Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scheduled Maintenance: September 4th, 2013 [UPDATE: Servers Available]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Scheduled Maintenance: September 4th, 2013 [UPDATE: Servers Available]
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WhiteJackieChan
09.04.2013 , 10:48 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
So they should take down the 2.4 PTS build...load the Maintenance build, test it, and then reload the PTS 2.4 build afterward?
Or do it how WoW has been doing it for ages, run the updates on PTR a week or so before going live. In other words, they shouldn't have jumped straight to 2.4 on PTR, especially since they are adding a whole new UI element to the game (in game CC purchase)

dloch
09.04.2013 , 10:50 AM | #72
I know mistakes or errors happen, but once you cant fix it in a reasonable time.. reload it back to where it works and fix it on your time... as subscribers pay money to be here... we would like to play and keep paying.. otherwise what is the point in paying for something you are not receiving. I think all subscribers should get 5K cartel credits just for this disruption to there day.

Lecaja
09.04.2013 , 10:51 AM | #73
I understand that providing me the best role playing experience I've had in two decades of gaming takes a lot of work to maintain and sometimes you have to shut everything down before you can build it up to be better than ever. That said I don't think it's unreasonable to get a timetable of when we are coming back online even if that timetable needs to be adjusted later.

I want to stress that this isn't a negative post, I've happily put hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours into this game but as others pointed out it would be nice to know if I should hang around or go do something else. I don't think I'm being unreasonable in that regard.

demotivator
09.04.2013 , 10:53 AM | #74
This change to the kingpin contracts on starter worlds in one of the most idiotic fix they had come with.

I can understand how it is annoying to have your mark killed before you can capture it because one lvl 55 is nuking him/her but guess what, we 55s face the same issue when a group of 4 55s "help" you kill the NPC and we have to spam the grenade to freeze him/her fast enough. So instead of coming with a "solution" that fixes only one half of the problem why not having a real fix, like... I don't know have the mark only vulnerable to attacks of the person triggering the spawn? I guess it makes too much sense. Or it's too much work...

Furthermore I'm not sure it was even such an issue. Maybe during the first days when people didn't realize that there was a separate achievement for capture. But in the last days I have seen plenty of people helping you then holding off to let you capture the mark if needed.

I'd like to add something: it was a perfect occasion for people who have multiple lvl 55 to come back to these worlds. For instance I have 4 pub toons (one of each class) that I have grinded more than 1 year ago and I hadn't come back to Ord Mantell since then and it was great, it even pushed me to come back and complete the various achievements there. The BH event was a perfect occasion to entice players to revisit places they don't usually come back to.

I just can't understand how BW can miss what this change implies. It's like they completely lost touch (if they ever had been in touch) with their game and the players.
Randomizing your forums.

WhiteJackieChan
09.04.2013 , 10:54 AM | #75
They need to update their forum to deliver Ritalin straight into the veins of all the people who are freaking out over pesky little things. Server down time happens, get over it and move on. Its not like BioWare killed your dog.

discbox
09.04.2013 , 10:54 AM | #76
The Smith's reaction on todays maintenance:

http://static4.businessinsider.com/i...00.15%20am.png

lawrencejackson
09.04.2013 , 10:57 AM | #77
do they have monkeys applying the patches. i swear it seems like it. 4 hour downtime turns in 7 hours and they have no ETA on when the servers will be available. this is totally unacceptable. i only have a few hours during the morning and afternoon to play. so their inability to implement a patch has cost me a day of playtime. freaking incompetence.

dloch
09.04.2013 , 10:57 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by WhiteJackieChan View Post
They need to update their forum to deliver Ritalin straight into the veins of all the people who are freaking out over pesky little things. Server down time happens, get over it and move on. Its not like BioWare killed your dog.
Well they killed my tauntaun and my ewok and my lizard... so they killed more than just my DOG!!!!

Hanerhan
09.04.2013 , 10:58 AM | #79
Something I am starting to really appreciate about the folks over at World of Warcraft, when they said the servers were going to be up, they were up, not a second past the reported time. Its seems like swtor sets a time and it may, or may not actually be that time. I think these guys need to figure out how to port patches a little better.

WhiteJackieChan
09.04.2013 , 11:02 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by lawrencejackson View Post
do they have monkeys applying the patches. i swear it seems like it. 4 hour downtime turns in 7 hours and they have no ETA on when the servers will be available. this is totally unacceptable. i only have a few hours during the morning and afternoon to play. so their inability to implement a patch has cost me a day of playtime. freaking incompetence.
oooh wow, a whole day!!! You don't have a single other thing to do with your life? Like go outside, mow your lawn, or get a tan? Its seriously not that big of an issue, be patient and accept it, it happens and complaining will never fix a thing. All it does is show how immature you are. (really you sound like a spoiled little kid)