Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New members I invite to the guild automatically get the same rank I have

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New members I invite to the guild automatically get the same rank I have

Kikutaz
09.01.2013 , 09:57 PM | #1
Hi,

just wanted to know if this was what I should expect. I am not the GM, but some of my toons have the privilege to invite new members to the guild. When I invite new people they enter the guild with the same rank as the toon who invited them. For example all the people I invite with my commander automatically earn the rank commander, same for lieutenant, etc.

So is this a bug? Could it be because I don't have the "set rank" permission so new members ranks are bound to mine? My GM is investigating the problem also.
Any help is welcome

Thanks

AlexDougherty
09.02.2013 , 02:51 AM | #2
Sounds like your GM has mis-set something, New members to a guild are normally at lowest level until GM or someone with change rank authorisation changes them, it sounds like your GM has accidently enabled/disabled something in the guild settings.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Kikutaz
09.02.2013 , 10:40 AM | #3
Thanks for the reply,

we made some test yesterday with my toon set as commander and when I invited the new player he came as a second lieutenant. The way I see it there are not that many settings to work with when you manage guild permissions, but then again I'm a noob and I never managed one so we'll keep digging and we'll figure it out.

Thanks again