Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best DPS Class

beefyandbeef
05.14.2013 , 03:12 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by wstussyb View Post
Sniper is a great class, but for the quick levels it was not there compared to say Merc or a class with stealth.

I used the Middle tree for great AOE skills, i loved them, but how ever there were times I would die too much, like on Taris, even with great AOE sometimes hate would be too much or the adds, as Sniper cannot take any dmg unless you bring your healer and I pretty much used Temple to take things down quicker, but when I was ina pickle, I was in a pickle and died...lol
Well, you got me curious so I guess I'll roll one since the cathar just came out... Cathar sniper, who knows, could be awesome!
Roaric Level 50 Vanguard
Proud CE Owner
Semper est lux in tenebris-There is always light in darkness

Mauriciobr
05.15.2013 , 05:25 PM | #12
Gunslinger or Sentinel, those are currently the top dogs of the dps pack.
Credits always make MY galaxy a better place.

dcgregorya
05.16.2013 , 08:49 AM | #13
For pure speed it is definitely sentinel focus spec until 45 or so then watchman.

Few reasons why :

1) Leap
2) Transcendence
3) Self heals around Voss/Corellia
4) Much less time spent healing thanks to defensive CDs.

Sniper cannot even touch a focus sentinel for pure speed.

crqp
06.28.2013 , 03:27 AM | #14
Me, I have played Sniper and merc for me merc was much much better
So i think you should just play merc not sniper. Reasons:
1.) Sniper very hard to lvl in 25 to 30
2.) Merc super good dps

Mekkanon
06.28.2013 , 05:07 AM | #15
Sorcerer/ sage.

You start of with a tank companion you can use throughout the game.
Strong aoe
0 to none recourse management.
once you get force storm (i believe at 34-35) The rest of the fights are either forcestorming normals> finish strongs
or kill the elites.
+ having bubble and heal gives you tools to keep your companion alive longer should it be needed.

Tonev
07.04.2013 , 07:06 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Roxas_kun View Post
Sniper/Gunslinger for ranged DPS.

Sentinel/Marauder for melee DPS.

Most classes start coming into their own at around level 25-30, that's when you will feel a big difference among the classes. Before that, you're just some random guy/girl shooting/smakcing stuff.
Don't beleive this here, I have a 55 Sentinel and my son leveled a Shadow. In comparison I am wishing, I would have leveled a Shadow along with him, as I find the Sentinel's dps rotation and buffs to do so taxing.

Shadow do more damage, have a number of CC that is really "instant" and not as buggy as the sentinels.
Retired Assault Vanguard "All bark but no bite!"
Apparently my perception is not that of the developers.

AgustinSarro
09.03.2013 , 06:32 PM | #17
For Melee DPS it's obiously Marauder.

Now for Range DPS I have my oppinions. To be honest I like Sniper that deal massive damage but it's activation times and cooldowns are pretty slow. My sniper max hit was around 10k with "Ambush". On the other hand I prefer Sorcerers DPS (Madness especially) because they deal really hard damage and it's cooldowns are fast.. With my Mercenary I have no experience at all, though I heardthey deal good damage too.

Overall my favourite Range DPS class is Sorcerer.

RikuvonDrake
09.03.2013 , 06:38 PM | #18
Operatives/Scoundrels or Assassin/Shadow are the ones that I personally have found to be the fastest to level since you are able to stealth skip ****loads of stuff and thus not wasting time killing mobs (quests rewards gives more exp). A Assassin DPS is slight weak in endgame, same with scoundrel, but if you are a good player and make sure to train rotations, you will be able to compete at the highest level. But for levelling, I think that these two classes, of course, played as DPS or a well thought out hybrid is an amazing choice.
Gate Crasher - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress - The Eternal Warrior
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Hambunctious
09.03.2013 , 09:09 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by AgustinSarro View Post
For Melee DPS it's obiously Marauder.

Now for Range DPS I have my oppinions. To be honest I like Sniper that deal massive damage but it's activation times and cooldowns are pretty slow. My sniper max hit was around 10k with "Ambush". On the other hand I prefer Sorcerers DPS (Madness especially) because they deal really hard damage and it's cooldowns are fast.. With my Mercenary I have no experience at all, though I heardthey deal good damage too.

Overall my favourite Range DPS class is Sorcerer.
You got on a necro roll today.

ahzecklawd
03.31.2014 , 04:04 AM | #20
Assassin/Shadow . Their DPS is amazing , can stealth (reduce the amount of time spend on a Quest , by a lot .) , High survivability. If you skip 'trashers' , then get Nadia Geared (for Shadow's) and Ashara (for Assassin's) , once you unlocked Xalek , use him (He's the BEST Companion InGame .)
The Red Eclipse

Operative l Scoundrel l Sniper l Marauder l Juggernaut l Vanguard