracts?,I just need the Hutta Kingpin for the achievement

pan_sObak
09.05.2013 , 12:34 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by MrNihulus View Post
Hello so i just read the patch notes and it said players above level 27 can no longer accept contracts on Hutta and Ord Mantell
it says
Quote:
Characters above level 27 are no longer able to accept Hutta and Ord Mantell Bounty Contracts
so you can do KIngpin missions
Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Pansobak Legacy
Merc 60, Jugg 60, Sorc 60, Sin 60, Op 60, Sage 60, Comm 60, Guns 55, Vang 60, Sent 60

Craft: Bio 500, Cyber 500, Art 500, Arm 500, Armor 500, Syth 500

Blazkowicz
09.05.2013 , 01:26 AM | #3
So any compensation for those players who bought Hutta Kingpin unlock if they can't do it anymore?
If all imperial moffs are like you, it's a wonder you can get your armor on in the morning, much less conquer an empire.

MrNihulus
09.05.2013 , 10:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
So any compensation for those players who bought Hutta Kingpin unlock if they can't do it anymore?
we may still be able to do the kingpin missions, just maybe not the henchman, well, we will find out soon

superronman
09.05.2013 , 05:29 PM | #5
Can a Jedi do the bounty contract week

Drudenfusz
09.05.2013 , 07:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by superronman View Post
Can a Jedi do the bounty contract week
Yes, every class can.
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Lana Everhope - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Shadow Tank on The Red Eclipse
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version

PLynkes
09.09.2013 , 09:00 AM | #7
I wonder why they did that? It was fun having a reason to go back and visit those old planets again. Now I am a little bit sad.

Signalights
09.21.2017 , 08:04 AM | #8
Wow, this is really, really stupid. So I just figured out that this contract exists, but I will never be able to do it because I was well past level 27 by the time the first bounty week rolled around after I started playing the game.

In fact the only way I could ever do it now is I would have to create a new character just for that purpose, and level it to the point of being able to do the quest, then just sit on that character until the next bounty week came along so I could do the stupid thing at least once.

The worst part is that this quest contains the beginning of the story that leads up to the subsequent kingpin contract quest. But the game won't let me play the beginning so I have no idea of who I am going after in the second part.

Absolutely ridiculous. I really hope they have fired all the people who have made dumb decisions like this to screw over this game by now. And they really should fix this because leveling in this game is so fast now, who is going to be able to catch a bounty week and get this done before hitting the point of being permanently screwed?

Mubrak
09.21.2017 , 09:38 AM | #9
The problem in the event's very first week was that nobody knew anything about it, so folks camped the informants inside the Hutta cantina, because it was the easiest place to reach. Add to that, that back in the day there was no level sync: The mobs spawned at your level, and their AOE attacks would hit every player nearby, so we had a situation, where level 1 players were getting nuked by level 55 mobs as soon as they left the safety of their starting instance. There may also have been some deliberate griefing... At any rate, not the best first impression the game made to the poor newbies.

Your necro to rant at the devs goes overboard, of course - you can always make a new character to enjoy that "great" story that is the generic henchmen contract - but I agree that BW should allow us to do the starter planet bounties after level 26, now that there is level sync, and the event is no longer all new and fancy.

(Edit: why is this in this forum? Is siccing max level mobs on newbies considered "Community Content"? )
Tune down reflections to pre 5.5 values!
Move inventory tabs back to the bottom!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

Signalights
09.21.2017 , 06:16 PM | #10
This genuinely upset me because the bounty week was my favorite recurring event, and now I find out there is this one certain bounty contract I can never essentially do, unelss I put myself through a whole bunch of rigamarole, like I said with a new character I would literally have to create just for that sole purpose. And the kingpin version of the quest dosn't make sense without the backstory that comes from the first half of the story.

Maybe this doesn't mean much to you, maybe to you it's "just another boring quest that no one should care about". But I'm tired of hearing that excuse from players that have already played through all the content and are bored with it, and don't care about the new people who are permanetly locked out of it for no good reason. The bounty quests are so limited as it is, and having one extra to add to the viarety of the experience would sure be nice. At least for people like me who actually care about doing this event at all.

My point is that decisions like this have been made in the game over and over, as I have discovered, without any regard whatesoever to how this affects the experience of new players. And this is by no means the only example of this kind of screwy logic that devs in the past have used to mess up the quests in this game.

How long as level sync been in the game now, and no one thought to remove this petty restriction after they implemented it however many years ago? Yet they still bother to run the event every few months, so they expect at least some players to still care about it. It's this kind of negligence that is killing this game and turning new people away in droves who don't have the patience to work around the problems or do like me and write posts about it to try to get this crap fixed.